Start by marking “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4)

4.49 of 5 stars 4.49  ·  rating details  ·  1,483,740 ratings  ·  21,391 reviews
In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, J.K. Rowling offers up equal parts danger and delight--and any number of dragons, house-elves, and death-defying challenges. Now 14, her orphan hero has only two more weeks with his Muggle relatives before returning to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Yet one night a vision harrowing enough to make his lightning-bolt-shape ...more
Audio CD, 752 pages
Published September 17th 2007 by Listening Library (first published July 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, please sign up.

Arya Of course you can buy it! It's very popular and easy to find!
Amicha I love the special edition 15th anniversary covers so much!! A Japanese illustrator named Kazu Kabuishi did them! He wrote and illustrated the Amulet…moreI love the special edition 15th anniversary covers so much!! A Japanese illustrator named Kazu Kabuishi did them! He wrote and illustrated the Amulet series as well. (:(less)
The Help by Kathryn StockettHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingOutlander by Diana GabaldonHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingBloody Jack by L.A. Meyer
Best Narrated Books
4th out of 65 books — 49 voters
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Mortal Instrument by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
Great, YA, Fantasy books
7th out of 149 books — 68 voters

More lists with this book...

Sasha Alsberg
Um. Wow. Yeah. That was freaking FANTASTIC!!!! Probably my favorite so far, just wow oh my gosh......WHAT EVEN!! I feel empowered and sad at the same time (sad know). 5/5 stars of course!
Zoë (readbyzoe)
Don't mind me, just crying my eyes out.

This was WAY better than I remember it being, and I remember it being pretty darn good. J.K. Rowling is a writing goddess and I can't believe how much foresight and planning went into this series. She already hints at the horcruxes and many other things in this book that don't show up until much later. Definitely one of my favorites in the series!
This was the beginning of my addiction to POTter. I had previously experimented with and enjoyed POTter on 3 different occasions, but could easily have walked away and never touched the stuff again. Then, under some pressure from some POTterHEAD peers of mine, I tried the newest blend called the Goblet...and everything changed. As the warm, easy, potato chip prose crossed my blood-brain barrier, euphoria ensued. My inner child was smitten.

I...was...hooked and I...was...happy.

Ignore the so-call
*To read more reviews by me visit Views & Reviews *

I seriously have no idea why I still review these books when I have nothing new to say. I mean... J.K. Rowling is perfect. This series is perfect. And I dream day & night of going to Hogwarts. So what I'm going to do is, I'm going to show you how I felt about this book:

When I started the book:

During the book:

At the end:

Umm.. Mam Rowling..

All in all

Sorry for the lame review, readers. I just really don't know what to say..
Raeleen Lemay
Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

-at the beginning, Voldemort says to Wormtail, "I will allow you to perform an essential task for me, one that many of my followers would give their right hands to perform..." OMG J.K. ROWLING FORESHADOWS EVERYTHINGGGG

-when the Weasley men come to Privet Drive through the Dursleys' fireplace is just.... priceless. Yet ANOTHER scene that I wish had made it into the movie.

-We get to meet Bill in this book (way e
Wendy Darling
I'm apparently the crankiest person on earth, because this was my least favorite Potter book yet. (AZKABAN being my favorite!) It's mostly because:

1. There is too much tournamenting for my taste.
2. I hate the house elves. :O
3. The word "quietly" is egregiously overused. It loses its effectiveness because it appears so often.
4. There are moments when Harry and Ron behave like stereotypical stupid boys (I know, I know, they're 14...doesn't mean I can't be annoyed with them.)

The book gets an extra
Mohammed Arabey

في سوريا والعراق ظهر قادة الدولة الإسلامية "داعش" يغزون مدنهما يخرجون من ليس منهم,من ليس "إسلاميا" مثلهم من بيوتهم ومدنهم… يقتلون وينحرون رأس من يقف أمامهم, من يختلف عنهم في الدين أو المذهب وحتي الرأي أحيانا..من ليس مثلهم لا يحق له العيش في الدول التي يفتحونها أو ينتووا فتحها

وعلي مقربة منهم ,مكانيا, في فلسطين هناك الصهاينة ,يتغلغلون بأراضيها يخرجون من ليس منهم, من ليس يهوديا صهيونيا من بيوتهم واراضيهم..يقتلون ويقصفون بيوت من يقف أمامهم ,من ليس صهيونيا أو يهوديا هو أقل منهم شئنا...هم الساميون أسم

Death had always been a major theme of these books, but Goblet of Fire was really the turning point of the whole series. Not only did Voldemort return, but we found out that the Wizarding World is much larger, and (view spoiler).

The characters become more real yet are still stuck in flux between child and adult, which is apropos seeing as how this book is literally in the middle of the series.
Now THAT'S a book! The groove that J.K. Rowling starts to find in HP 3 is fully realized in 4. Partly it's that the kids (and therefore the readers) are getting older so she can delve into more adult, complex themes and situations, and partly it's that I think she's really finding her voice. We finally got our very own HP's, I am happy to report, and it's so funny to look at them all side by side b/c of the HUGE leap in size between 3 and 4. Then they get a little tricky b/c while 4 and 5 look t ...more
(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Juliana Zapata
Como todo el mundo me advirtió este libro estuvo más oscuro y la historia se complicó bastante. Ame leer como empieza la adolescencia de los personajes, los celos de cada uno en determinadas situaciones y la forma en que afrontaban estas situaciones.

Amando profundamente la historia y a todos sus personajes, leerlos crecer ha sido maravilloso

Reseña Completa:
Here be warned: This review contains cursing.

