Start by marking “Urchin and the Raven War (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Urchin and the Raven War (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #4)

Urchin and the Raven War (The Mistmantle Chronicles #4)

After his last adventures, Urchin of the Riding Stars has taken his place as a trusted member of the Circle in King Crispin's court. Life on the island is back to normal, with little Princess Catkin growing up and testing everyone’s patience in the process.
But daily life is disrupted when Lord Arcneck and other inhabitants of Swan Isle come to Mistmantle asking for help
Published October 14th 2008 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Urchin and the Raven War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Urchin and the Raven War

Daria
Mar 09, 2009 Daria rated it it was amazing
Mistmantle! I've missed you so much! Here is another tale of Urchin, Crispin, Padra, Fingal, Cedar, Neddle, Apple - all of the small woodland animals we hold so dear in our hearts. New fascinating characters are introduced as well - Catkin, Corr, and Myrtle take their places in the Mistmantle story tapestry as though they had been there all the time. Although the plot is a clear-cut conflict between good and evil, it is another wonderful romp through the world of Mistmantle. As always, we the re ...more
Katie
Jan 10, 2010 Katie rated it really liked it
Once again M.I. McAllister provides us with a wonderful adventure of Urchin and his friends. While Mistmantle is attacked by savage ravens screeching "Kill and Destroy," it easy to visualize the courage and terror felt by the animals of the island.
I enjoyed the introduction of Corr and the overall plot and action of the book. I was caught up in their desperation to save Mistmantle. I liked the ongoing character development of Catkin and the growing importance of Fingal. Each chapter jumped arou
Lara Ivey
Jul 13, 2012 Lara Ivey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
All is peaceful on the isle of Mistmantle until the arrival of longtime friend Lord Archneck, the leader-swan from Swan Isle. His island has been attacked by ravens and he has come to ask for help from King Crispin and the creatures of Mistmantle. The request cannot be denied and our Mistmantle friends go to defeat Lord Archneck’s enemies. Little do they know this will cause them to be the next target for these noisy, clamoring, self-centered black birds. The battle is on! A perfect backdrop for ...more
Margaryta
I gotta say after reading this book I officially started to hate ravens. Such bloody creatures, even in real life...

Mc Allister is unstoppable when it comes to animal fantasy books. I gotta say that it tops the ones that are famous that's for sure, as I enjoy thisseries way more. The style continues in the same direction, and unlike some/most authors I know she doesn't ruin the next book in the series by making it rushed, choppy or boring - it continues to have the same free-flowing format.

The c
Jessica
Jan 09, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
Urchin and the Raven War is the fourth book in the Mistmantle Chronicles series. In this book the island of Mistmantle comes to the aid of the swans and other creatures of Swan Isle when they are attacked by vicious ravens. But, after they help rid Swan Isle of the ravens, the birds quickly set their sights on Mistmantle and attack full force. The animals of Mistmantle fight bravely to save their island from the attacking ravens. With the help of a few special creatures Mistmantle is returned to ...more
Elizabeth☮
May 03, 2010 Elizabeth☮ rated it really liked it
Shelves: recent-reads
this is the fourth installment of this little series and i love it!

i agree that this book definitely picks up the pace lost in the second and third.

the animals of the island of mismantle find themselves assisting swan friends that are under attack by ravens on a neighboring island.

the feisty squirrels, moles, hedgehogs and otters are victorious in warding off the ravens, but the ravens seek retribution.

it's up to king crispin and his circle of friends to come up with crafty ways to save their is
Rachel
Aug 29, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book with even more dark themes to it.
(view spoiler)
I feel like I have watched Urchin grow up. I wonder if they pair him with a female and will it be Sepia. Needle is very rude most of the time, so I do not like her. Padra is great, and so is Crispen. Can't wait for book 5!
Maggie
Mar 05, 2013 Maggie rated it it was amazing
I can't get enough of this series - they are that great! Thank you, once more, to Cari for getting me started on the Mistmantle series:o)

I keep putting books between these books because I don't want to get to the end to quickly. Sadly, I am on the last book now. I will read a few other books before I start on it so that the series does not end yet.

