No One Wants You: A True Story of a Child Forced into Prostitution

No One Wants You: A True Story of a Child Forced into Prostitution

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Given away by her mother at five months old, raped on the day of her first communion at age seven - when Celine Roberts was told 'No one wants you', she believed it.

Illegitimate and unwanted, Celine was forced by her foster mother into prostitution. Her bones were broken, her nose was crushed and she ate candle wax to stay alive.

Celine was finally rescued and sent to an in...more
Published July 24th 2012 by Ebury Press (first published October 9th 2006)

Pure
WOW I cannot belieave that this little girl was made to endure all the things she had to go through, this is a very sad story that will grip the heart of its readers so compelling and very shocking at times but I am happy she was able to regain some diginity later on in adulthood. Life can be so unfair sometimes .
Samig
Could not put this book down! The empathy I had for Celine was nothing like I've ever had come from a book.

I admire her!
*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•*
After reading this book I look at my own life as a walk in the park. Throughout this entire book one question kept popping into my head, how much pain and suffering can one human heart endure?
This book makes me so angry. As a mother I can't imagine anything more important than ones children. I'll never understand how a mother could close her heart to her own child.
This book is a testament to human courage and strength.
Jayne Wagner
What a heart gripping true story..

I felt so bad for this poor woman, having to endure so much horrible, heartbreaking things in her life..

Made me realise that my problems in life are absolutely nothing compared to this lady..
Marion  chelsea jones
I have just finished reading No One Wants You, Some bits made me laugh, and a lot made me cry. well done i would recomend youre book to anyone. x x thanx for a fantastic read. yours marion jones from Eltham London. x
Isabel
I wanted to give two stars rating, but this book is just not ok. I did not like it. I couldn't enjoy it from the very beginning of this book. When I reached page 156, I stopped for a bit to take a leap and read the last chapter. Then I decided to stop reading. I felt like I was wasting my time. I thought even if I can't enjoy it, at least it would be worth reading. But I was wrong. I was misled by the title "No One Wants You" and subtitle "A true story of a child forced into prostitution". Maybe...more
Talya
I felt so bad for this poor woman. I am glad she was able to overcome it all and become a nurse, mother, and a writer.
Not written very well, but an amazing story of overcoming a horrifying childhood. Celine Roberts is truly a woman of strength.
Trish Murray
this was such a sad story wat a strong women
Helen
Cannot describe the feelings I felt for this poor woman! I truly wish that it was a made up story, that actually she grew up happy with friends and what most people take for granted... A family!
I admire her for telling her story and for getting on with her life even when she was told the impossible wouldn't happen, it did! She had two children and an education that she achieved herself!
This book was so well written I really did not want to put it down! This is a story that will probably stick wi...more
Teresa
It offers a new view for me into something - child prostitution. Good details at the beginning, however as she moves on with her life, the details became lesser and it doesn't make me feel like I'm a part of her life anymore. It feels like she's 'blogging' rather than writing about her life & recounting it to us. I don't feel the same intensity of emotions anymore too. That's a pity for the book, because it went up, and came down like a curve.
Sherry
Mar 04, 2010 Sherry rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: maybe
Poor Girl. Her Foster Mother should have been shot for the treatment she gave her. And her Real Mother should have been shot to for treating her the way she did and the way she lied to everyone. It's amazing Celine can out alive.
Favour
Very sad story.
It is terrible what she has been through. Sexually abused on her first holy communion. It really got to me because it was true story. But I am happy for her at the end she persevered and became someone.
Annemariemcbrearty
This is so sad this poor woman has been through so much very good and inspiring read
Sandra
Jan 15, 2009 Sandra marked it as to-read
"Forced into Prostitution"!!!!!!!!!?????
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Adeline Lim
Adeline Lim marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Jannette Alvarado
Jannette Alvarado marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Jacqueline Kapp-anderson
Jacqueline Kapp-anderson marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014