Start by marking “The Field Is White (Light & Truth, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Field Is White (Light & Truth, #1)

The Field Is White (Light & Truth #1)

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  18 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
A historical fiction of the United Brethen congregation in England in the early 1840's. The arrive of an apostle from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints brings the gospel message they have been searching for. In just a few months, he baptizes nearly the entire congregation. This book brings to light the hisorical mission of Elder Wilford Woodruff.
Published June 21st 2004 by Harris Publishing (first published June 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Field Is White, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Field Is White

Janell
Mar 25, 2012 Janell rated it liked it
This is a historical novel based on a true story. In all fairness, I should mention up front that I'm not fond of this type of novel. The mixture of truth and fiction never works well for me.

This time the truth is the story of one of the greatest early missionary events of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; that of the conversion of the 600 members of the United Brethren congregation in England by Elder Wilford Woodruff. This conversion story is well documented in Woodruff's journ
Ila
Aug 25, 2008 Ila rated it really liked it
I did not care for the author's style of writing. It was a worthwhile read in that it is based on true events and also true characters. I was able to visit Nauvoo while reading the book and it gave me greater insight to the characters and also was able to see some of the names of those characters on monuments, etc., while there. I learned much about Wilford Woodruff and the book gave me a greater understanding of some of the persecutions that these pioneers experienced in joining the Church of J ...more
Idamae Wallace
Mar 24, 2013 Idamae Wallace rated it really liked it
I love historical fiction. This book was not a disapointment to me. I loved the characters and the story, however I really loved the history of Christianity that he added to the book. I learned so much. I loved this book and I am excited to read the rest of the series!
Tammie
May 05, 2011 Tammie rated it it was amazing
I read this book a long time ago, but along with a few others on this page I am related to the Harris'. My grandfather is the grandson of Robert Harris. I felt the books were similar to the Work and Glory but I had a bigger interest because it was family! Great Read!!!
Linda
Sep 11, 2014 Linda rated it liked it
This is a fictional book based on the story of true characters, which happen to be my direct ancestors. (My great, great grandparents) I was, therefore, very interested in it's content, but found the writing to be not as compelling as I would have liked.
Nancy Beard
Aug 05, 2008 Nancy Beard rated it it was amazing
A good Historical Book,that takes place in the early 1800's I felt like I was living right there with the Eagles, Harris and Browett Families.
Nanci
Nov 06, 2008 Nanci marked it as to-read
this story is about robert and hannah harris who are my great great great grandparents. pretty cool
Shelly Bess
Shelly Bess is currently reading it
Apr 03, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Mickey
Mickey rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2015
Maxine Louise Day
Maxine Louise Day marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Sandy Romney
Sandy Romney marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Tom Waldron
Tom Waldron marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
May 28, 2014
Melissa Ellgen
Melissa Ellgen marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
Meeka
Meeka rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2013
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Corri
Corri rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Crystle
Crystle marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2013
Kath
Kath marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2012
Peg
Peg marked it as to-read
May 06, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2012
Mccall Probert
Mccall Probert is currently reading it
Oct 16, 2011
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 11, 2011

Light & Truth (5 books)
  • The Gathering (Light & Truth, #2)
  • The Nauvoo Years (Light & Truth, #3)
  • Mormon Battalion (Light & Truth, #4)
  • The Journey Home (Light & Truth, #5)