Start by marking “Second Chance (Drama High, #2)” as Want to Read:
Second Chance (Drama High, #2)

Second Chance (Drama High #2)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  1,684 ratings  ·  99 reviews
Picking up where Drama High: The Fight left off, Second Chance is the second in this lively, fun new series. While Jayd Jackson may have dodged the kind of drama that ends in broken bones, she may not be so lucky in the kind that ends in broken hearts. Jayd's new boyfriend Jeremy is not only cute, smart and funny--he's white, rich, Jewish, and unlike anything she's ever kn ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Dafina Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Allison, Kawalec.
I chose to read this book cus, I had already read the first drama high book and I wanted to see what happends next.
This book is about a girl named Jayd Jackson, who wants nothing more then a drama-free year at South Bay High, a.k.a. Drama High. But it doesn't seem she's going to get it. It's only the second week of school and already, Misty, her enemy, has almost gotten her beat up or maybe even killed after instigating a fight between Jayd and KJ's girlfriend, Trecee. But, that’s nothing new Mi
Lashan Hits
I loved the book Drama High Second chance because i can really relate to it. If you are a high school student it shouldn't be hard to relate to it. The author opened the book with the ending of the first one because Drama High is a series of books. the books goes through high school life with the main character Jayde. Jayde is a Junior that attends South Bay high. All Jayde wants is a drama free school year, but wth her enemy going there it won't happen. Jayde gets into a fight with this girl na ...more
Generra Garris
My favorite part of the book is when Jayd starts to date Jeremy. Because I feel that they make a very nice couple. Also my favorite part of the book is when misty starts to hate on Jayd's relationship with Jeremy. I recommend this book to people who like to read about drama and can relate to drama.

Creative response..

Jayd i think that you are a very smart and pretty girl. I think the way you solved your situations in the book was mature. But why did all of your friends try and break you and jerem
Yun Mei
Monday, December 19, 2011
Pages 1-50

KJ, Jayd's ex boyfriend keeps creating drama in her life and he want her back but Jayd has a new man. He is a white boy, Jeremy Weiner. KJ doesn't like the fact that she is dating a white boy. KJ keeps thinking that they will get back together.

The character, KJ, is too much because he keeps trying to get Jayd back but she doesn't want him. If I were Jayd, I would ignore KJ too because he cheated on her. I learned while reading that some guy are jerks and they w
Nailah
Drama high: Second Chance, the next installment to Drama High: The Fight is back again with Jayd Jackson. After a rough start off to her first week as a junior in South Bay High, Jayd has already been in the middle of some frama, unvoluntarily. Her ex-boyfriend, by his will, not hers, has been trying to get back with her after seeing how crazy Trecee - the girl who he dumped Jayd for - was. But Jayd doesn't want to hear any of it because he's all into the drama which she tries her hardest to av ...more
KJ, Madame Librarian
I'm really impressed by how L. Divine handles ALL the issues (interracial dating, Compton vs. South Bay, feminism vs. womanism, and trying to explain black hair to white people) with an intersectional deftness that would impress bell hooks.

Also, there's kissing.
FOREVERR* theee KING-M.J
This book is about Jayd and how her and K.J broke up an how he wants another chance. And she finds this boy named Jeremy. ...more
Naomi Tolbert
This book was great, no matter what you do you are going to have haters.
tiffany ben
Second Chance is about Jayd. Jayd is a black girl who goes to a school with a lot of white snooty rich kids. In this school there is a lot of drama. I don't really know where the setting takes place well I mean I know where Jayd is at time to time. Her Internal conflict is weather she should stay with Jeremy her new boy, or go back to KJ her pervious one. Her external conflict is if she should tell KJ that she has moved on and he should deal with it or go back to him.
When I was reading this boo
Lisa
When I was reading this boo
Jocey
Second Chance is a book about a girl named Jayd Jackson. The book takes place at South Bay High. Jayd lives with her grandmother and her mother. She is a girl who is no like all the others. Her main internal struggle is that she is caught between two buys. Her main external struggle is that nobody approves of her being with Jeremy.

During my time reading this book I made a text-to-text connection. There was a part in the book where Jayd's friends didn't agree with Jeremy. That reminded me of th
Nyasa
Second Chance is the second book to the Drama High series. After the crazy first week of school Jayd had with almost getting into a fight with her ex boyfriends crazy girlfriend Trecee. Things are just starting to get on track shes dating Jeremy and has KJ her ex boyfriend on her back trying to get back togethor with her.
I think this is a text to text because in another Drama High book called Cold As Ice which recently came out Jayds other ex from when she was younger Raheem is jealous of her
Naomi Oyegue
This book is really an inspiration to all of the girls in Middle and High school. i say this because this book explains that you could do whatever you set your mind to whether its good or whether it is bad its your decision and never let anybodies comment affect you and the way you live your life. Haters gonna hate. Also never tell let a boy tell when or when not to lose your vagina. It really showed me that there is more to life than just friends, boyfriends,and family, there is struggle
Ashley V.
Apr 02, 2008 Ashley V. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who loves drama!!
This book is also very instresting you have to read the 1st book to understand the 2nd and believe me once you start reading your not going to want to stop!
My favorite part in this book is when kj is tryin so hard to get back with Jayd after he broke her heart and she moved on.
What i didnt like about this book is Misty she gets on my nerves because she loves to insteigate...but i mean this is a drama book...but she be messing up the moments you be looking foward to in the book....
I think the 1st
Ashlee
I have read all the book and i like them all but i wish jayd would learn how to stay away from negative people the characters in the books are amazing so yeah i see the author knows what she is doing. I would recommend all the books to readers who likes drama in books.
Kiki Broadway
Mar 03, 2014 Kiki Broadway marked it as to-read
i love this book, im trying to find the whole collection of L. Divine books because they're just too interesting when iread this book I couldn't put it down that's how good it was
Chayanne Santiago
I think this is a really great book . I am also a teenager so I can compeletly comprehend what this book is about
Lizmary Marquez
i think this book was awesome becuase its shows the chracters feelings and also it is funny . i think it is also good to read because it is about drm . it has some sad moments and some happy moments . i really liked it because it sometimes gave u some tips in some topics
Alexes Foster
I think that all the drama high books are great and they tell you about real life things that go on .
Kathy
Second Chance is Jayd. Jayd is a normal girl who goes south bay high. Jayd has a big internal problem if she go out with her ex boyfriend or her new lover jermey.Her friends also have a problem with her new boyfriend jermy.

