Start by marking “Second Chance (Drama High, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance (Drama High, #2)

Second Chance (Drama High #2)

4.57  ·  Rating Details ·  1,939 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
Back for another dose of high drama, Compton's sassiest, Jayd Jackson, is about to discover it really is a different world when she starts dating South Bay High's finest white boy. . .
All Jayd Jackson wants is a drama-free year at South Bay High, a.k.a. Drama High. But it doesn't seem she's going to get it. It's only the second week of Junior year and already, Misty, her
Published December 1st 2006 by Dafina Books (first published January 1st 2006)

Allison, Kawalec.
I chose to read this book cus, I had already read the first drama high book and I wanted to see what happends next.
This book is about a girl named Jayd Jackson, who wants nothing more then a drama-free year at South Bay High, a.k.a. Drama High. But it doesn't seem she's going to get it. It's only the second week of school and already, Misty, her enemy, has almost gotten her beat up or maybe even killed after instigating a fight between Jayd and KJ's girlfriend, Trecee. But, that’s nothing new Mi
Yun Mei
Jan 09, 2012 Yun Mei rated it really liked it
Monday, December 19, 2011
Pages 1-50

KJ, Jayd's ex boyfriend keeps creating drama in her life and he want her back but Jayd has a new man. He is a white boy, Jeremy Weiner. KJ doesn't like the fact that she is dating a white boy. KJ keeps thinking that they will get back together.

The character, KJ, is too much because he keeps trying to get Jayd back but she doesn't want him. If I were Jayd, I would ignore KJ too because he cheated on her. I learned while reading that some guy are jerks and they w
Lashan Hits
Dec 10, 2010 Lashan Hits rated it really liked it
I loved the book Drama High Second chance because i can really relate to it. If you are a high school student it shouldn't be hard to relate to it. The author opened the book with the ending of the first one because Drama High is a series of books. the books goes through high school life with the main character Jayde. Jayde is a Junior that attends South Bay high. All Jayde wants is a drama free school year, but wth her enemy going there it won't happen. Jayde gets into a fight with this girl na ...more
Generra Garris
My favorite part of the book is when Jayd starts to date Jeremy. Because I feel that they make a very nice couple. Also my favorite part of the book is when misty starts to hate on Jayd's relationship with Jeremy. I recommend this book to people who like to read about drama and can relate to drama.

Creative response..

Jayd i think that you are a very smart and pretty girl. I think the way you solved your situations in the book was mature. But why did all of your friends try and break you and jerem
Sep 01, 2009 Nailah rated it really liked it
Drama high: Second Chance, the next installment to Drama High: The Fight is back again with Jayd Jackson. After a rough start off to her first week as a junior in South Bay High, Jayd has already been in the middle of some frama, unvoluntarily. Her ex-boyfriend, by his will, not hers, has been trying to get back with her after seeing how crazy Trecee - the girl who he dumped Jayd for - was. But Jayd doesn't want to hear any of it because he's all into the drama which she tries her hardest to av ...more
KJ, Madame Librarian
I'm really impressed by how L. Divine handles ALL the issues (interracial dating, Compton vs. South Bay, feminism vs. womanism, and trying to explain black hair to white people) with an intersectional deftness that would impress bell hooks.

