Start by marking “The Hidden Messages in Water” as Want to Read:

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  11,003 Ratings  ·  354 Reviews
The Hidden Messages in Water
Published September 20th 2005 by Atria Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Messages in Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Messages in Water

Derrick X
Jul 31, 2007 Derrick X rated it it was amazing
oh man. so...if we are made mostly of water, and the planet is mostly water, and water is the base of life......oh man. This guy really put a new twist on cellular organization from sound vibration for me. Simple, low tech....huge. We really should pay greater attention to how we treat our children.
Eli
A bizarre mixture of science, pseudo-science, self-help, time-honored religious philosophy and New Age twaddle. Emoto's methodology is suspect and his conclusions outre (e.g. in the caption for a photo of a crystal exposed to Brazilian music, Emoto contends that the crystal indicates that music and loud singing will strengthen the immune system). If you go into it thinking it's a scientific book containing valid information about water, you will be sorely disappointed. If you approach it as a ph ...more
treehugger
Mar 23, 2008 treehugger rated it it was ok
Ok, this book was just..eh. I had seen many of the water crystal photos before, although seeing them again is never a bad thing. It was the poor writing that got me with this book - I don't know if subtle nuances got lost in the translation to English, but it appeared to be geared towards middle school students, and was simple to the point of almost being insulting to the average reader.

The ideas that were presented in this book were widely varied, loosely connected, and rarely well developed.
Brooke
Oct 02, 2007 Brooke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone everyone everyone...everyone who is searching, everyone who may be dormant
Utter amazement. A feeling of non-stop expansiveness. A necessity for always paying attention. love and understanding.

I felt all of this while reading this. WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. Some proof that there IS something in existence, some force, SOMETHING, that we cannot fully explain or understand. The world is not made up of only our theories and equations in our textbooks!!! You cannot only view the world through the scientific method! Masaru Emoto has skillfully and who
Ethan
Aug 17, 2011 Ethan rated it liked it
You know, I think this book, and the reviews are good examples of some of the problems in both science and spirituality today.

The book does truly present something interesting to think about. Even if the theory doesn't mesh with you, the photography is interesting enough, and it never hurts to consider a new theory. But that's where I feel some of the problems begin. Specifically with the word "consider".

As some others have noted, the theory Emoto has created from his research does seem to have
Jeph
Mar 10, 2009 Jeph rated it liked it
If Masaru Emoto sounds familiar, it's because he spoke about his findings on water crystals in the documentary "What the Bleep Do We Know?".

Emoto, in his book "The Hidden Messages in Water" goes into greater depth in his findings of water and its receptability.

In a nutshell, Emoto conducted quite a few experiments on water and how positive or negative energy affects it. Several experiments were conducted by people throughout the world, from writing words on pieces of paper and taping them to th
Bret
Sep 19, 2007 Bret rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: science buffs
reassured me that there's more to life, that harmony defines the Universe as our positive energies impact the far corners of the earth in magnificent, observable shapes and patterns in water. It's amazing to think that a subliminal feeling can express itself in a concrete shape so that we may capture the moments when the unseen resonates with life and shows itself in the physical realm. Happiness is truly beautiful.
happydog
Mar 06, 2007 happydog rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: non fiction
This book is fascinating. It shows how water molecules are affected by our thoughts, words and feelings. The pictures are amazing!
Anna H
Mar 11, 2017 Anna H rated it really liked it
I first became aware of Masaru Emoto's work when I saw the film, "What the Bleep Do We Know?!" -- a movie along the lines of "The Secret" (both highly recommended if you haven't seen them). Emoto's work expounds on the ideas of consciousness creating reality, and his photographs of crystals created by water exposed to ideas, music and prayers indicates, according to his theories, that water is a kind of living consciousness and mirror to the soul of all living creatures on earth. If thi
Bobbie C Thompson
Sep 30, 2012 Bobbie C Thompson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: and-loved-it
Getting these 'messages' absolutely blew me away -- especially the sentence that says something to the effect of what we say to our children -- whose bodies are mostly water.

Made me very thankful that even without realizing what I was doing, I have always told my children they are the best and they have the ability to be and do whatever they choose in life.

