Start by marking “Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 1 & 2 (Zenescope)” as Want to Read:
Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 1 & 2 (Zenescope)

Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 1 & 2 (Grimm Fairy Tales #1-2)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales has quickly become one of the most intriguing and best selling comic books in the world. By exploring a much darker side of the infamous fables you heard as a child these classic tales are retold and re-imagined with a terrifying twist you'll simply love as an adult! Includes GRIMM FAIRY TALES #1-12, GRIMM FAIRY TALES #1 2007 Annual short stor ...more
Trade Paperback - hardback, 376 pages
Published May 8th 2008 by Zenescope Entertainment (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 1 & 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grimm Fairy Tales Volume 1 & 2

Keri (JD)
It was very misogynist. None of the stories were particularly inventive, I felt like the artist had never seen an actual female body in their lives(most of the women were super muscular and busty, yet had 15 inch waists...)
Jane
First of all, the 'Grimm' in the title is not a name, but an adjective. A friend gave this to me because she knew I wanted to read Brothers Grimm Fairy Tales; she was misled in an Amazon description and got this for me. A graphic novel loosely based on Brothers Grimm's tales, the characters seem to undergo the same basic plot points, then ending either or both in bloodshed/nudity. Although predictable, this volume is hilarious. I like to keep it around just to spark conversation.
Susan
latest re-read 7/21/2012 - 8/8/2012

Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Hansel & Gretel, Rumplestiltskin, Sleeping Beauty, The Robber Bridegroom (kinda like Snow White Rose Red, to me right up til the end ☺), Snow White, Jack and the Beanstalk, Goldilocks, The Frog King (Vertigo's Fables did SUCH a better job here), Bluebeard, The Pied Piper of Hamelin (to set up for the Piper miniseries) and -- oh, yeah -- Belinda takes over storytime!
Samma
While I liked the ideas behind the collection, I thought some of the graphics were a bit too gory, especially in all it's colorful richness.
Jelena Ajdarevic
amazing! fell in love immediately ! the moment i picked it up for the first time got me enchanted!
Karen Lee
Karen Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Pole
Pole marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Michael Martinez
Michael Martinez marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Beth
Beth added it
Oct 07, 2014
Snickers1083
Snickers1083 marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Oniya
Oniya marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Chris Cotiyam
Chris Cotiyam marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
John
John added it
Aug 10, 2014
Nikos Vlahos
Nikos Vlahos marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Massami Taniguchi
Massami Taniguchi marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Edu Saldanha
Edu Saldanha marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Maxidepig
Maxidepig marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Carissa Janitell
Carissa Janitell marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Anna Beck
Anna Beck marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Polly Falls
Polly Falls marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Grimm Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 3
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 4 (Zenescope)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 7
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 8
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 9 (Zenescope)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales, Volume 10
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1 Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 2 Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 3 Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 4 (Zenescope) Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 5