Start by marking “Hidden Messages in Water” as Want to Read:
Hidden Messages in Water
Preview

Hidden Messages in Water

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  8,366 ratings  ·  271 reviews
In this New York Times bestseller, internationally renowned Japanese scientist Masaru Emoto shows how the influence of our thoughts, words and feelings on molecules of water can positively impact the earth and our personal health.

This book has the potential to profoundly transform your world view. Using high-speed photography, Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals form
Published September 20th 2005 by Atria Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Messages in Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Messages in Water

Water for Elephants by Sara GruenLike Water for Chocolate by Laura EsquivelThe Water Is Wide by Pat ConroyBurning Water by Mercedes LackeyBlack Water by D.J. MacHale
Books with the word "water" in the title
37th out of 102 books — 13 voters
Siddhartha by Hermann HesseThe Invention of Religion by Alexander DrakeThe Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoThe Upanishads by AnonymousThe Gift of Therapy by Irvin D. Yalom
Spirituality & Psychology
66th out of 218 books — 195 voters

More lists with this book...

Derrick X
oh man. so...if we are made mostly of water, and the planet is mostly water, and water is the base of life......oh man. This guy really put a new twist on cellular organization from sound vibration for me. Simple, low tech....huge. We really should pay greater attention to how we treat our children.
Eli
A bizarre mixture of science, pseudo-science, self-help, time-honored religious philosophy and New Age twaddle. Emoto's methodology is suspect and his conclusions outre (e.g. in the caption for a photo of a crystal exposed to Brazilian music, Emoto contends that the crystal indicates that music and loud singing will strengthen the immune system). If you go into it thinking it's a scientific book containing valid information about water, you will be sorely disappointed. If you approach it as a ph ...more
treehugger
Ok, this book was just..eh. I had seen many of the water crystal photos before, although seeing them again is never a bad thing. It was the poor writing that got me with this book - I don't know if subtle nuances got lost in the translation to English, but it appeared to be geared towards middle school students, and was simple to the point of almost being insulting to the average reader.

The ideas that were presented in this book were widely varied, loosely connected, and rarely well developed.
Brooke
Oct 02, 2007 Brooke rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone everyone everyone...everyone who is searching, everyone who may be dormant
Utter amazement. A feeling of non-stop expansiveness. A necessity for always paying attention. love and understanding.

I felt all of this while reading this. WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. Some proof that there IS something in existence, some force, SOMETHING, that we cannot fully explain or understand. The world is not made up of only our theories and equations in our textbooks!!! You cannot only view the world through the scientific method! Masaru Emoto has skillfully and who
Bret
Sep 19, 2007 Bret rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: science buffs
reassured me that there's more to life, that harmony defines the Universe as our positive energies impact the far corners of the earth in magnificent, observable shapes and patterns in water. It's amazing to think that a subliminal feeling can express itself in a concrete shape so that we may capture the moments when the unseen resonates with life and shows itself in the physical realm. Happiness is truly beautiful.
Jeph
If Masaru Emoto sounds familiar, it's because he spoke about his findings on water crystals in the documentary "What the Bleep Do We Know?".

Emoto, in his book "The Hidden Messages in Water" goes into greater depth in his findings of water and its receptability.

In a nutshell, Emoto conducted quite a few experiments on water and how positive or negative energy affects it. Several experiments were conducted by people throughout the world, from writing words on pieces of paper and taping them to th
Ethan
You know, I think this book, and the reviews are good examples of some of the problems in both science and spirituality today.

The book does truly present something interesting to think about. Even if the theory doesn't mesh with you, the photography is interesting enough, and it never hurts to consider a new theory. But that's where I feel some of the problems begin. Specifically with the word "consider".

As some others have noted, the theory Emoto has created from his research does seem to have
Botan Latif
I still wonder if the experiments done on water crystals are true or not,
The phenomena is too good to be true! maybe its too big for our minds and can't understand it yet.

Though I believe that believing in new things can be hard, but you have no choice other than keeping doubting and questioning, especially when instead of explaining the phenomena and providing the evidence, the words "Its true, its true" are repeated, I wished to find a "This is how it works." in the book, but I was disappointi
Robanne Johnston
After finishing I felt the science was not explained to my satisfaction. However, I was profoundly moved by the ideas and the photographs. I am a firm believer that what you put out into the world effects all things. So it makes sense to send out positive energy. Love and gratitude alone can change the world one little moment at a time.
happydog
Mar 06, 2007 happydog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: non fiction
This book is fascinating. It shows how water molecules are affected by our thoughts, words and feelings. The pictures are amazing!
Lammoth
Още една книга, която ще впечатли неграмотните маси.
Не, не съм тръгнал да му чета глупостите. Просто покрай фейсбук осъзнах колко наивни и суеверни хора има, далеч надвишаващи безопасния % от населението.

