Start by marking “Sightings” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Sightings

Susan Trott

Sightings

The story begins with the image of a woman sailing a long, slender, silver bay, her mystical blue eyes sweeping the waters for the body of her small son who drowned fifteen years before. Her husband, a famous philosopher, has run off with their daughter's best friend. Their daughter,Sunny, having met and fallen in love with the mysterious and charismatic Masefield, is in P ...more
Published June 1st 1988 by Harper Perennial (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Sightings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sightings

Miranda
Apr 22, 2013 Miranda rated it it was amazing
Ms.Susan Trott’s inventiveness and insouciance has made me an aficionado. It is a sad fact that she is not well known. Her book deserves a larger readership.
Trott crosses the boundary from reality to fantasy, and takes the reader into a surreal journey. She uses first person subjective for all characters effectively that in each chapter, the character is revealed by his/her perspective and choice of words. It is refreshing that each time the reader can peek into a character’s innermost thoughts
Rachel
Jan 25, 2012 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This was my first encounter with this author - and I hope to have another, shortly. Engaging characters, precisely written. (And, though she uses a multiple-character-narratives style, it's easily followable, and actually furthers the plot.)
Heidi
Apr 06, 2015 Heidi rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!!!! Susan has a very unique writing style and her characters are all so descriptively described. I read this in one sitting and am about to start reading another of her books right now!!!
Sirena
This is another of those books that I loved passionately, but don't think I could ever read now, for some reason. (I know the reason, but it is a spoiler, so I won't say.)
Anyway - I think about this book a few times a year, but couldn't remember the title until right now.
Sherie
Jul 16, 2008 Sherie rated it it was amazing
This was my first Susan Trott Book and it was something else. It had everything: murder, incest, true love,and no way to second guess where the author was taking me.( I'm very bad to read the last chapter, but that doesn't help with Trott's books).
Marc
Nov 07, 2008 Marc rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kim Munkres
Not Susan Trott's most well-known books, but one of her best. The setting is Tomales Bay in Northern California. Hauntingly beautiful. I love her other books, too. I wish she's write more.
Lawn
Oct 19, 2013 Lawn rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing. i'm always able to be aware of where i am when reading, but while reading this (especially on the train), i couldn't keep track
Jane
Mar 11, 2009 Jane rated it liked it
This book was interesting and a bit strange at the same time. Although I think that I enjoyed the storyline and it did make you think!
Miranda
Jun 23, 2008 Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE Susan Trott's novels -- every single one of them. They are just hard to find. : (
Melissa Bolin
Jan 13, 2013 Melissa Bolin rated it liked it
Very interesting and captivating read.
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 25, 2016
Kimberlly Moreles
Kimberlly Moreles rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2016
Rodrigo Santos
Rodrigo Santos rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2016
M Cathy
M Cathy marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Phyllis
Phyllis rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Samantha Monteiro
Samantha Monteiro rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Vitória Campos
Vitória Campos rated it did not like it
Oct 02, 2015
Ginger Watson
Ginger Watson rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2015
Judy
Judy added it
Feb 24, 2015
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Debbie Drechsler
Debbie Drechsler rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2014
Sibyl
Sibyl rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Vivian
Vivian rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Dedefluette
Dedefluette rated it really liked it
May 11, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
Marilyn Berry
Marilyn Berry rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2014