Misty to the Rescue: Mermaid S.O.S. #1 (Mermaid S.O.S.)

Misty to the Rescue: Mermaid S.O.S. #1 (Mermaid S.O.S. #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Meet Misty and the Mermaid Sisters of the Sea!

Misty and her friends are on a very important mission: they must find the six Magic Crystals that give life and strength the Merfolk, and bring them back to Coral Kingdom. But a wicked mermaid named Mantora would like nothing better than to keep the Sisters of the Sea from completing their task. This time she’s sent a power

Published April 1st 2008 by Bloomsbury USA Children's Books (first published September 4th 2006)

Grace
Corl Kingdom had 6 crisdals. The mermads went to get new cridals. Mantora trid to blow them away. The mrmads met a speshal friend. I liked this book.
Akemi Joy
Read this after my 7-year-old cousin read it and loaned it to me. Surprisingly enjoyable - I went on to read the whole series. I loved the details about the animals and plants that live in the ocean and the light push to ecological awareness and conservation. I thought it was fun and educational.
Natalie
I went out on a limb and bought these for Sam based on some reviews I'd read. I think it's perfect for her. Totally formulaic but in a way that's good for a 6-year-old :-) It's got magic, mermaids, a mean mermaid, adventure, fancy purses - everything a little girl could hope for! :-)
True rating: 3.5 stars.

A nice little book about mermaids for very young readers. No extensive characterization or detailed descriptions, but enough of each to spark a child's imagination and let it take over. A bevy of cute illustrations supplement the text and help the story along.
Nicola
Oct 09, 2013 Nicola rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Georgia
Shelves: kat-s-read, kiddos
Misty to the Rescue is a really good book, also it is really an exciting book. In the story they make some mistakes on their travels. I like all the mermaids.....Katarina age 7
Isabelle Thibault
I read this book a long time ago it was a good book it was one of my favoite kid book. My little sister Charlotte is reading that book right know.
Rachel Keith
such a cute read! took me bout 20 min but is such a positive read for little kids. specially mermaid lovers like myself.
Wanda
I think it was a wonderful adventure of friendship and courage.
Bates Library
I like Misty to the rescue because, it has a lot of adventure. T.S.
Lily
I learned not to be bratty like scarlet.
Sarahtcg
Awesome book i think sonja would love this babe
Melody
I LOVE this series!!!!!!!!
Abby
very intersting
Zoe Roberts
Zoe Roberts marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Mia Thinnes
Mia Thinnes marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Sriva
Sriva marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Abbey
Abbey added it
Jun 22, 2014
Laci Adkins
Laci Adkins marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Abby Harris
Abby Harris marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Myrnee
Myrnee added it
May 26, 2014
Sirenita
Sirenita marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Winey Mommy
Winey Mommy marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Tara
Tara added it
Apr 06, 2014
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Erin1
Erin1 added it
Mar 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Gillian Shields was born and brought up in Yorkshire, in the north of England. As she grew up, she had two passions:books and theater. Gillian’s love of books led her to read English at St. Catharine's College, Cambridge. After university she studied acting in London. She then taught in a drama school, the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts, for several years, becoming Vice Principal. She recently...more
More about Gillian Shields...
Immortal (Immortal, #1) Betrayal  (Immortal #2) Eternal (Immortal, #3) Destiny (Immortal, #4) Library Lily