Start by marking “My Dad's a Punk: 12 Stories About Boys and Their Fathers” as Want to Read:
My Dad's a Punk: 12 Stories About Boys and Their Fathers

My Dad's a Punk: 12 Stories About Boys and Their Fathers

This superb collection of original stories by twelve contemporary male writersexplores the relationship between fathers and sons with thoughtfulness, comedy, and wisdom. There are stories about a boy who wants a different father and others with fathers who are demanding, loving, and absent. There is even a digital father from the future. This unique collection will give bo ...more
Published May 10th 2006 by Kingfisher (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about My Dad's a Punk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dad's a Punk

Jimmyly Cricket
Mar 23, 2017 Jimmyly Cricket rated it really liked it
Not much some are entertaining and some has a depressing twist to it
John Bibera
Apr 20, 2016 John Bibera rated it it was ok
1) What dates did you read the novel? November 2014 January 2015
2) What do you believe the theme of the novel is and why is it important? It’s a science fiction, a few sports, and mystery.
3) Give me a quote from the novel and the significance of the quote.
“I was doomed to have a stepfather with the intelligence of a fruit roll-up” shows how educated his father is and you can tell a lot by this quote on what the book is about if you use your imagination.
4) Would you recommend the novel to othe
Carrie
Your basic collection of short stories about fathers and sons, which means most of them were about sons who want to spend more time with their fathers, and they had a nice collection of quirky dads, but really, only a couple good stories. The best one was set in the future, where the son planted an illegal device in his dad's jacket so he'd be stopped a security checkpoint and sent back, and they'd be able to spend more time together. Only it turns out they don't send people back from the checkp ...more
Quang
Aug 23, 2010 Quang rated it really liked it
So far, I think this is the only the book that I read WITH my dad, since after i let him read a few pages of the book, he decided to read it with me, but at the end, I end up finishing the book and he keeps on reading part of it like 10 times, since he think the author of that short story is a kid just like me, living the same life, have the same kinds of parents (strict mom, chill dad). Me and my dad really had fun when we talked about this book!
Megan Anderson
Nov 16, 2009 Megan Anderson rated it it was amazing
A really great little collection of short stories for boys. Some of the stories were a little "meh...," but most of them were brilliant. My favorite was "Workhunter," though only by a little since the rest were great. Highly recommended not only for boys, but for reluctant readers because of the length.

5/5 on here, 10/10 for myself
Lucian Arana
Apr 24, 2010 Lucian Arana rated it really liked it
The book My Dads A Punk is a really great book. This is because it has many great stories some better than others. My favorite one is
My Dads a Punk. It is about a boy who gets tired of his rockstar Dad. Then he realizes how much he loves his Dad and he wants him back.
Matt Blair
Nov 30, 2014 Matt Blair rated it really liked it
Shelves: 15-e-dadism
A terrific collection of short fiction on the theme of "dads as viewed by sons". Heavy at times, laugh-out-loud at others, and humbling/inspiring throughout. Some stories are inevitably stronger than others, but there's a lot for every son to empathize with, and every father to learn from.
SaintAnn's
Joseph Wallace is a contributor.
Nancy
Sep 05, 2007 Nancy rated it liked it
short stories about relationships between sons and dads...good recommendation for teen boys.
Andy Song
Oct 23, 2012 Andy Song rated it really liked it
I think that My Dad's a Punk is a great book about teens with there dads and having fun at the end of the story when the teens started to know how their dad's can be cool in any way.
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2007
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Willow
Willow rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2013
Nickolas Knipfel
Nickolas Knipfel rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Adedayo
Adedayo rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2007
Vivian Le
Vivian Le rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2011
Leo
Leo rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2015
David Elias
David Elias rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2016
Scott Murphy
Scott Murphy rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2012
zeknir
zeknir rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Trish
Trish rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2015
Zack Gold
Zack Gold rated it liked it
May 30, 2013
Coleen Black
Coleen Black rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2010
Steven Tector
Steven Tector rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2007
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Giuseppe Rossi
Giuseppe Rossi rated it it was ok
Dec 07, 2013
Sheri
Sheri rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2008
Josianne Fitzgerald
Josianne Fitzgerald rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Leo Lin
Leo Lin rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015
TONY BRADMAN graduated from Cambridge University and worked in journalism for many years as an editor and reviewer. Now a full-time author, he has produced several successful anthologies for young readers for Random House Children's Books, including three focusing exclusively on football: the FOOTBALL FEVER titles.
More about Tony Bradman...