Start by marking “A Suspicion of Strawberries (Scent of Murder, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Suspicion of Strawberries (Scent of Murder, #1)

A Suspicion of Strawberries (Scents of Murder Mysteries #1)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  86 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
When Charla Rae Thacker and her bridesmaids show up at Andi's soap shop in Greenburg, Tennessee, for a morning of pre-wedding pampering, Andi bends over backwards to make it a pleasant experience for them all. But then Charla keels over and dies from anaphylactic shock after she uses Andi's personally blended cherries jubilee facial scrub. Andi suspects sabotage and murder ...more
Published February 29th 2008 by Heartsong Presents

To ask other readers questions about A Suspicion of Strawberries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Suspicion of Strawberries

Melissa
Mar 26, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the books that have read by Lynette Sowell. However, I did not know she had written a mystery series. My favorite genre. I was not disappointed.

Andi Clark opened her soap store in the small town where she has lived her life. Between store sales and internet sales, she has been able to stay a float. However, the up coming spa party could change that. When things go wrong. Andi must clear her reputation. Meanwhile, her longtime boyfriend has decided to make many chang
deb waldman
Trite and Formulaic

This reads like a Christian romance for young teens, not an adult mystery. Characters are stereotypical and 2 dimensional. Very disappointing.
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
I REALLY liked this book! A good mystery, good characters, and another faith-based Christian cozy series. Very well done. The protagonist has a sense that something is wrong even before the cops do, and isn't afraid to say so, even if it puts her as a target suspect - the murder happened in her store, with her product, to her less than socially tactful customer. But through it all, she has to keep in mind that God is in charge, and He will lead the way to answers to this mystery and all of the o ...more
Leise Chadwick
Mar 06, 2013 Leise Chadwick rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading, A Suspicion of Strawberries, which was unlike other romantic mysteries in my Kindle library. The difference being it was a wholesome Christian MURDER mystery... wait, that's an oxymoron! Let me try again... the difference is that both Andromeda and Ben, who had faith in the power of prayer, loved each other unconditionally, were faithful to each other, and they did not engage in a physical love affair. They said 'I love you' often which is so important to tell people you love.
Bookadventurer
Jul 03, 2011 Bookadventurer rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cozy lovers, Christian inspired
Poolside read over July 4th weekend, and once again Heartsong presented a really cozy and light read that had a feel-good ending. I really enjoyed Andi, and liked the realistic struggles in her and Ben's relationship, all the while enjoying a good mystery. I definitely have to get my hands on the second one if I can; too bad I discovered Heartsong's mysteries after they stopped publishing them!
Patricia
Sep 19, 2013 Patricia rated it really liked it
Sometimes it is very nice to pick up a book that has no swearing and good Christian characters. This mystery unfolds in Greenburg, TN, where Andromeda Clark operates a small soap making business. I enjoyed her escapades as she attempted to help solve the mystery of a death she witnessed in her very own shop. Very often I thought she rather overdid her efforts but it still was a very fun read.
Judy Walker
Jan 14, 2016 Judy Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judy

I thought it was very good even though it took me a month to read. I always had something else going on, but I never forgot what was happening. It was a very good who done it
Judy Ortiz
May 23, 2012 Judy Ortiz rated it really liked it

I liked it, enough to recommend it to others. I liked the main character's believable thoughts and prayer life. She was somewhat impulsive but kept going back to the guiding force in her heart and mind.
Maria Claudia
Not a bad book, but totally previsible.
Deborah
Sep 22, 2012 Deborah rated it liked it
3.5 stars--cute cozy mystery
Diane Rivera
Diane Rivera rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Angela Bailey
Angela Bailey is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Lori Hendel
Lori Hendel marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Donna Journey
Donna Journey rated it did not like it
May 25, 2016
Miesje Biggs
Miesje Biggs rated it liked it
May 23, 2016
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Karolyn B. Dorsey
Karolyn B. Dorsey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Theresa C. C.
Theresa C. C. rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Barbara Pritchard
Barbara Pritchard rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Edy
Edy marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Debbie Taulman
Debbie Taulman rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2016
  • Candy Coated Secrets (Summer Meadows Mystery #2)
  • Another Hour to Kill  (The Volstead Manor #2)
  • The Wedding Caper (Bridal Mayhem Mystery, #1)
  • Bye Bye Bertie (Ivy Towers, #2)
  • Died in the Wool (Hometown Mysteries)
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • Icy Grip of Murder (A Lacy Steele Mystery)
  • Katherine's Story (The Girls of Lighthouse Lane, #1)
  • Murder By Mushroom
  • Drop Dead Diva (A Sleuthing Sisters Mystery, #2)
  • Family Patterns (Patchwork, #1)
  • Claimed by a Vampire (The Claiming #2)
  • Heart Full of Love
  • Tangerine Morning: Jezzica's Story (Serenity Cove, #2)
  • Willow Springs (Troublesome Creek, #2)
  • The Last Goodbye (The Women of Independence #2)
  • The Camera Never Lies
  • Esperanza (Hungry Ghosts, #1)
Lynette Sowell is an award-winning author with New England roots, but she makes her home on the doorstep of the Texas Hill Country with her husband and a herd of five cats. When she’s not writing, she edits medical reports and chases down stories for the local newspaper.

More about Lynette Sowell...

Scents of Murder Mysteries (3 books)
  • The Wiles of Watermelon (Scents of Murder, #2)
  • The Perils of Peaches (Scents of Murder, #3)