Both of my children have happy lives, for which I am very thankful.
Robanne Johnston
Mar 30, 2008 Robanne Johnston rated it liked it
After finishing I felt the science was not explained to my satisfaction. However, I was profoundly moved by the ideas and the photographs. I am a firm believer that what you put out into the world effects all things. So it makes sense to send out positive energy. Love and gratitude alone can change the world one little moment at a time.
Elise Jensen
Jan 05, 2008 Elise Jensen rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
A lot of people had read this at Mystery School and were raving about it, so I went home and read it. And my opinion of the book as a whole was affected by the fact that while I was in the middle of it, the tsunami happened. Kind of made his assertions about how we can heal and control water through "love" and "gratitude" seem pretty childish and naive.
Lammoth
Oct 07, 2012 Lammoth rated it did not like it
Още една книга, която ще впечатли неграмотните маси.
Не, не съм тръгнал да му чета глупостите. Просто покрай фейсбук осъзнах колко наивни и суеверни хора има, далеч надвишаващи безопасния % от населението.

Не, нямам и намерение да се занимавам с един от най-известните псевдонаучни кретени по нашата планета . Но просто недоумявам как е възможно да има толкова много ГЛУПАЦИ, които да му се връзват! Виждам, че някои се впечатляват от докторската му титла, а даже някои го мислят и за професор. Всъщно
Chené
I have always believed that words have power and they like magic in our lives. The books starts off of how Masaru Emoto came across the idea of photographing water that has been exposed to different elements. He acquires ans assistant and the exploring begins. They test with words (in multiple languages), music and even television programs. Masaru and his assistant even test different types of waters from different locations. Publishers were not interested in this book of photographs initially. ...more
Kyle
May 17, 2007 Kyle rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
So this Japanese guy, Dr. Masaru Emoto believes that water forms beautiful crystals like snowflakes if you think good thoughts at it and turns ugly and asymetrical if you send it negative thoughts. Look at his amazing pictures to see. It seems like it ought to be a hoax, but it is also easily tested at home so I'm not sure it is. I'm going to try it.

If it is true, it seems like we should really be trying to think positive all the time and sending each other and ourselves and the planet happy pos
Hailinh
Thế là xử xong 1 bộ 2 cuốn bao gồm cuốn này và cuốn Secret Life of water! Nội dung thì mình đã được chị mình, cô giáo mình truyền đạt hết từ lâu nên đọc không có gì mới lạ, chỉ đơn giản đọc để thẩm thấu tua lại kiến thức. Với cả 2 cuốn này đọc đều có cảm giác rất lâng lâng, nhẹ nhàng, bừng sáng, sung sướng, thích thú, tươi đẹp!
P/s: chỉ vì đọc nốt mấy trang cuối mà lăn đùng ra khò khò quên cả giờ đi học!!! =))))))) say quá là say! Mơ màng phá đảo thế giới=)))))))))
Eri
Oct 25, 2007 Eri rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who seeks the truth of life
Shelves: inspiring
A very inspiring book... especially when we experience the lowest moment, truly it would enlighten our perspectives, beyond all our imagination, nourishing our mind and soul. Discover these messages.... and perhaps would reveal ours, things that we've taken for granted all this time and see the things that we never encounter in our thoughts. I believe, our own experiences all these years, have these hidden messages as we probably never realize them before.
marie monroe
Feb 12, 2008 marie monroe rated it it was amazing
i keep this around for random readings. it inspires me to monitor my thoughts and feelings for craziness & fix that. the images are fantastic reminders that thought/intention and emotion are power and that they create my world.
Brandon Little
Jan 23, 2008 Brandon Little rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: self improvement, scientists
An insight to the power of thought and subconscious as displayed in something as peculiar as water crystals. Very interesting research and make ya "feel good" book :)
Andrew
Masaru Emoto presents some interesting ideas and theories on water and its relationship to life.
Christina
Apr 03, 2017 Christina rated it really liked it
A friend recommended and it opened my mind about something I didn't know anything about. I continued to read the other books by Masaru Emoto... Most enlightening for me...

Some pictures of the water crystals...
Lan Tô Thị Hoàng
Tất cả chúng ta từng đã học Triết học Mark, trong đó tư tưởng chủ đạo là chủ nghĩa duy vật với quan điểm:vật chất có trước ý thức và vật chất quyết định ý thức.
Liệu điều này có thực sự đúng hay không?
Tôi là người học khoa học tự nhiên. Cho đến nay, tôi luôn tin vào khoa học và chỉ tin những gì có kiểm chứng bằng khoa học. Nhưng những dấu mốc thăng trầm của cuộc sống đã dẫn tôi đến những kho tàng tri thức mới mà triết lý vật chất quyết định ý thức dần dần trở thành một hoài nghi về chân lý.
Nếu bạ
Lisa the Librarian
Jan 28, 2009 Lisa the Librarian rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people seeking enlightenment, curious people,
Recommended to Lisa by: Cherie
I very much enjoyed the photos of crystals in this book.

