Start by marking “I Bid One American (Archer Family #2)” as Want to Read:
I Bid One American (Archer Family #2)

I Bid One American (Archer Family #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Shes an American heiress nobody wants; hes a Duke every woman is after. When Nathaniel, Duke of Peckham, meets Charlotte, hes suspicious of her indifference. Too many women have soughtand failedto catch him. However, Charlotte is more interested in dead pharaohs than English dukes. Her pretended immunity vanishes, however, when a debutante seeking to entrap Nathaniel gets ...more
Published May 9th 2008 by The Wild Rose Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about I Bid One American, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Bid One American

C.L. Roman
When I was a teenager, romance novels were all I read. I’m pretty sure I owned stock in Harlequin. My second favorite reads were murder mysteries. The Unwanted Heiress by Amy Corwin reminded me of how much fun a good romance can be, especially when combined with a murder and a scandalous scheme or two.

In Charlotte, Corwin provides us with a protagonist most of us have been, at one point or another. She has a great deal of moxy, but has been led to doubt herself due to repeated rejections. You ha
Carol
What a fun novel! Henry James broke my heart with Isabel Archer in "Portrait of a Lady," but Amy Corwin gives us the kind of heroine we love, ambitious, intelligent, outspoken, free-spirited and determined never to give up her independence no matter who seeks her hand in marriage. Not even the most charming, titled, sought-after bachelor in town will tempt her. (Of course, she *might* underestimate his sweetness and sex appeal...)

Unlike the famously ill-fated Isabel, this American heroine in Eu
Carol Kean
What a fun novel! Henry James broke my heart with Isabel Archer in "Portrait of a Lady," but Amy Corwin spares us the tragedy while giving us the kind of heroine we love--ambitious, intelligent, outspoken, free-spirited and determined never to give up her independence no matter who seeks her hand in marriage. Not even the most charming, titled, sought-after bachelor in town will tempt her. (Of course, she *might* underestimate his sweetness and sex appeal...)

Unlike the famously ill-fated Isabel,
Janice Hougland
Wow! Ms. Corwin certainly knows how to take a difficult topic and turn it around for the reader. Who in the world wants to be unwanted? I was drawn to this heroine because of her "unwanted" status and was rooting for her all the way through to the end. And I also kinda "felt" for the hero who was reluctant at first to give this heroine a second look. I was cheered and definitely did cheer when Charlotte and Nathaniel took gradual, little steps toward a loving relationship that ended happily. I w ...more
Tabby
This historical romance/mystery is delightful, witty, and full of suspense! The characters are smart and likeable, from the MCs to the supporting characters. One of my favorites is John Archer, who is similar to many of Jane Austen's matchmaking characters. The female lead is strong and intelligent without being obnoxious and the Duke is downright comical at times in his avoidance of persistent ladies. Absolutely adorable novel!

LT Member Giveaway
The Unwanted Heiress
Amy Corwin
Lilly Gayle
An American heiress and "bluestocking" who doesn't quite fit in and a Duke every woman wants seem a bit mismatched. Until a debutante is murdered and the Duke (Nathaniel) becomes a suspect. Then Charlotte comes to his aide and the two grow close. Three's murder, mystery, romance and some outrageously fun secondary characters.
Denielle
this was an exciting book. i am going to have to get the other ones and see what mr. archer and his family is all about.
Evangelyn
At 84% I am disappointed about the way I see the ending.
Lisa
It was okay--nothing to get excited about.
Loisa
Loisa added it
Jun 11, 2015
lililogitech
lililogitech marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Carol Rapier
Carol Rapier marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Hasnamezied
Hasnamezied marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 20, 2015
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Ceruz
Ceruz marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Kittykorn
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
1206111
Amy Corwin is a charter member of the Romance Writers of America and recently joined Mystery Writers of America. She has been writing for the last ten years and managing a career as an enterprise systems administrator in the computer industry. She writes Regencies/historicals, mysteries, and contemporary paranormals. To be truthful, most of her books include a bit of murder and mayhem since she di ...more
More about Amy Corwin...

Archer Family (4 books)
  • The Necklace (Archer Family #1)
  • The Bricklayer's Helper (Archer Family #3)
  • The Earl's Masquerade (Archer Family #4)
The Vital Principle (Second Sons, #1) The Dead Man's View (Second Sons, #3) Smuggled Rose The Bricklayer's Helper (Archer Family #3) A Rose Before Dying (Second Sons, #2)