Start by marking “The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book” as Want to Read:
The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book

The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book (Jerry Pallotta's Alphabet Books)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Find out why boa constrictors swallow their meals whole, learn why gila monster's tails are so fat, and meet a lizard that is larger than most people.

As young readers turn the pages of this beautifully illustrated book, they will find that reptiles aren't really so "yucky." In fact, reptiles are among nature's most exotic and intriguing animals.

Jerry Pallotta's well-resear
Published February 1st 1989 by Charlesbridge (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yucky Reptile Alphabet Book

Me...Jane by Patrick McDonnellBalloons Over Broadway by Melissa SweetA Seed Is Sleepy by Dianna Hutts AstonRedwoods by Jason ChinAn Egg Is Quiet by Dianna Hutts Aston
Best non-fiction picture books
178th out of 274 books — 81 voters
Eating the Alphabet by Lois EhlertJolly Youngster ABC by John McLoughlinS Is for Story by Esther HershenhornFairy ABC by John McLoughlinUnivers Revolved by Ji Lee
Alphabet Picture Books
43rd out of 48 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

Megan Phillips
This book can be used to teach students about reptiles. It goes through every letter of the alphabet and describes one reptile for each letter. This book is great for teaching a unit about reptiles and using this for the explain or elaboration portion with students. I would read this book with the younger grades (K-2) because I think they would find it the most enjoying.

This book could be used with kindergarteners or Pre-K students to teach them more about the alphabet, and help them associate a
Alison
This book was very informational about reptiles. I enjoyed how many different reptiles were mentioned and researched upon. This book helps me have an idea of how to broaden a research units span from one animal species to multiple to choose from. I would use this book to add to my research unit for my class.
Heather
This book was awesome! It wasn't really yucky, unless you're a total baby about lizards and such.

It had a lot of animals we'd never heard of before and some of our old favorites. We learned such interesting, and yucky, things - like blood spurting out of the eye of a horned lizard to scare a predator away. Yeah, I'd run too. It has really great illustrations and a bit of humor mixed throughout.

My boys looked through it a lot and we read it many times before sending it back to the library. And I
Katie Roseveare
Love the art work. This could be used to compliment a science unit on reptiles, to get an idea of an animal to research on.
Hannah Woods
Week of October 9

This book is a good alphabet book. I have always liked the alphabet books that have useful and fun information in them. In this book, each letter of the alphabet is represented by a reptile who's name begins with that letter, and it has facts about each reptile.
Yates Marie
This book is really good for children to look at to help them learn the alphabet. For every letter, there is a reptile that goes a long with it. You need to make sure that the children will not be scared of some of the reptiles that are in the book.
Amy
May 23, 2013 Amy marked it as picture-books-read
Great information and short enough that preschool-aged children love it. For my full review: http://sunlitpages.blogspot.com/2013/...
Lam Nguyen
This a book that incorporates math and science together. Students can learn the alphabet as well as reptiles. Great pictures to represent the reptiles.
Deborah Harris
Dec 15, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a11, ar-3
AR Quiz No. 41678 EN Nonfiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.4 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
Lyn
I bought this for my 4 year old nephew, of course I had to read it first. It is fun and I learned a few things about certain yucky reptiles!
Tina
Good illustrations of reptiles - helps with name recognition. Some are kind of scary, some pretty cool looking. Wow - a lizard with a blue tongue!
Alicia
I love this Jerry Pallotta book. It is so much more than an alphabet book. There is so much science in it.
Anne Tipton
Anne Tipton marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Alena Peterson
Alena Peterson marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Xiomara
Xiomara marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
Julie
Julie added it
Sep 16, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My full name is Gerard Larry Pallotta but my mom always called me "Jerry". I was born on March 26, 1953 in Boston, Massachusetts. My mom's name is Mary, and she came from a family of ten children. My dad's name is Joe, and he came from a family of five children. My grandparents were immigrants of Italian descent. I have the nicest parents in the world. They have always been unselfish and ready to ...more
More about Jerry Pallotta...

Jerry Pallotta's Alphabet Books (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Bird Alphabet Book
  • The Construction Alphabet Book
  • The Skull Alphabet Book
  • The Dinosaur Alphabet Book
  • The Beetle Alphabet Book
Apple Fractions The Icky Bug Alphabet Book Hershey's Fractions Who Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight? The Underwater Alphabet Book