I believe that it contains Truth. We are largely made up water (chemically speaking) and I believe that our thoughts help shape who we are, which in turn, can influence those around us, for good or bad.

I believe in the power of prayer (crystals before and after prayers are shown) and that it can have a profound effect on us and the world around us.

I believe that great music can uplift, inspire and enrich.

We need to be so careful of how we
Toni Miranda
Sep 23, 2016 Toni Miranda rated it it was amazing
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G So many things to ponder after reading this book. There are so many applications for understanding how water responds to thoughts and words. He states that by expressing BOTH love AND gratitude we strengthen our immune system and allow positive energy to flow within our body. He says, "I have come to realize that ailments are largely a result of negative emotions. If you can erase the cause of such emotions, you have an innate capacity to recover from illness...methods that help wa ...more
Mawgojzeta
May 05, 2010 Mawgojzeta rated it did not like it
Beautiful pictures. Questionable science. Now, Mr. Emoto does readily state that he is not a scientist, which follows with the assumption (to me) that he is likely not using proper study controls. Some of the other scientists he talks about in the book (ex: Rupert Sheldrake) are controversial and not taken too seriously by the scientific community as a whole.

I am not saying that any of his or the other scientists' hypothesis will not lead to future breakthroughs, I just don't think they have qui
Chris Ak
Oct 01, 2007 Chris Ak rated it really liked it
Air... sesuatu yang sering kita abaikan kalo ada...

Air... ternyata bisa dipengaruhi oleh kata-kata dan kondisi yang kita berikan... Lihat gambar2 kristal air...

Air... membentuk kristal yang indah bila diberi ucapan2 syukur...

Air... membetuk tidak membentuk kristal bila diberi ucapan2 negatif...

Air... sadarkah kita : "bahwa 80% tubuh kita terdiri dari air.??"

Air... membentuk kristalkah air dalam tubuh kita jika sehari2 kita sering marah2 dan mengucapkan kata2 negatif..??

Air... tidakkah Anda ingin
Shelby
Dec 05, 2014 Shelby rated it it was amazing
This book just made me feel happy. I was introduced to people studying things I'd never heard of before, and it questioned a few things I thought were true. The validity of the science is almost irrelevant: Just let that go. What Dr. Emoto has to say about love, gratitude and the beauty of the universe are words that will fill your soul with peace. He nails it. I wish I could read this whole book before I start each day; I know it'd help me be the human being I try to be day-to-day. The end was ...more
Lisa
Apr 26, 2010 Lisa rated it did not like it
CRAP! This book is all nice and touchy-feely but have absolutely NO scientific explanation... no, actually, the explanation that he does have is worse than nothing! Emoto shows one photo of a crystal under certain circumstances... but does not mention that he even TRIES to take more than one photo under circumstances until 3/4 of the way through the book and he uses one paragraph... To me, this book was made of some very amazing pictures, and it just happened to coincide with a pretty message ab ...more
Mona
Nov 26, 2012 Mona rated it it was amazing
"This book Shows how the influence of our thoughts, words and feelings on molecules of water can positively impact the earth and our personal health. This book presents a theory showing how water is deeply connected to our individual and collective consciousness."

I borrowed this book from a friend and read it a few months ago. It's one of the most amazing books I have ever read.

Dr Emoto appeared on Egyptian TV a few years ago and proved that how reading Ayat from the Quran impacts positively o
Olivia Reid
May 20, 2015 Olivia Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love that this book is in English so that Americans can have access to this invaluable knowledge that is so easily overlooked in Western Culture. I truly found this book's theme popping up in my head through out the years, finding it to make a positive impact on myself as a person. The experiments are fascinating and its truly a book that everyone in the world should read ... because then maybe we could really make the connection of how our words and actions really do affect the things, people ...more
living water 2 27 May 27, 2014 05:28PM
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • Hands Of Light
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Molecules Of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • Power vs. Force
  • Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind Body Medicine
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • Bringers of the Dawn: Teachings from the Pleiadians
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
  • Animal-Speak: The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small
  • Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • Love, Medicine and Miracles

“To give your positive or negative attention to something is a way of giving energy. The most damaging form of behavior is withholding your attention.” 862 likes
“While there is no one who hasn't an evil bone in their body, there is also no one who is totally evil to the core. the fact that someone harbors opposing emotions simply makes them human.” 13 likes