Start by marking “The Perfect Kill” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Kill

The Perfect Kill (Creasy #2)

In Man on Fire, A. J. Quinnell introduced Creasy, veteran and mercenary. In The Perfect Kill, Creasy returns.

Three days before Christmas in 1988, a bomb blew Pan Am 103 out of the sky over the small Scottish town of Lockerbie, killing all passengers and crew.

The wife and four-year-old daughter of Creasy were amongst the passengers. Seeking his personal vengeance, Creasy fi
Published July 1st 1996 by Orion (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Kill

George Lichman
Jan 02, 2013 George Lichman rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I was introduced to AJ Quinnell books after reading Man on Fire when it was re-released at the same time the movie featuring Denzel Washington was. As usual, the book was 100 times better than the movie, and I searched for more from Quinnell. I was disappointed to see that all his other books, four FD featuring mercenary Creasy, were out of print. Last week I was happy to discover that all of Quinnell's books are now available for Amazon Kindle.

The Perfect Kill is the second of the four Creasy
David Dalton
Nov 11, 2014 David Dalton rated it it was amazing
I was impressed. I loved the movie version of "Man on Fire" and when I found out it was based on a book, I had to read it. Loved both the movie and the book, even though they are very different. The movie captured the spirit of a worn-out, end of the line mercenary named Creasy. The Perfect Kill carries on this spirit and does it very well. A revenge book for sure, and trust me, you DO NOT want Creasy coming after you. Creasy is a very patient man.....he wants his revenge, but he takes his time, ...more
Sandi
While not quite as good as the first book featuring Creasy, Man On Fire, this was still a well written thriller with lots of action.
Gina Mora
Mar 15, 2012 Gina Mora rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2012
This book went by so fast for me that it was almost over before it began. His Creasy novels are just super-fast reads....in an awesomely, good way. You can't put them down. I loved how this one began, because I was wondering how Quinnell was going to deal with Creasy having a wife and child. I loved the characters that we really got to meet in this book. Blondie was wonderful- an aging Madame with strength and dignity. The warmth of Maxie MacDonald and the warm, aloofness of Nicole. The playboy ...more
Justin Tonna
Sep 16, 2013 Justin Tonna rated it liked it
I like A J Quinnell's books - and I really enjoyed reading Man On Fire.

Creasy returns in this story, but he's not quite the same deep character that he was in the first novel. He's something of a cardboard cut-out here, as are many of the other characters in the books. Everything seems easy, smooth, taken care of.

The plot moves along nicely, and has some good twists, although nothing that will make you say "Wow".

Even the prose just doesn't seem as good as Quinnell's other books. It sometimes
John
Aug 17, 2008 John rated it it was amazing
The second of the Creasy books by this author. This and most of the others I spent a good deal of money tracking down and having imported into the US. They were all out of print, and several of them were from library's in the UK that were 20 or more years old. Probably one of the only possesions I own that I would truly be saddened to lose.

This book continues to follow the main character "Creasy". I think again that the characters are what really drive these books. Hard to say much without ruin
David
May 23, 2013 David rated it liked it
The Perfect Kill has a great premise but doesn't meet expectations. Some parts lacked plausibility. However, the characters, particularly that of Creasy kept things moving. All in all, a well plotted, well written thriller.

Reviewed by, David Feeney, author; Terror on the high seas
Tom
May 01, 2009 Tom added it
Creasy reemerges to seek vengence for the death of his wife and daughter in Pan Am 103, but first he must create a killing team with a new son.
Quinnell doesn't disappoint with this the second in his series featuring the ex-merc.
Like other of his books, I find myself reading instead of sleeping, which ought to be a compliment in and of itself.
horseradish
Jun 09, 2015 horseradish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read but needed an editor

I really enjoyed this book but the publisher or editor didn't do their job! Some paragraphs should have been new chapters. I don't know if this was result of a lousy job of conversation to "e" media or if these were in the original.....

I plan to order some more of this series!
Keith**BookReviewing24/7**
Mar 31, 2016 Keith**BookReviewing24/7** rated it it was amazing
Events take a different route from what you'd expect as Creasy learns what we've known from Man On Fire, Pinta has awoken Creasy's emotions leaving him open to love and happiness.
Another great book about the mercenary, this time Creasy adopts a young man from an orphanage and trains him to help with a plan of revenge.
Ian Williamson
Jul 17, 2013 Ian Williamson rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book as much as the first Creasy novel. Once again nice to see some twists in the plot. I found the characters to be less well formed in this book. However a great read especially as a holiday book.
Peter Griffiths
Mar 03, 2016 Peter Griffiths rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

I was totally engrossed in this book,it kept me on the edge of my seat plenty of action. I would recommend this book to your readers
Shannon
Apr 02, 2016 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Creasy

Good book. I loved it. Can't wait to read the next one. Too bad they can't get a good movie version.
Kenny
Kenny rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2016
Jonathan Shock
Jonathan Shock rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2012
John Keeley
John Keeley rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
E. Khan Jertails
E. Khan Jertails rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Phillip Miller
Phillip Miller rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2014
Maxwellkoenig
Maxwellkoenig rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2012
Mickelo
Mickelo rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Tommy
Tommy rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2013
CK
CK rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Larissa_girl
Larissa_girl rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2009
Steven Benjamin
Steven Benjamin rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Terry Bishop
Terry Bishop rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2015
Pieterbotha
Pieterbotha rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Tony Wood
Tony Wood rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
John B
John B rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2015
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Dark Knight III: The Master Race #2
  • Dead Team Alpha
  • Ghosts (John Milton #4)
  • Bloodshot, Volume 2: The Rise and the Fall
  • Dragon Sim-13 (The Green Berets, #2)
  • Strong at the Break (Caitlin Strong, #3)
  • Reflexive Fire
  • PRIMAL Inception
  • Nightbringer
  • Nemesis (Arisen, #8.5)
  • Alpha (Jad Bell, #1)
  • Gehenna (West of Hell #1)
  • WhiteSpace: Episode 1
  • Death of Empires (Arisen #7)
  • Slaughterhouse (The Retreat #2)
  • We Stand On Guard #2
  • Rora
  • The Panama Laugh
191061
A. J. Quinnell was the pen name of Philip Nicholson, a mystery and thriller writer.
More about A.J. Quinnell...

Creasy (5 books)