Greetings, loved ones, and let us talk of a young witch named Hermione Granger.

Hermione is, and always has been, a delight to read. Not necessarily because she's a girl, but because she is the only character amongst those 14 year olds who actually has a good head on her shoulders.

When I was young and gullible, I hated this book. Hated how it killed off Cedric and how bloody the series got afterwards. I hated it enough to renounce the franchize. Now
I feel like I've been stabbed. Right in the feels. There are tear stains all over the last 60 pages.

Jesus, I need to take a nap for a year after that.
Franco  Santos
Excelencia pura. Me encantó. En este se desarrolla una prosa más madura y oscura. No puedo decir nada más; mi amor por este libro es inefable.
—Saludémonos con una inclinación, Harry —dijo Voldemort, agachándose un poco, pero sin dejar de presentar a Harry su cara de serpiente—. Vamos, hay que comportarse como caballeros... A Dumbledore le gustaría que hicieras gala de tus buenos modales. Inclínate ante la muerte, Harry.
Could you be any more perfect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kate ♡

Actual Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Ah, J.K. Rowling truly is a genius! The way this book is moulded together is a true art and masterpiece. It continues to baffle me how one could come up with such an incredible story like this, simply from their own mind.

In this novel, we begin to see the start of Ron and Hermione’s future relationship, and it was so cute to read about Ron’s obvious jealousy.

This book really set up the eerie tone for the next book
Jason Koivu
If the "shit got real" in the last book, well, in this fourth book shit got unreal.

Goblet of Fire took the series forward and yet in tone it felt like a regression to the first two books. Certainly it is darker and slightly more mature in subject matter. However, there's a lingering "freshman" feel which I blame on the inclusion of the Tri Wizard Tournament. It seemed out of place at this point in the story.

I have no problem with the idea that the wizarding establishment didn't believe (or want
Bought this book when I was abroad in Paris the first time!
ist und bleibt mein Lieblingsteil <3
Liza Martin
So after suffering through the first three books of this series, I vowed never to carry on and finish it. That is, until I was at a party and two of my friends gave the Harry Potter saga such a ringing endorsement that I was convinced I was missing out. I picked up the fourth book and was determined to read it, to reconsider my stance on the series.

I quickly got through 200 pages, but it was then that I came to the same crisis I always do when reading a Harry Potter book: Do I really want to go
Христо Блажев
Да оставим Потър на съдбата му:

Свърши се моята. “Хари Потър и затворникът от Азкабан” ми допадна наистина много и заличи смесените впечтления от първите две книги, но “Хари Потър и Огненият бокал” вече затвърди окончателно факта, че съм затънал до шия в тая история. Доста показателно е, че тези 600 страници ги погълнах с лекота и се забавлявах през цялото време, чувствах се далеч по-съпричастен към преживелиците на героите, отколкото през трите първи книг
I don't know why I thought I'd actually be able to review these books. I can't. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said and really I don't think I could manage anything other than some flailing and fangirling. So here you go:

Jay Kristoff
This was the book that broke me from the HP series. My bride insists they got better, but she also married me, so her taste is... suspect.

I loved Prisoner of Azkaban. Great struggle, clever time-travel story (very hard to do) and our first real glimpses of the dark places where this series would head. I liked that shift, I really did. So what broke me?

Firstly, the plot holes. Well, more accurately, one plot hole, but it was a frackin' doozy. You know the opening scene in Star Wars where the came
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at:

This was the turning point. Where the books ceased to be books and instead became a lifestyle. Where not only did I laugh, but also cried my eyes out. Where the Hogwarts students became MY friends. MY family. This was when I knew there was no going back and I was committed to the end.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

(And The Doctor was in the movie version - so BONUS!)
This book is the crux of the series. It really sets up the dark atmosphere of the final three books. And I absolutely love it. It may be one of my favorites of the series.
Feb 25, 2012 Mariel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: flobberworms give bad bite
Recommended to Mariel by: Aragog never killed no one never
I'm a Harry Potter fan. A rather hardcore one, back in the day. The Harry fans at the big meetup of 2007 (last book) ditched me for not being cool enough. Shows what they know.

I don't know if anyone on goodreads followed the intense Harry Potter fanbase core in the good old days. I wasn't on goodreads until after the last book came out. Goblet of Fire was the last Harry Potter book before all of the bitching naysayers. It was never as much fun after that, either to discuss theories or pick apart
I'm going to keep up my non-reviews that I did for the past three books which have been gifs from that particular movie. Because let's face it, there's no way anything I say can do these books justice. However, the pic I chose for this review doesn't have much to do with the series, and everything to do with the fact that I forgot David Tennant was in the movie.
This will always be one of my favourites, and if not than my absolute favourite, of the series!
  • Squire (Protector of the Small, #3)
  • The Hand of Chaos (The Death Gate Cycle, #5)
  • The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)
  • Calling on Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #3)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • Enter the Enchanted (Everworld, #3)
  • Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Vol. 5 (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon Renewal Editions, #5)
  • The Sorcerer in the North (Ranger's Apprentice, #5)
  • Inkdeath (Inkworld, #3)
  • The Horse and His Boy (Chronicles of Narnia, #5)
  • Peter and the Shadow Thieves (Peter and the Starcatchers, #2)
  • The Bellmaker (Redwall, #7)
  • The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2)
  • Kushiel's Chosen (Phèdre's Trilogy, #2)
  • A Wizard Alone (Young Wizards, #6)
  • Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle, #2)