Also, there's kissing.
This book is about Jayd and how her and K.J broke up an how he wants another chance. And she finds this boy named Jeremy. ...more
Naomi Tolbert
Mar 20, 2009 Naomi Tolbert rated it it was amazing
This book was great, no matter what you do you are going to have haters.
Sep 30, 2016 Bless rated it it was amazing
Very very very good book! Wonderful job again Mrs. Divine! KJ finally gave up and Jeremy and Jayd are onto a new chapter in their history! I can't wait to read Jayd's Legacy
Sep 14, 2016 Nyshagriffiths rated it it was amazing
This book is not only interesting but, visually gripping. When i first started with this book, I couldn't put it down. I would read from when i got home to when i had to sleep, and some days more that that. It's one of those books were the author has made the book more like a movie than a book and that's why i put 5 starts.
Jun 10, 2010 Nyasa rated it it was amazing
Second Chance is the second book to the Drama High series. After the crazy first week of school Jayd had with almost getting into a fight with her ex boyfriends crazy girlfriend Trecee. Things are just starting to get on track shes dating Jeremy and has KJ her ex boyfriend on her back trying to get back togethor with her.
I think this is a text to text because in another Drama High book called Cold As Ice which recently came out Jayds other ex from when she was younger Raheem is jealous of her
Dec 08, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Second Chance is about Jayd. Jayd is a black girl who goes to a school with a lot of white snooty rich kids. In this school there is a lot of drama. I don't really know where the setting takes place well I mean I know where Jayd is at time to time. Her Internal conflict is weather she should stay with Jeremy her new boy, or go back to KJ her pervious one. Her external conflict is if she should tell KJ that she has moved on and he should deal with it or go back to him.
When I was reading this boo
tiffany ben
Jul 19, 2011 tiffany ben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I was reading this boo
Dec 07, 2009 Jocey rated it it was ok
Second Chance is a book about a girl named Jayd Jackson. The book takes place at South Bay High. Jayd lives with her grandmother and her mother. She is a girl who is no like all the others. Her main internal struggle is that she is caught between two buys. Her main external struggle is that nobody approves of her being with Jeremy.

During my time reading this book I made a text-to-text connection. There was a part in the book where Jayd's friends didn't agree with Jeremy. That reminded me of th
Ashley V.
Apr 02, 2008 Ashley V. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who loves drama!!
This book is also very instresting you have to read the 1st book to understand the 2nd and believe me once you start reading your not going to want to stop!
My favorite part in this book is when kj is tryin so hard to get back with Jayd after he broke her heart and she moved on.
What i didnt like about this book is Misty she gets on my nerves because she loves to insteigate...but i mean this is a drama book...but she be messing up the moments you be looking foward to in the book....
I think the 1st
Autumn Jeanine
Jun 05, 2011 Autumn Jeanine rated it it was amazing
In "Second Chance" it is about how Jayd is in her junior year and hope

that that everything is drama free. Jayd is dating a whiteboy name KJ

but Misty is messing up their relationship with the Drama with KJ ex-

girlfriend Tracee. Jayd leaves KJ and go out with a nother white boy

name Jeremy who treats Jayd nice. KJ blows up Jayd phone with his

calls and text message , but Jayd just ignore him and don't pay him

attention. I would rate this book as a five because it talks about how

Jayd life is no
Dec 23, 2009 Kathy rated it really liked it
Second Chance is Jayd. Jayd is a normal girl who goes south bay high. Jayd has a big internal problem if she go out with her ex boyfriend or her new lover jermey.Her friends also have a problem with her new boyfriend jermy.

I can make a text-totext because it reminds me of a book I had read I had read. Jayd liked someone one but people didn't approve of him. In the book I had read the character was gay but couldn't tell his family.

I gave this book 4 stars. I gave it 4 stars because It was real
Jun 29, 2010 Gacherigaitu rated it it was amazing
this is a great book. miss Jady is well able to handle all the drama in south bay. mostly all drama come from 'misty' that little spoiled brot. she freaks me out. what i like most about Jayd jackson is that she does not listen to people's opinoin about her new love with jeremy weiner. what happens if a guy leaves u for another girl? from experience, it hurt. its painful. then there he comes to ask for forgiveness. if i was to advice him i would tell him "if there is one dangerous thing, it is wh ...more
Naomi Oyegue
Apr 01, 2014 Naomi Oyegue rated it it was amazing
This book is really an inspiration to all of the girls in Middle and High school. i say this because this book explains that you could do whatever you set your mind to whether its good or whether it is bad its your decision and never let anybodies comment affect you and the way you live your life. Haters gonna hate. Also never tell let a boy tell when or when not to lose your vagina. It really showed me that there is more to life than just friends, boyfriends,and family, there is struggle
Jasmine Price
Feb 01, 2012 Jasmine Price rated it did not like it
I had this book for a couple of days and I am not able to put this book down. This book always has something new poping up in each chapter. Something that you will never know that is coming up. The first one i read it leaves you hanging so like you have to keep reading on. Also, i love the way how each charater has there own part in the book, like no one is forgettable.If you see this book in the store i really recommend.
Marlon Anderson
Apr 11, 2011 Marlon Anderson rated it it was amazing
This book is a good drama. It shows how people can say things behind your back but never to your face.A girl, name jayd who gets talk about sometimes because of her hair, overcomes all of this by her method "stand tall fall hard.