I can make a text-totext because it reminds me of a book I had read I had read. Jayd liked someone one but people didn't approve of him. In the book I had read the character was gay but couldn't tell his family.

I gave this book 4 stars. I gave it 4 stars because It was real
Autumn Jeanine
In "Second Chance" it is about how Jayd is in her junior year and hope

that that everything is drama free. Jayd is dating a whiteboy name KJ

but Misty is messing up their relationship with the Drama with KJ ex-

girlfriend Tracee. Jayd leaves KJ and go out with a nother white boy

name Jeremy who treats Jayd nice. KJ blows up Jayd phone with his

calls and text message , but Jayd just ignore him and don't pay him

attention. I would rate this book as a five because it talks about how

Jayd life is no
Gacherigaitu
this is a great book. miss Jady is well able to handle all the drama in south bay. mostly all drama come from 'misty' that little spoiled brot. she freaks me out. what i like most about Jayd jackson is that she does not listen to people's opinoin about her new love with jeremy weiner. what happens if a guy leaves u for another girl? from experience, it hurt. its painful. then there he comes to ask for forgiveness. if i was to advice him i would tell him "if there is one dangerous thing, it is wh ...more
Cian Walker
loved it
Mone J.
drama high books are the best
Marlon Anderson
This book is a good drama. It shows how people can say things behind your back but never to your face.A girl, name jayd who gets talk about sometimes because of her hair, overcomes all of this by her method "stand tall fall hard.

She then gets over it and learns that its about what she thinks not what others think. So she meets a new guy that isnt her average type that she dates. Everything goes good until her old flame comes back to her.
Jasmine Price
I had this book for a couple of days and I am not able to put this book down. This book always has something new poping up in each chapter. Something that you will never know that is coming up. The first one i read it leaves you hanging so like you have to keep reading on. Also, i love the way how each charater has there own part in the book, like no one is forgettable.If you see this book in the store i really recommend.
Kelly
Even better than the first one. I zipped through this. She has to face a bad teacher who teaches racism and has it out for Jayd, a clingy, over confident ex KJ, an old friend Misty brewing up trouble, a new romance with a white guy Jeremy who is mega rich, and just in general, drama high has a lot of cliques so thats always something. Jayd won't ever join one exclusively.
Alexis
I really like this book because it has all that high school drama stuff and i am really into those kind of books. This book is about when she likes this white boy and they end up dateing eachother and her x boyfriend kj tries to get her back but she doesnt want him, so when jeremy and her went the mall for there three week anaversy kj and jeremey get in a fight .
Felicia Polk
This book is second in the DRAMA HIGh siries. I really enjoyed this book. I normally don't like to read, but this book really grabed my attentiopn and it got me hooked. This book is basically waht it says. Theres drama all up and throught the classroom. And the main character Jayd is choosing wheather or not to give her X boyfriend a second chance or to move on.
second chance 4 12 Aug 13, 2012 11:05AM
  • Fast Life
  • Fast Forward (Kenisha Lewis, #2)
  • Shortie Like Mine
  • If I Were Your Boyfriend (Keysha, #2)
  • Indigo Summer (Indigo Summer #1)
  • Gettin' Hooked
  • The Pledge
  • Chasing Romeo (BFF Novel #1)
  • Hotlanta (Hotlanta, #1)
  • 16 on the Block
  • Hot Girl
  • Candy Girl
  • Jason & Kyra
  • Shrink To Fit
191066
L. Divine is a young female author of the young adult fiction series Drama High. She lived in Jamaica. L. Divine is also a priestess who is originally from California but she now resides with her children in Atlanta. She also holds advanced degrees in African American studies from UCLA. She currently lives in Los Angeles with her daughter and son.
More about L. Divine...

Drama High (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • The Fight (Drama High, #1)
  • Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)
  • Frenemies (Drama High, #4)
  • Lady J (Drama High, #5)
  • Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6)
  • Hustlin' (Drama High, #7)
  • Keep It Movin' (Drama High, #8)
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Culture Clash (Drama High, #10)
  • Cold as Ice (Drama High, #11)
The Fight (Drama High, #1) Hustlin' (Drama High, #7) Courtin' Jayd (Drama High,  #6) Frenemies (Drama High, #4) Jayd's Legacy (Drama High, #3)