Five stars is not enough...
Logan
Logan was relieved to be back to a little more in the way of swashbuckling and less in the way of child abduction (which was the crisis of the previous book). The ravens are really nasty though. This is the first book in which McAllister has a one-dimensional species with no redeeming value. And we both like ravens. So, one star off for speciesism!
Katelyn Snell
Jan 30, 2017 Katelyn Snell rated it it was amazing
It felt wonderful to return to Mistmantle. I didn't realize how much I missed this series until I was 2 chapters into the book. Crispin, Urchin, Brother Fir, and all the other animals are just as I remembered. The storyline moves quickly, but doesn't feel rushed. I'd recommend this for ages 12 and up.
Jasminz
Sep 25, 2014 Jasminz rated it liked it
Urchin and the raven war is the forth in the series.The characters in the book are animals.The book isn't that good as the first book.The book is fantasy. Unlike the first book there are more exiting stuff happening in the begging of the book.I think this book is better than the first.Because it's more exiting.
Dayna Smith
This is the fourth installment in The Mistmantle Chronicles. In this adventure we find Urchin, King Crispin, and the other Mistmantle animals involved in a war to save their beloved island from a horde of evil ravens led by the Taloness and the Silver Prince. This story brings in new characters and revisits old favorites and fans of this series will love this book as well.
Christine
Sep 18, 2011 Christine rated it it was amazing
So much happening and more animals and more names. I need to read slower to keep track of everyone and what is going on. I am surprised at how engrossed I have become with the series and this fourth book.
Amy
May 01, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
My favorite in the series so far.
Kathy
Jan 12, 2010 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This series is totally endearing! I can't wait to see what Urchin is up to next, and what becomes of all his aquaintances.
Heather Rauch
Feb 27, 2015 Heather Rauch rated it really liked it
Nice continuation of the series.
Riley
Feb 13, 2009 Riley rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book! It has memorable charecters, an amazing plot, and great writing.
Leslie
I can't stop reading these lovely Mistmantle books. This was the best one yet! So charmingly full of noble creatures in a Camelot like setting!
Hannah
Oct 22, 2009 Hannah rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! It had an engaging plot, and touching characters. If you get past the whole "world of animals" theme and read it, you won't be disappointed :)
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
Apr 22, 2010 Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power! rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
Best Mistmantle book so far! This one was completely full of awesomeness!!!!!! Wow!!!! I loved it!!!!
Jessica
Jan 10, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books Ever!!!! Poor Brother Fir:(
Cari
Feb 09, 2013 Cari rated it it was amazing
Loved this soo much!!(o:
Jocelin
Aug 09, 2009 Jocelin rated it really liked it
M.I. McAllister is still going strong. I absolutely thought this was a great book. Such and easy and gripping read. You totally fall in love with the characters.
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
I love this series, and this one is especially good! Wonderful!
Tori  De
Jul 16, 2015 Tori De rated it it was amazing
This series deserves more recognition. The artwork, the description, the interactions, the way it is written--children need to be reading this.
Mia Silva
Apr 20, 2016 Mia Silva rated it it was amazing
Awesome book!!
Valerie
Nov 28, 2012 Valerie rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful series! It is a very fun read-aloud for the whole family.
Allison Fegler
Feb 27, 2016 Allison Fegler rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, action, adventure, everything I love.
Johanna
Mar 25, 2014 Johanna rated it it was amazing
Definitely for an older audience than the first books.
Gianna
Gianna rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2011
  • Mouseheart (Mouseheart #1)
  • The Kingdom of Carbonel (Carbonel #2)
  • Poppy and Ereth (Dimwood Forest, #5)
  • The Legend of Holly Claus
  • Armadilly Chili
  • R-T, Margaret, and the Rats of NIMH
  • Exile (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #14)
  • Queen of the Masquerade (Hallowmere, #5)
  • Dreamtreaders (Dreamtreaders, #1)
  • Жёлтый туман (Волшебник Изумрудного города, #5)
  • The Last Hunt (Unicorn Chronicles, #4)
  • A Nest for Celeste: A Story About Art, Inspiration, and the Meaning of Home
  • Waggit Again
  • The Two Collars (Bracken Trilogy, #3)
  • The Victor: A Tale of Betrayal, Love, and Sacrifice
  • Winnie The Pooh: And The House At Pooh Corner (The Complete Collection Of Stories)
Some books by this author are attributed to M.I. McAllister.

Also writes as Poppy Harris.
More about Margaret McAllister...

The Mistmantle Chronicles (5 books)
  • Urchin of the Riding Stars (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #1)
  • Urchin and the Heartstone (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #2)
  • The Heir of Mistmantle (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #3)
  • Urchin and the Rage Tide (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #5)

“Nobody is here to do your thinking for you.” 1 likes