My Baby and Me

My Baby and Me

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  22 reviews
A NATURAL FOLLOW-UP to parent-baby bonding seen in You and Me, Baby!, Lynn Reiser and Penny Gentieu’s new concept book focuses on sibling bonding of the two-to-four year old with the new baby in the family. Told in the voice of the “big” brother or sister, close-up photos show the two siblings together doing what each does best, such as drinking from bottle versus from a c...more
Published May 13th 2008 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

David
My Baby And Me by Lynn Reiser, photographed by Penny Gentieu is a book featuring babies that helps preschool siblings feel special & important as it promotes a loving relationship.

Gentieu's close-up photographs clearly portray the loving relationship between babies and their older siblings. My favorite two images are the smiling picture, and the hugging picture.

This is a wonderful photo essay, connected in rhyme, about the skills of preschoolers and their love for the baby in their family....more
Erin Snyder
Great for toddlers who can't talk yet.

the colorful pictures of toddlers and siblings were great for my one year old. The short sentences kept her attention.
Mary Ann
Toddlers and babies are fascinated by photographs of other children. My Baby and Me celebrates the fun that young brothers and sisters can have together. Each spread features a photograph of a baby playing, crawling or reading with his or her older sibling. The photographs are bright and engaging, featuring four different pairs of siblings. Reiser’s rhyming text clearly speaks from the older child’s perspective. All together, this book is perfect both for older siblings wanting to show babies ho...more
Katie
Ages 0-5. Welcoming a new baby is an exciting time for families, and this book celebrates the sibling bond. Told in the voice of the big sister or big brother, this sweet and simple book uses close-up photographs to illustrate the special things siblings do together—a great way to introduce a new baby to books, while also making an older sibling feel special
Cassie
Ages birth-4. Babies love to look at other babies, and these large clear images of babies helps them focus on the page. This book is great because it can appeal to a wide range of age groups. Babies will love to look at the images of the other babies. Toddlers and preschoolers with siblings can relate to the actions in the pictures and the words.
Tara
I borrowed this book because my little guy was enjoying looking at pictures of other babies. It's a nice book showing what babies do and similar things older children do (baby drops something older child picks it up, etc.). It would be better if the pictures showed more faces looking towards the reader.
Beth Chandler
Fun, simple book with photographs of babies, each with an older preschool sibling telling what baby can do and showing off what he/she can do.

Large format with enjoyable pictures of children of various ages and ethnicities makes this good for infant/toddler storytimes.
Carol
I love the activities and personal connections encouraged in this book. I've ordered more Reiser books from the library; she looks like an author worth paying attention to. While I loved it, my daughter, a new mom, didn't, otherwise I'd give it 5 stars.
Megan
I LOVE this book, and so do the little ones I have read it to. Kids love looking at pictures of babies and other kids. When I read it to the preschoolers, they loved talking about how they are big kids now.
Becky
Great pictures! Nice comparison of what older siblings can do versus younger siblings. I liked the ending which included something both siblings could do together.
Amy
This book is about babies and their older siblings. It's things that babies can do.

Used with Baby & Me program about movement
Tricia
Simple text and large, bright photographs show relationship between an older sibling and their younger (baby) sibling.
Marisa
A really cute book with great pictures. It shows siblings together doing the things that they each do.
Marisa
Jul 11, 2008 Marisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Katie, if you're still thinking about doing a sibling storytime
Shelves: picture-books
Totally adorable book with pictures of big sibs and their babies doing various stuff. Just plain cute.
Katie
Jul 13, 2008 Katie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Katie by: Marisa
This is adorable! Faith loves books with "real" pictures, so I'm definitely taking this home to show her:)
Sally
Fabulous cute book with wonderfully colorful photographs of babies and older sibs.
Elaina
My one-year old enjoyed the bright photography of children and baby's faces.
Ruth
Wonderful photos. Captures the loving relationship of toddlers and babies.
Alicia
Great for young children, especially those with (new) siblings.
Therese
Oct 19, 2012 Therese added it
Shelves: baby-storytime
I plan to use this for our library's first baby storytime
Lynn
Great picture book for siblings. Love the photographs.
Tina
Dec 10, 2009 Tina added it
"Babies, photos"
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Kereen Ritchie
Kereen Ritchie marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Alecia
Alecia added it
Mar 27, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Melissa Hayes
Melissa Hayes marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Hardworking Puppies Margaret and Margarita/Margarita y Margaret You and Me, Baby Ten Puppies Tortillas and Lullabies/Tortillas y cancioncitas