Start by marking “My Baby and Me” as Want to Read:
My Baby and Me

My Baby and Me

A NATURAL FOLLOW-UP to parent-baby bonding seen in You and Me, Baby!, Lynn Reiser and Penny Gentieu’s new concept book focuses on sibling bonding of the two-to-four year old with the new baby in the family. Told in the voice of the “big” brother or sister, close-up photos show the two siblings together doing what each does best, such as drinking from bottle versus from a c ...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about My Baby and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Baby and Me

David
Mar 17, 2012 David rated it really liked it
My Baby And Me by Lynn Reiser, photographed by Penny Gentieu is a book featuring babies that helps preschool siblings feel special & important as it promotes a loving relationship.

Gentieu's close-up photographs clearly portray the loving relationship between babies and their older siblings. My favorite two images are the smiling picture, and the hugging picture.

This is a wonderful photo essay, connected in rhyme, about the skills of preschoolers and their love for the baby in their family.
Mary Ann
Toddlers and babies are fascinated by photographs of other children. My Baby and Me celebrates the fun that young brothers and sisters can have together. Each spread features a photograph of a baby playing, crawling or reading with his or her older sibling. The photographs are bright and engaging, featuring four different pairs of siblings. Reiser’s rhyming text clearly speaks from the older child’s perspective. All together, this book is perfect both for older siblings wanting to show babies ho ...more
Cassie
Ages birth-4. Babies love to look at other babies, and these large clear images of babies helps them focus on the page. This book is great because it can appeal to a wide range of age groups. Babies will love to look at the images of the other babies. Toddlers and preschoolers with siblings can relate to the actions in the pictures and the words.
Tara
Oct 09, 2012 Tara rated it liked it
I borrowed this book because my little guy was enjoying looking at pictures of other babies. It's a nice book showing what babies do and similar things older children do (baby drops something older child picks it up, etc.). It would be better if the pictures showed more faces looking towards the reader.
Katie
Aug 08, 2008 Katie rated it really liked it
Ages 0-5. Welcoming a new baby is an exciting time for families, and this book celebrates the sibling bond. Told in the voice of the big sister or big brother, this sweet and simple book uses close-up photographs to illustrate the special things siblings do together—a great way to introduce a new baby to books, while also making an older sibling feel special
Carol
Feb 25, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
I love the activities and personal connections encouraged in this book. I've ordered more Reiser books from the library; she looks like an author worth paying attention to. While I loved it, my daughter, a new mom, didn't, otherwise I'd give it 5 stars.
Beth
Jun 29, 2009 Beth rated it liked it
Shelves: borntoread, c-family
Fun, simple book with photographs of babies, each with an older preschool sibling telling what baby can do and showing off what he/she can do.

Large format with enjoyable pictures of children of various ages and ethnicities makes this good for infant/toddler storytimes.
Megan
Mar 16, 2011 Megan rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book, and so do the little ones I have read it to. Kids love looking at pictures of babies and other kids. When I read it to the preschoolers, they loved talking about how they are big kids now.
Sally
Jul 01, 2008 Sally rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Fabulous cute book with wonderfully colorful photographs of babies and older sibs.
Elaina
Jun 16, 2009 Elaina rated it liked it
Shelves: library
My one-year old enjoyed the bright photography of children and baby's faces.
Marisa
Jan 02, 2010 Marisa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-shelf
A really cute book with great pictures. It shows siblings together doing the things that they each do.
Marisa
Jul 11, 2008 Marisa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Katie, if you're still thinking about doing a sibling storytime
Shelves: picture-books
Totally adorable book with pictures of big sibs and their babies doing various stuff. Just plain cute.
Ruth
Jun 24, 2008 Ruth rated it really liked it
Wonderful photos. Captures the loving relationship of toddlers and babies.
Becky
Jan 31, 2009 Becky rated it really liked it
Great pictures! Nice comparison of what older siblings can do versus younger siblings. I liked the ending which included something both siblings could do together.
Tina Bartholoma
"Babies, photos"
Katie
Jul 12, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Katie by: Marisa
This is adorable! Faith loves books with "real" pictures, so I'm definitely taking this home to show her:)
Alicia
Mar 31, 2012 Alicia rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Great for young children, especially those with (new) siblings.
Lynn
Sep 13, 2008 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Great picture book for siblings. Love the photographs.
Tricia
Jun 20, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it
Simple text and large, bright photographs show relationship between an older sibling and their younger (baby) sibling.
Therese
Oct 19, 2012 Therese added it
Shelves: baby-storytime
I plan to use this for our library's first baby storytime
Amy
Jun 30, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
This book is about babies and their older siblings. It's things that babies can do.

Used with Baby & Me program about movement
Erin Snyder
Apr 03, 2014 Erin Snyder rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great for toddlers who can't talk yet.

the colorful pictures of toddlers and siblings were great for my one year old. The short sentences kept her attention.
Ghislaine
Ghislaine rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Amanda Martinez Kirby
Amanda Martinez Kirby rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2011
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2008
Gwen
Gwen rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2009
Isaac
Isaac rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Sarah BT
Sarah BT rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2011
Jc
Jc rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »