Start by marking “The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories” as Want to Read:
The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories

The Beginner's Bible: Timeless Children's Stories

n
Published August 31st 1989 by Questar Publishers (first published 1985)

Rachel
Sep 06, 2011 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gabriel
This was my book when I was little. Now Gabriel reads it and LOVES it. He begs to read his Bible. His favorite stories are David and Goliath (he can recite the story word for word) and he gets a kick out of the story of the angel Gabriel appearing to Mary :) Really easy for children to understand, even for my two year old. It has stories that I was a little unfamiliar with!
Volkert
May 27, 2017 Volkert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Beginner's Bible" is written at about a 2nd grade level, which makes it an excellent first Bible for kids to read by themselves. The copy we have in our school library is constantly being checked out by first, second and third graders. When they return it they are always proud of their accomplishment at reading a Bible on their own!

"The Childen's Bible," by W. Hillman, is a classic children's Bible storybook that's been around since the 1960s, and is better suited to reading aloud as it pro
Tracy
Oct 02, 2013 Tracy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-the-children
Classic favorite for 3,4,5 year olds. I keep it in my classroom and use it frequently in Children's Worship.

95 Timeless Children's Stories -- Including These: - A Big Picnic (Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand) - Long and Strong (Samson) - Best Friends (David and Jonathan) - Trumpets and Torches (Gideon) - The Most Special Baby (Jesus is Born) - Fish for Breakfast (With the Risen Jesus) - A Secret Message (Joseph and Pharaoh's Dreams) - A Basket Boat (The Baby Moses) - Wind and Fire (The Day of Pent
Kathleen Kelly
Oct 09, 2012 Kathleen Kelly rated it it was amazing
I recently had the pleasure of reviewing The Beginner's Bible App on my iPad. This app is so well done, colorful and full of lessons for the young child just starting out learning the bible. I loved the beautiful illustrations, the easy to read follow along hi-lighted words and the audio. So all the child needs to do is listen and read along. As well as the read along story there is a play section where the child can interact more with the coloring pages that can be colored right on the iPad. Th ...more
Jenny
Dec 02, 2014 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I was an adult who decided that I wanted to get to know what the Bible was all about. This was my introduction. I wanted the most simple form of the Bible to get an idea of it's contents before I dove into any future reading of the Bible. I can honestly say that I'm grateful that this book came into my life because now it has motivated me to read on. I now have a general idea of who people are and the events that happened with a tiny bit of background. This book is great for children (who it's r ...more
Butterflyshines
My son absolutely loved this Bible as he was growing up! Before he knew how to read he would look through the pictures for hours on end making up his own stories to go along with the pictures! This is a great way to introduce little ones to the Bible! I absolutely recommend this book to all children! The grown ups will enjoy it too! I sure did!!
Deborah
Jan 28, 2013 Deborah rated it it was amazing
When my children were little, we read several versions of this Bible, over and over again. The illustrations are bright and colorful and engage the young child to read the pictures, and develop early Bible reading skills as well.
Thorny
I read this book to both of my children 20 years ago, at every naptime, every bedtime, for years. The boys never got tired of it. Now I read it nightly to my grandson as well. My favorite children's Bible of all time.
Sally
Jun 09, 2012 Sally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-picks
This Bible wins my top pick for a children's Bible. It makes a great beginning reader that encourages good Bible-reading habits from an early age. One of my favorite features is the "address location" for where each story is found in the full-sized Bible.
A.C. Bauch
Jul 25, 2014 A.C. Bauch rated it really liked it
This is the third children's Bible that we've read through over the past year. It's a solid compilation that contains many stories other versions omit. I appreciated the inclusiveness of having stories from almost every book of the Bible.
Bridget
I have used this with my children to read scriptures with them at night. Easy to understand.

This is on the hardcover shelf.
Anita
Jan 01, 2014 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
The stories are just the right length for the bedtime routine with my little guy.
Steve
My five year old daughter and I read this together over a period of several evenings. She enjoyed it and asked lots of questions. Very well done childrens Bible.
Celia
Oct 31, 2011 Celia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it all the time when I was a kid.
Sherry
Jan 05, 2009 Sherry rated it really liked it
This is a child's early reader bible. It is really cute. Kristen read in this as a first grader learning to read.
Cws
Jul 06, 2009 Cws added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jenf
JENF-Hen
Justin
May 25, 2012 Justin rated it liked it
Giving it 3 stars is generous. It is a clearer story than the "adult" versions of the Holy Bible. Interesting historical fiction, well illustrated for children.
Andrew
Jan 13, 2009 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The inside cover of my Beginner's Bible reads as Follows...
"Presented to Andrew Price Beauchamp by Granny, Grandaddy, Daddy & Mama; date: January 1, 1992. That means I was 4.
Chris
if christians had based their religion on this, and not the crappy other bible, we would have a lot less problems.
Lisa Clark
Lisa Clark rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2012
Deejay Brewer
Deejay Brewer rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2012
Frans Karlsson
Frans Karlsson rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2012
Gabriel
Gabriel rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Bea
Bea rated it really liked it
May 18, 2012
Msbookworm
Msbookworm rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Jonathan Martinez
Jonathan Martinez rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Michelle Hoekstra
Michelle Hoekstra rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Picture Bible
  • The Child's Story Bible
  • Animals in Winter (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science. Stage 1)
  • The Bear That Heard Crying
  • The Trojan Horse: How the Greeks Won the War
  • Egermeier's Bible Story Book
  • Thumbelina
  • Going West (Little House Picture Book)
  • Baby Brains and RoboMom
  • The Legend of the Three Trees
  • Find Your Brave: Courage to Stand Strong When the Waves Crash In
  • Henry & The Kite Dragon
  • The Pilgrims' First Thanksgiving
I write young adult fiction about embracing uncertainty and discovering who you are. To me, life is story and story is life, and figuring out each is a process of exploring paths and seeing where they lead. In my novels, I explore losing what you thought was your path but finding another way, questioning taken-for-granted beliefs, and holding on when you think you can't. I love nature, travel, and ...more
More about Karyn Henley...