She then gets over it and learns that its about what she thinks not what others think. So she meets a new guy that isnt her average type that she dates. Everything goes good until her old flame comes back to her.
Mar 24, 2008 Deshuna8f rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who loves drama books
Drama high the second chance is mostly about a girl named jade is having a problem with school. It seems that every one is getting on her nerves. She finds herself getting a new boyfriend but something always comes up when shes having a happy day. If you wanna read this book your looking for a joy ride
Emani Jones
Another Realistic book, similar to the book " Imani in young love and deception." It's mainly drama, with males and females. It goes into friendships and relationships. There is physical parts in this book too. If you enjoy reading realistic fiction books, that contain drama you should really read this book.
Feb 14, 2011 Alexis rated it it was amazing
I really like this book because it has all that high school drama stuff and i am really into those kind of books. This book is about when she likes this white boy and they end up dateing eachother and her x boyfriend kj tries to get her back but she doesnt want him, so when jeremy and her went the mall for there three week anaversy kj and jeremey get in a fight .
Felicia Polk
May 03, 2011 Felicia Polk rated it it was amazing
This book is second in the DRAMA HIGh siries. I really enjoyed this book. I normally don't like to read, but this book really grabed my attentiopn and it got me hooked. This book is basically waht it says. Theres drama all up and throught the classroom. And the main character Jayd is choosing wheather or not to give her X boyfriend a second chance or to move on.
Apr 28, 2015 Klelly rated it really liked it
Even better than the first one. I zipped through this. She has to face a bad teacher who teaches racism and has it out for Jayd, a clingy, over confident ex KJ, an old friend Misty brewing up trouble, a new romance with a white guy Jeremy who is mega rich, and just in general, drama high has a lot of cliques so thats always something. Jayd won't ever join one exclusively.
*~ MiSs miiA  ~*
Dec 15, 2009 *~ MiSs miiA ~* is currently reading it
so far this book is really good and it has lot of DRAMA but i really want to get this book over with idk why but i just do...i will let you know what happeneds with jayde and jeremy and her high school drama!
Sep 28, 2012 Aniya rated it it was amazing
I think this a very good book for teenagers. It is very interetsing and can teach young teenagers about things that can happen in life. I have read The Fight and now I am reading Second Chance. I would like to read all of the books, they are very interesting to me.
Mar 13, 2009 Cinthya rated it it was amazing
i enjoy this book because it is to the series to the first book that i read. it also is keeping update with the same character, the character doesnt change unless another person is added and that is what i like about this author.
Nov 01, 2014 Ashlee rated it it was amazing
I have read all the book and i like them all but i wish jayd would learn how to stay away from negative people the characters in the books are amazing so yeah i see the author knows what she is doing. I would recommend all the books to readers who likes drama in books.
second chance 4 13 Aug 13, 2012 11:05AM
  • Fast Life
  • Fast Forward (Kenisha Lewis, #2)
  • Shortie Like Mine  (Shortie Like Mine #1)
  • If I Were Your Boyfriend (Keysha, #2)
  • Trouble Follows (Indigo Summer #2)
  • Gettin' Hooked
  • The Pledge
  • Hotlanta (Hotlanta, #1)
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
  • Candy Girl
  • 16 on the Block
  • Hot Girl
  • Hallway Diaries: How to Be Down/Double ACT/The Summer She Learned to Dance How to Be Down/Double ACT/The Summer She Learned to Dance
  • Shrink to Fit
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California, has lived in Jamaica and currently resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA.
More about L. Divine...

Drama High (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)

“don't mistake my calm for forgiveness because there's none where you're concerned.” 0 likes