Prisoner of the Flames

Prisoner of the Flames

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A horribly scarred Scottish laird goes to Paris to seek healing from the great Nostradamus, and instead finds love with a blind flower girland a French civil war!
Published November 1st 2008 by Leisure Books (first published October 28th 2008)

Mary B.
This book so was not what I was expecting, and I can't say I loved it - however, I couldn't put it down! Like some other reviewers have mentioned, this book feels much more like historical fiction than it does romance. Yes, there is a romance; however it is not the main conflict in the book. Also, the hero is, unequivocally, the main character of this book and the central plot is about how he, a Scottish Laird, gets unintentionally embroiled in the religious and civil strife of the Renaissance p...more
Virginia Campbell
An appealing hero and a fascinating historical setting elevate the story line of "Prisoner of the Flames", by Dawn MacTavish. Robert Mack, Laird of Berwickshire, ruled Hume Castle and his Scottish lands with a keen mind and a just heart. Brave in battle, and a seasoned warrior, he was tall and strong. However, one side of his face had been horribly scarred by fire when he was a babe in his cradle. As he grew, the burned skin marred and pulled that side of his face, but the other side was untouch...more
gina~*
Blah. Too much trouble and not enough romance.
Deborah
Aug 02, 2008 Deborah rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who love wonderful historical fictioin
Prisoner of the Flames is one of several remaining books in Dawn Thompson’s legacy, though this is under her Dawn MacTavish name. Dorchester Love Spell publishes her paranormal romances, but they wanted her straight history to go under another name in the Leisure Books line.

This one actually straddles the straight history-paranormal divide because there is a paranormal element in it in the figure of Michael Nostradamus and the role he plays in the plot of the story.

Though she passed away in Fe...more
Alta
I've read some of hers that I loved (Bride of Time) and others that I've had to just take back to the library, but still, I took a chance because the story sounded good, I wasn't disappointed. I had a hard time putting the book down the first couple hundred pages,(that's why I gave it four stars) but then got irritated that there was one herculean feat after another, I was ready for the romance!

The story focus was on him, she was a side story, and we really didn't get a lot of insight into her...more
Stacie
Robert Mack has scars over one side of his face from being burned when he was an infant. He is traveling to see Nostradamus to see if there is a cure for this face. He comes across a blind girl named Violette who is being assaulted. He helps her out and ends up getting arrested. Violette comes to his aid and gets him free.
LiteraryLover
LiteraryLover marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Joella
Joella added it
Jul 04, 2014
Aurora
Aurora marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Sylvia
Sylvia marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
May 25, 2014
Helen
Helen added it
May 14, 2014
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Brenda
Brenda added it
May 13, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Penny
Penny added it
Apr 28, 2014
Jamie Reicks
Jamie Reicks marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Apr 11, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Chris N
Chris N marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Privateer The Marsh Hawk Counterfeit Lady Renegade Riders The Ravening (Blood Moon, Book 3)