Не, нямам и намерение да се занимавам с един от най-известните псевдонаучни кретени по нашата планета . Но просто недоумявам как е възможно да има толкова много ГЛУПАЦИ, които да му се връзват! Виждам, че някои се впечатляват от докторската му титла, а даже някои го мислят и за професор. Всъщно
Kyle
So this Japanese guy, Dr. Masaru Emoto believes that water forms beautiful crystals like snowflakes if you think good thoughts at it and turns ugly and asymetrical if you send it negative thoughts. Look at his amazing pictures to see. It seems like it ought to be a hoax, but it is also easily tested at home so I'm not sure it is. I'm going to try it.

If it is true, it seems like we should really be trying to think positive all the time and sending each other and ourselves and the planet happy pos
Eri
Jan 16, 2008 Eri rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who seeks the truth of life
Shelves: inspiring
A very inspiring book... especially when we experience the lowest moment, truly it would enlighten our perspectives, beyond all our imagination, nourishing our mind and soul. Discover these messages.... and perhaps would reveal ours, things that we've taken for granted all this time and see the things that we never encounter in our thoughts. I believe, our own experiences all these years, have these hidden messages as we probably never realize them before.
Elise Jensen
A lot of people had read this at Mystery School and were raving about it, so I went home and read it. And my opinion of the book as a whole was affected by the fact that while I was in the middle of it, the tsunami happened. Kind of made his assertions about how we can heal and control water through "love" and "gratitude" seem pretty childish and naive.
Lisa the Librarian
Feb 01, 2009 Lisa the Librarian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people seeking enlightenment, curious people,
Recommended to Lisa by: Cherie
I very much enjoyed the photos of crystals in this book.

I believe that it contains Truth. We are largely made up water (chemically speaking) and I believe that our thoughts help shape who we are, which in turn, can influence those around us, for good or bad.

I believe in the power of prayer (crystals before and after prayers are shown) and that it can have a profound effect on us and the world around us.

I believe that great music can uplift, inspire and enrich.

We need to be so careful of how we
Chené
I have always believed that words have power and they like magic in our lives. The books starts off of how Masaru Emoto came across the idea of photographing water that has been exposed to different elements. He acquires ans assistant and the exploring begins. They test with words (in multiple languages), music and even television programs. Masaru and his assistant even test different types of waters from different locations. Publishers were not interested in this book of photographs initially. ...more
Mawgojzeta
Beautiful pictures. Questionable science. Now, Mr. Emoto does readily state that he is not a scientist, which follows with the assumption (to me) that he is likely not using proper study controls. Some of the other scientists he talks about in the book (ex: Rupert Sheldrake) are controversial and not taken too seriously by the scientific community as a whole.

I am not saying that any of his or the other scientists' hypothesis will not lead to future breakthroughs, I just don't think they have qui
Chris Ak
Air... sesuatu yang sering kita abaikan kalo ada...

Air... ternyata bisa dipengaruhi oleh kata-kata dan kondisi yang kita berikan... Lihat gambar2 kristal air...

Air... membentuk kristal yang indah bila diberi ucapan2 syukur...

Air... membetuk tidak membentuk kristal bila diberi ucapan2 negatif...

Air... sadarkah kita : "bahwa 80% tubuh kita terdiri dari air.??"

Air... membentuk kristalkah air dalam tubuh kita jika sehari2 kita sering marah2 dan mengucapkan kata2 negatif..??

Air... tidakkah Anda ingin
Lisa
CRAP! This book is all nice and touchy-feely but have absolutely NO scientific explanation... no, actually, the explanation that he does have is worse than nothing! Emoto shows one photo of a crystal under certain circumstances... but does not mention that he even TRIES to take more than one photo under circumstances until 3/4 of the way through the book and he uses one paragraph... To me, this book was made of some very amazing pictures, and it just happened to coincide with a pretty message ab ...more
Mona
"This book Shows how the influence of our thoughts, words and feelings on molecules of water can positively impact the earth and our personal health. This book presents a theory showing how water is deeply connected to our individual and collective consciousness."

I borrowed this book from a friend and read it a few months ago. It's one of the most amazing books I have ever read.

