Start by marking “Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window: The Best Confessions from GroupHug.us” as Want to Read:

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  20 reviews
GroupHug (www.grouphug.us) was started as a place for people to totally anonymously post their deepest, darkest secrets. To confess them to the world. GroupHug received 13 million hits in the first three months, and is the fastest growing confession site online.
Published October 21st 2004 by Justin, Charles & Co.

Be the first to ask a question about Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window

Peacegal
2.5 stars-- If you're going to confess something, the anonymity of the Internet might be your best bet. The confessions here range from sad, to funny, to bizarre, to obviously fake (or at least I hope).

There is an overabundance of teenage angst in this collection...the kids who were bullied made me sad, and those who tried way too hard to seem "tough" or "freaky" made me roll my eyes.

One post in particular was memorable in a disturbing way. It was from a young woman racked with guilt after hav
Kalle Wescott
I read this, having met Gabriel, and also as market research in thinking about apps like Secret, Whisper, and the like.

It was a lot more engaging than I thought it would be, and had about 10 lols.

Bertha Leal
A collection of people's darkest secrets will only prove what you already suspected: we are all depraved, weird, and beautifully flawed human beings.
Chris Moss
Grouphug.us is now closed, which is good and bad. The bad is it is gone! The good, is that the site posts had been reduced to childish people insulting each other, they were using is like a chat room almost, which is not at all what it was for. Surely this book captured some of the funniest ones. I cried I laughed so hard at some of them. I wish I could find another such book.
Antisocialite
Jul 23, 2007 Antisocialite rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: voyeurs, busybodies, and nosy people like me
Ultimately, the shortcomings of this book are, as you'd expect, the same as those of the website. For every entertaining, funny, or moving confession, there are pages of repetitive ones. And, of course, admissions from anonymous narcissists (a bizarre phenomenon, but one that has become fairly common on the web).
mia
Mar 14, 2008 mia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: funny
some of these make you feel less crazy and more real? i don't know. PEOPLE ARE INSANE. and i love grouphug.us. but then again, it kind of makes you feel sorry for the human race in its entirety. these were fun to read aloud to friends over lunches and dinners.
Kim
Aug 22, 2008 Kim rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Pervs, voyers
Shelves: bookmarked
Fun to read for about 5 minutes and then it just sat on my shelf forever until I forgot about it. It's fun to open up once in awhile and read a confession but not a sustainable source of entertainment... Some of the confessions seem hokey and/or fake.
Garrett
Confession, pretty straight forward stuff. Most are most likely genuine, definitely some trolls in there though.
Christina
This was recommended from Amazon when I bought the "Found" books, so I jumped. I love the idea of the Web site from which this collection was born, but I found the decisions as to what to include sometimes trivial/childish.
Jennafhur
Basically a Post Secret without the artwork. It took me a while to pick it back up after I originally started it, but I ended up reading the majority of it in two days.
Caty
Makes you feel better about yourself by listing a whole panopoly of sins committed by the anonymous contributors to gtouphug.us.
Becky
Unbelievable. Some confessions were so bad, that I had to continue to read... they closed the website September 7...
Kira
I could not stop laughing. And I was shocked for the most part. Makes me feel better about all my sins..
Erik
This is a collection of confessions, mostly short. Great bathroom reading.
Slavi
Straight from the website, but a great washroom read.
Antoinette
Dec 03, 2008 Antoinette rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: lovers of secrets, people that feel guilty, teens, everyone!
Shelves: again-and-again
I will never again think about toothpaste the same way.
stephanie
grouphug.us is better as a website than an anthology.
Beki
Jun 26, 2008 Beki rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I'm in this book. My first published work!
Guillermo
check out top of page 77!!!!
Julie
Anonymous secrets.
Nikki Purcell
Nikki Purcell marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
april
april added it
Mar 17, 2015
Louis
Louis marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
D. Jennifer Dawson
D. Jennifer Dawson is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Riverkeepers: Two Activists Fight to Reclaim Our Environment as a Basic Human Right
  • Secrets of a Webcam Girl
  • Rediscovery of North America
  • The Weather of the Pacific Northwest
  • The Pirate's Dilemma: How Youth Culture Is Reinventing Capitalism
  • Electric Circuits
  • Father Knows Less Or: "Can I Cook My Sister?": One Dad's Quest to Answer His Son's Most Baffling Questions
  • Reflections on Violence
  • Creating Myself: How I Learned That Beauty Comes in All Shapes, Sizes, and Packages, Including Me
  • Access All Areas: A User's Guide to the Art of Urban Exploration
  • A Practical Handbook for the Boyfriend: For Every Guy Who Wants to Be One/For Every Girl Who Wants to Build One
  • One Country: A Bold Proposal to End the Israeli-Palestinian Impasse
  • Interior Desecrations: Hideous Homes from the Horrible '70s
  • More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws
  • Badass: A Relentless Onslaught of the Toughest Warlords, Vikings, Samurai, Pirates, Gunfighters, and Military Commanders to Ever Live
  • Come on People: On the Path from Victims to Victors
  • The Ecology of Freedom: The Emergence and Dissolution of Hierarchy
  • Where Are They Buried?: How Did They Die? Fitting Ends and Final Resting Places of the Famous, Infamous, and Noteworthy