Start by marking “Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much” as Want to Read:
Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much

Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  331 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Many of today's women are over-extended - addicted to working, rushing, busying themselves to death. This book of 365 meditations (presented in the classic pocket-sized meditation format) will help women break that cycle. Schaef's pithy meditations open new ways of living. The conclusions are sometimes funny, sometimes poignant, but always thought-provoking for all women w ...more
Published December 31st 1992 by HarperOne (first published June 8th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much

Lisa Shultz
I started reading this book at the beginning of the year for a second time. But then I realized that I am not a workaholic anymore and I was bored with it. But the first time I read it years ago, it was good for me to read. Happy that I don't have a need to do it all anymore, but if you find yourself doing too much, you might really like it.
Tina
Mar 23, 2008 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a great book on daily thoughts for women. It doesn't matter how rushed you are, you can pick up this book and find the thought for the day. The advice is gentle and sometimes funny. It is also encouraging and reassuring.

I love to pick it up and spend a few moments reflecting on the thoughts and on me. A great pick-me-up book that helps the reader take a little time out from a very busy day!
Shaunaly ~  (A Book Away From An Episode Of Hoarders)
I've had this book for many years now and when I am nearing the end of teaching my yoga classes, I share the daily passages with my students (who for the majority have always been women). It's a wonderful little book and one that all us busy females can certainly relate to.
Janice
May 30, 2010 Janice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
An on-going read. Speaks to me, reminds me to slow down and reminds me I can (should) make other choices.
Melissa
Oct 22, 2010 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i read a page a day. good way to start/finish the day
Peggy
Feb 20, 2011 Peggy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Peggy by: Quaker resources
This is a good little book to have beside the bed or a favorite chair. It is organized into brief one-page meditations, one per each day of the year and each introduced by a pertinent quotation from women of different ages, cultures, perspectives. There is wisdom, thoughtfulness built into your daily routine if you take the few minutes to pick this book up, read and reflect - a practice I am resolving today to resume. It has been some years since I bought this book at a Quaker conference and for ...more
Atlantis
A daily reading on different topics such as "Letting Go", "Powerlessness" and "Self-Esteem." Focusing on how we sometimes get so caught up in being busy and doing as much as we can that we forget to take time for ourselves as well as realize all the joys that life has to offer. This was among the books that my Mom was reading when she died so it will always have some significance for me.
Ashley
Apr 12, 2015 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book 4 days now, and each entry for all the days in this book has been exactly correct. Gives me some peace of mind!
Linda
May 06, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book offered plenty of food for thought. I enjoyed each brief meditation and recognized myself more than once.
Marjorie
I've had this book for years. You can pick it up, read one page and have food for thought.
Shari Turner
Sally McRogerson
It's not helping!! I meditate on the daily readings whilst rushing from one task to another. I somehow get the impression that this is not how it's meant to work. Maybe they will filter in slowly, or maybe I'll learn to be a sloth in October. I'm just one of those people whose lives have to be filled wi a thousand outstanding tasks just to get my arse out of a sling long enough to do one! Have an indolent centre. It's just having a hard time getting out!!! Will use the book as it's meant to be u ...more
Danni
Sep 20, 2015 Danni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting. I read this book as part of another book. I thought that it was a little long.
Yalonda
Jan 10, 2016 Yalonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
I have the 2004 edition and have read it several times. Wonderful, wonderful book!
Kerri Buie
Jan 14, 2013 Kerri Buie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I will not have actually finished this book until the end of the year, I love it. Each day is a small passage about being a woman who fights the instinct that we have learned or the beliefs that we are holding about being more... doing more... achieving more... to prove our worth. The ultimate message is that we are perfect, just as we are and that we harm ourselves and others by believing otherwise. There is great truth in these small passages.
My3js
Aug 25, 2012 My3js rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a gift, from a very special friend, to help me deal with alot of daily struggles. There are some very good quotes & I love the way the index is set up! Great little book to have, I have 3 daughters, so I'm passing this on! :))
Drinkncoffee
This book was recommended to me by someone who knows I am always doing WAY to much. It is a great one a day, stop and pause to reflect on what is truely important in your very busy life.
Lora
Mar 18, 2010 Lora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an ongoing read to remind me how to handle stress in my everyday life. It always me to step back and refuel, and ultimately cherish myself the way we are all meant to.
Meija
Jan 01, 2009 Meija rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent for every women, men too! Small doses of truth to help clear your head, and set you back on the path... Brilliant.
Bessa Wahba
This was a gift from an old friend. It not only has sentimental value but has also inspired me to Bette myself.
Jacki
Oct 03, 2012 Jacki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous book. Like melting into a puddle of yourself. A new way of looking at things, and an old way at the same time.
Kelly
Feb 20, 2008 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading the daily meditations puts my life and my behaviors into a deeper perspectives. I become more aware of Life.
Toni
Feb 17, 2010 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an "ok" mediatation book. I prefer my other two selections better, but it's a nice change from time to time.
Scout
Dec 15, 2008 Scout rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I love this book! Every day it inspires me to be stronger,better...more creative.Hooray for meditations.
Ruth Hultman Desmidt
Must read! Can't describe it you have to read it for yourself. Even husband liked some of the meditations.
Kim
May 24, 2012 Kim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A nice read that I keep at my bedside for morning or evening inspiration.
Maria
Dec 11, 2007 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice "slow-down" sort of book that I am enjoying over breakfast everyday:-)
Tiff
Mar 08, 2011 Tiff rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learning that there are meditations for women who do too much
Lisa
What woman doesn't fit this title?!
  • Spirit Song: The Introduction of No-Eyes
  • After Life
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Wicca + Living Wicca + The Complete Book of Incense, Oils and Brews
  • Earth Prayers: From Around the World: 365 Prayers, Poems, and Invocations for Honoring the Earth
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • The Hero Within: Six Archetypes We Live By
  • Buffalo Woman Comes Singing
  • Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers
  • The Scalpel and the Soul: Encounters with Surgery, the Supernatural, and the Healing Power of Hope
  • The Secret Language of Dreams: A Visual Key to Dreams and Their Meanings
  • Believing In Myself: Daily Meditations for Healing and Building Self-Esteem
  • God And The Evolving Universe
  • The Essential Mystics: Selections from the World's Great Wisdom Traditions
  • Hallucinogens and Shamanism
  • All Women Are Healers: A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Healing
  • Wellsprings

“March 12 ACCEPTANCE/MISTAKES/AMENDS Of all the idiots I have met in my life, and the Lord knows that they have not been few or little, I think that I have been the biggest. —Isak Dinesen One of the ways that I can reclaim my power and my person is to admit my mistakes. Sometimes it is helpful to sit down and make a list of people that I have wronged (including myself) and to make amends to those with whom it is possible and where it would not harm them to do so. What a clean feeling it is to accept and own my life and not beat myself up for the mistakes I have made! How good it feels to let those I have harmed know that I am aware of what I have done and that I genuinely wish to own and change my behavior, and do what I can to live” 0 likes