Dr Emoto appeared on Egyptian TV a few years ago and proved that how reading Ayat from the Quran impacts positively o
Tre
Hidden Messages in Water by Dr. Masaru Emoto- This is an amazing read and has the potential to change your perspective on the universe. After years of trying, Dr. Masaru Emoto devised a method the photograph frozen water crystals. The significance is before the water was frozen it was subjected certain words or music. The water that had positive affirmations such as “Thank You”, “Love” or “Gratitude” formed near perfect snow-flake like crystals. On the other hand negative words and heavy metal m ...more
Rama
Water Molecules do not Have Central Nervous System

The author of book claims that water gives good crystalline structure in response to good music, good (moral) words, good photos, and good contaminants (good for human health), whereas, in response to bad music, bad words, bad photos, or bad contaminants (bad for human health), water produces bad crystalline structure. Water is not an independent living being; it does not have central nervous system and hence it has no consciousness to respond to
Leigh
Oct 05, 2011 Leigh rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2005
How many different books will I read with this simple central message: love and gratitude are the most important ideas in the world. The mind-blowing idea in this book is that water responds to our emotions and since 70% of our bodies and planet are made up of water, perhaps the negative effects of all the wars and hatred that we have released into the universe is actually being stored in the water we drink, the food we eat, the bodies we inhabit.
Bobbie C Thompson
Getting these 'messages' absolutely blew me away -- especially the sentence that says something to the effect of what we say to our children -- whose bodies are mostly water.

Made me very thankful that even without realizing what I was doing, I have always told my children they are the best and they have the ability to be and do whatever they choose in life.

Both of my children have happy lives, for which I am very thankful.
Afina Azizah
Masaru Emoto, peneliti dari jepang, membuka sebuah tabir baru. Ketika air disebut sebagai benda mati, ia menyajikan sebuah fakta bahwa air mampu menerima pesan yang disampaikan kepadanya. akankah benda mati mampu melakukan hal ini?
dalam bukunya, banyak disajikan bagaimana air membaca pesan ang disampaikan. dengan sebuah kata yang positif, kristal air yang dilihat dengan mikroskop elektron mampu menangkap perubahan bentuk kristal air menjadi bentuk yang lebih indah. begitupula sebaliknya.
dengan s
marie monroe
i keep this around for random readings. it inspires me to monitor my thoughts and feelings for craziness & fix that. the images are fantastic reminders that thought/intention and emotion are power and that they create my world.
Shelby
This book just made me feel happy. I was introduced to people studying things I'd never heard of before, and it questioned a few things I thought were true. The validity of the science is almost irrelevant: Just let that go. What Dr. Emoto has to say about love, gratitude and the beauty of the universe are words that will fill your soul with peace. He nails it. I wish I could read this whole book before I start each day; I know it'd help me be the human being I try to be day-to-day. The end was ...more
Patricia

What a wonderful book! I try enjoyed discovering how thoughts, words, images, music, feelings can affect every living being. This is a book I share with all the people I love. A must read!
Susan
Oct 15, 2008 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
How absolutely delightful and amazing!!!! I love this little book. I have read it twice and plan on reading it every few years or so. It encourages one to be a better human being.
Binit
I have no idea why I have this book and even less of an idea as to why I decided to read this. This is really a strange mix of pseudo-science and feel-good psycho-babble. The author's main thesis is that water can somehow be imprinted by music, words or even people's emotions and that photographs of ice-crystals reveal this. All his proofs seem anecdotal and lack any scientific rigor.
I think the interesting thing really is that this book is actually a best seller, perhaps we like the idea that s
living water 2 26 May 27, 2014 05:28PM
  • What the Bleep Do We Know!?: Discovering the Endless Possibilities for Altering Your Everyday Reality
  • The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe
  • Hands Of Light
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • Molecules of Emotion: The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine
  • The Divine Matrix: Bridging Time, Space, Miracles, and Belief
  • Energy Medicine: Use Your Body's Energies
  • Heal Your Body: The Mental Causes for Physical Illness and the Metaphysical Way to Overcome Them
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Why People Don't Heal and How They Can: A Practical Programme for Healing Body, Mind and Spirit
  • Ageless Body, Timeless Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old
  • Power vs. Force
  • Animal-Speak: The Spiritual and Magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small
  • Love is in the Earth: A Kaleidoscope of Crystals - The Reference Book Describing the Metaphysical Properties of the Mineral Kingdom
  • Same Soul, Many Bodies: Discover the Healing Power of Future Lives through Progression Therapy
  • The Lightworker's Way: Awakening Your Spiritual Power to Know and Heal
The True Power of Water Secret Life of Water The Miracle of Water Love Thyself: The Message from Water III Water Crystal Healing: Music and Images to Restore Your Well-Being

“While there is no one who hasn't an evil bone in their body, there is also no one who is totally evil to the core. the fact that someone harbors opposing emotions simply makes them human.” 9 likes
“Air sungai tetap murni karena dia bergerak. Bila terperangkap, air akan mati. Karena itu, air harus selalu beredar. Jadi, bila emosi Anda mengalir ke seluruh tubuh, Anda merasakan perasaan gembira dan Anda bergerak menuju sehat secara fisik.
Bergerak, berubah, mengalir - inilah sebenarnya hidup.”
1 likes