Start by marking “Living Large in Small Spaces: Expressing Personal Style in 100 to 1,000 Square Feet” as Want to Read:

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  8 reviews
With a little imagination and creativity--and without hiring a professional--almost anyone can transform a small living space into a comfortable and stylish environment. Whether decorating a dorm room, an apartment, or a little cottage, what we strive for is a look and feel that expresses our individual personalities. Part style guide, part idea sourcebook, this handy volu ...more
Published May 1st 2003 by Harry N. Abrams, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Living Large in Small Spaces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living Large in Small Spaces

Sandy
I love these little books showing how people (mostly New Yorkers) cope in the tinniest places imaginable. I would like to know where all their stuff is, not one knitting needle in sight, let alone a loom.
Not a how-to book, though this does contain a few peripherally-referenced concepts in the text, which is straightforward description of the owners' processes and life-styles, written in an informal, chatty-but-sophisticated voice. It is not terribly varied, focusing on New York apartments, done in the minimalist mode. Beautiful photographs. Inspiring, from a purely aesthetic perspective.

This is more a showcasing "here's what I did," rather than instructional "here's what you can do."
This book is a mix of people with a lot of money who can pay an architect to transform their space and those who have used ingenuity to make a studio apartment (for instance) into a permanent home. Full of inspiration for urban dwellers, with gorgeous photography and (almost the best part) floor plans so you can really see how they use the space.
Heather
I liked how this was laid out in amounts of square feet. The rooms were silly though, or rather the styles were. And the book, while only 10 years old were very dated.
Debbie Gifford
Tons of great pics! Lots of ideas for my place.
Mandy
Love it! Lots of inspiration.
Pilar
Horrible title, wonderful book.
Helmina
inventive, stylish, micro space design
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Casey Kinson
Casey Kinson marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Ninagood
Ninagood marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Tamara
Tamara added it
Jun 13, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Karim Rashid: Compact Design Portfolio Compact Design Series: Arne Jacobsen (Compact Design Portfolio) American Contemporary Furniture Architecture + Design NYC Contemporary American Furniture