Start by marking “Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5” as Want to Read:
Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5

Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5 (Star Wars Tales #5)

Star Wars Tales Volume 5 features an astonishing variety of stories featuring Boba Fett, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, and more! This substantial volume includes a Chewbacca story gorgeously illustrated by Cary Nord (Conan), Haden Blackman's unbelievable Han Solo tale, Scott Kurtz's parody of The Breakfast Club, and the "all-indie issue"—featuring many of ...more
Published February 22nd 2005 by Dark Horse Books (first published January 21st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars Tales, Vol. 5

Sam Quixote
Oct 20, 2014 Sam Quixote rated it it was ok
I usually don’t bother with Star Wars comics mostly because I’m not a huge fan of the franchise and the writers for it are usually really crappy (Ian Edginton, W. Haden Blackman, Ron Marz? Pee-yeew!). But Amazon was having a blowout, selling Kindle editions of these trades for pennies, and I noticed this book had an amazing line-up of some of my favourite indie creators: Tony Millionaire, Jason, Rick Geary, Peter Bagge, James Kochalka and Gilbert Hernandez, so I bought this puppy.

This is a book
Paul Mirek
I'll be honest: the only reason I sought this one out was the "all-indie" final issue in this volume, featuring greats like Bob Fingerman, Tony Millionaire, and Gilbert Hernandez. Most of the jokes in their stories are stretched pretty thin, but it's still refreshing to see such visually subversive takes on the classic franchise.
Unfortunately, getting there means slogging through the other three-quarters of the book. There were a few stories that piqued my interest, mostly because of the artists
David Caldwell
This collection of short tales ranges widely in setting (All are in the Star Wars universe but they cover a lot of time.), characters, and style of artwork. The level of seriousness goes from serious to silly. Boba Fett gets the spotlight in several stories.

Some of my favorite stories do not fall into the "real" Star Wars universe. I found the parody of the Breakfast Club to be fairly funny. I also enjoyed the story of Han and Chewie making an impact on Earth (loved the cameo in that one).

But ov
Jeff Lanter
Feb 07, 2011 Jeff Lanter rated it really liked it
This volume is slightly better than the last. The art continues to shine. As the series has gone on, the style of art has been quite eclectic which gives the story great variety. There are quite a few Boba Fett stories (despite the cover) in this volume and these work well in the shorter format. Unlike with a Jedi moral which is a common "Tale", a bounty hunter can have a quick sleight of hand to outmaneuver their opponent and the story still has a satisfying conclusion. I'm glad I kept going wi ...more
Lisa Rathbun
Quite a variety of tales and styles. My problem with this is although it many of the tales are dark, violent, and bloody (including a teen girl shoving a boy off a building to his death and a son stabbing his father), my kids' elementary school had it in the library where my 3rd grader checked it out. Amazon has it classified as YOUNG ADULT!!!!! Young adult does NOT mean 3rd grade!!!! Who chooses the books for the library anyway?
Kelly Lynn Thomas
Dec 15, 2011 Kelly Lynn Thomas rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, star-wars
A series that, like "Infinities", explores "what if?" It allows the authors and artists some license to be creative without having to worry about continuity. There are some truly moving stories in "Tales," such as the one about the stormtrooper who has to take point when they board the Tantive IV, and the Darth Vader vs. Darth Maul duel, and the story that shows Vader with 3PO on Cloud City during "Empire".
Jj Grilliette
I have not read this book, but Goodreads thinks I was reading it.
Daniel
Apr 16, 2015 Daniel rated it it was amazing
This was probably best thing I've read so far, from Dark Horse. It was honestly great.
Nicholas
Nicholas rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Mary Henschen
Mary Henschen rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2010
Myles
Myles rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Vincent Digregorio III
Vincent Digregorio III rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Rodolfo
Rodolfo rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2008
Richard Gombert
Richard Gombert rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2014
Stuart Williams
Stuart Williams rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Brian Francis
Brian Francis rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Luke
Luke rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Scott Mills
Scott Mills rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Corey
Corey rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2011
Mark Elwood
Mark Elwood rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2010
Steven Ontiveros
Steven Ontiveros rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Cei
Cei rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2012
Bryan Pitchford
Bryan Pitchford rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2016
Anthony
Anthony rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2013
Jordan Hofer
Jordan Hofer rated it really liked it
May 18, 2010
Jordan H.
Jordan H. rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
  • Star Wars Tales, Vol. 6
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 4: Light and Dark
  • Star Wars: Empire, Volume 2: Darklighter
  • Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume One: Path to Nowhere
  • Star Wars: Clone Wars, Volume 3: Last Stand on Jabim
  • Star Wars Infinities - A New Hope
  • Star Wars: Chewbacca
  • Refugees (Star Wars: Invasion, #1)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Volume 1: Commencement

Star Wars Tales (6 books)
  • Star Wars Tales - Volume 1