Start by marking “Reclaiming Our Health” as Want to Read:
Reclaiming Our Health

Reclaiming Our Health

Although the nation spends $1 trillion each year on medical care, many in our country cannot afford the most basic coverage and the toll in human suffering from degenerative diseases continues to rise. Now, the bestselling author of Diet for a New America turns his attention to the national debate on health care, taking an epic look at the human and financial consequences ...more
Published January 1st 1996 by Hj Kramer

To ask other readers questions about Reclaiming Our Health, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaiming Our Health

Karina M. Bishop
Jan 05, 2016 Karina M. Bishop rated it it was ok
I really only liked the hospital analogy at the beginning. Way too much time spent on female reproduction.
Melissa
Jan 12, 2013 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My eyebrows went up on one claim about the result of a controlled study of "therapeutic touch." I checked the citation-- it was to an unpublished source and the researcher is discredited. So, I decided to apply the 50% rule to this book. If half of this book is on target, it's still worth considering.
Adrienne Carmichael
In my "favorites" shelf... an expose on American medicine and the AMA.
Includes the witchhunts of the AMA after midwives.
John Robbins says, Doctors will come down from their thrones when we get off our knees.
A necessary book to inform yourself what to be aware of regarding western medicine.
Lydel
Nov 08, 2009 Lydel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A "must-read" for anyone who wants to educate themselves about our medical system. You will be both appalled and uplifted--appalled at what has happened then and now; uplifted by the
alternatives that are out there. There is hope. As always, John Robbins writes with love in his heart.
Lia
Dec 19, 2008 Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While this book is somewhat on the fanatic side of things, the author has done a good job of collecting his research and making it accessible to the average reader. This book has influenced many of my friends to go for a midwife rather than an ob-gyn for their pregnancies and births.
Dayna Colvin
Apr 11, 2013 Dayna Colvin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Robbins' "Reclaiming Our Health" is a very poignant, gentle, wise, courageous eye opening account into the truth about the medical industry.
Sjoen
Oct 13, 2007 Sjoen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read expose of the follies of the current medical model. I recommend it for those who want to take responsibility for their own health.
Angeline
Feb 07, 2009 Angeline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: educational
I found a lot of thought provoking stuff in this book when I was pregnant for the first time. Thanks for giving it to me Lia!
Penny
Jul 31, 2009 Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic info on midwives, menopause, the AMA, and fighting cancer by alternative means. It's an important message.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
VGCC Libraries
VGCC Libraries marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Stephanie Trembley
Stephanie Trembley marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
ANGELA
ANGELA marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Evelina Gorski
Evelina Gorski marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Dante
Dante marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Kyleigh Rapanos-Harrison
Kyleigh Rapanos-Harrison marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Justme
Justme marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Minor Poet
Minor Poet rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Huy Phong
Huy Phong marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Maranda
Maranda marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Jason Mortenson
Jason Mortenson rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2015
Jacqueline Wilson
Jacqueline Wilson rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2015
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Sherry Beaubriand
Sherry Beaubriand rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
John Robbins is an American author, who popularized the links among nutrition, environmentalism, and animal rights. He is the author of the 1987 Diet for a New America, an exposé on connections between diet, physical health, animal cruelty, and environmentalism.

Robbins is the son of Irma Robbins and Baskin-Robbins co-founder Irv Robbins. He graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, in
More about John Robbins...