Start by marking “Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings” as Want to Read:
Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings

Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings

Beloved by nearly half a million Tarot enthusiasts, Rachel Pollack’s Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom forever transformed the study of Tarot. This much-anticipated follow-up to Pollack’s classic guidebook will inspire Tarot aficionados and inform a new generation of Tarot students. Enhanced by the author’s personal stories and insights gained over the past three decades, ...more
Published November 8th 2008 by Llewellyn Publications (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom

Equating the Equations of Insanity by Durgesh SatpathyThe Art of Startup Fundraising by Alejandro CremadesHow to be Successful in Present Day World by Pradeep ChaswalThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleForgiveness and Love Conquers All by Stephen Richards
Bestsellers ~ Self-Help~ That Renew, Recharge, Rejuvenate
299th out of 314 books — 270 voters
The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. HallThe Mystical Qabalah by Dion FortuneSorcerers' Dialogues by The Silver ElvesLectures on Ancient Philosophy by Manly P. HallRuminations on Necromancy by The Silver Elves
Occult
78th out of 89 books — 64 voters

More lists with this book...

culley
Dec 26, 2015 culley rated it really liked it
I can’t imagine a better book for any tarot deck. The author shows the card face for 3-4 decks, then there is a 3-10 page write up describing history and interpretations. This is a fantastic reference book for the Tarot. I now have a copy of Pollack’s Shining Tribe deck, and the book she includes for her personal deck is easier to reference because the deck is so unique. But Tarot Wisdom includes more information and puts her deck in context. Once I manage a more detailed relationship with her ...more
John Marani
Jul 01, 2011 John Marani rated it it was amazing
Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings
Rachel Pollack
Llewellyn, 2008
ISBN-13: 978-0-7387-1309-0
By John Marani, CPTR

Rachel Pollack’s Tarot Wisdom is a book that I was incredibly interested in reading as soon as I heard of its existence. One of Pollack’s earlier works, Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom, is a personal favorite of mine, and so I was excited to see this new work, but at the same time, I was afraid to read it.

I realized soon after I opened Tarot Wisdom why I had been conc
Caro
Mar 12, 2016 Caro rated it liked it
Recommends it for: complete beginners
Rachel Pollack seems to be a famous person in the world of Tarotists, and one of her books, 78 Degrees of Wisdom is hailed as the "bible of Tarot".
Tarot Wisdom is apparently the updated and altered follow up to 78, so I purchased a used copy of this book, hoping it would enlighten me as much as the so-called bible of Tarot would.
I was half-way disappointed. Rachel Pollack offers one thing that is special: a comparative approach. She presents all the cards in the Tarot, separating Majors from Mi
Heather
Oct 20, 2009 Heather rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Tarot
Recommended to Heather by: Ancient Mysteries (Austin, TX)
Relatively new to Tarot, I wanted something more informative than the not-so-helpful little booklets that come with most Tarot decks. The owner of a local shop recommended this book to me, and it definitely didn't disappoint. Pollack has years of Tarot experience under her belt, a very down-to-earth grasp of Tarot's history, and a wealth of Tarot information from many sources. She has a knack for engaging the reader; she constantly prompts the reader to meditate on and interpret symbolism for ...more
Matthew Cossey
Jan 25, 2011 Matthew Cossey rated it it was amazing
Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom is a very in depth look at the Tarot cards, their historical meanings throughout time and the differentiation of the decks. The amount of research that has gone into this book is really quite staggering. The information contained within will be likely to overwhelm the rookie but don't let that put you off. Best to be used as a resource, than to be read from front to back. A must own for any Tarot lovers.
Zoe
Mar 20, 2012 Zoe rated it really liked it
Shelves: stopped-reading

5/13/09 - Started reading this again in the past week. Now if only I can memorize the whole book...

8/28/09 - I decided to take this off my list for now. I'll probably use it as a reference book. It is a helpful book for comparing several tarot decks side-by-side and for thinking about systems of numerology.

1/29/12 - Picked this up again and am really getting into it. I find it to be my best reference book on tarot to date.
Rachel Strayer
Jan 19, 2014 Rachel Strayer rated it it was amazing
A more comprehensive and multi-faceted view of the tarot than I knew existed. It reveals the psychological, astrological, mystical, and mythical themes in the tarot that I've explored on my own, with startling concurrence. One of my favorite moments in the text is when Pollack explores archetypes in the court cards by attributing them to superhero symbology. An absolute must read for anybody interested/practicing the tarot, it has cemented Pollack in my mind as -the- tarot authority!
Deborah Welch
Apr 07, 2012 Deborah Welch rated it liked it
Pollack's description of Major Arcana 0, The Fool, is one of the best I've ever read. That said, I 'foolishly' bought the book inthat I'm over-saturated with Tarot. In such spirit, I'm moving ahead, but slowly as I cannot capture the same sense of 'aha' with descriptions of the remainder of Major Arcana.
Lori Saul
This is a terrific book for those who want a more in-depth understanding of each card. The Minor and Major arcana are given detailed description and many possible meanings for interpretation. Take your time on each card and you'll understand your personal spreads (or for others) much better!
Julie
Jan 28, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
I have been reading this book out of order. I use it to enhance readings I perform on myself and close friends. Constantly jumping from one card to the next, trying to get a bigger and better picture of their meanings.
Apr 13, 2015 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, tarot, non-fiction
One of the better books of its type. I enjoy Pollack's writing style, and I admit, I continue to keep this book at the ready, for looking things up, rather than putting it back on the shelf with my other tarot books. I recommend it both to beginning tarot readers as well as more seasoned readers.
Princessjay
Jul 15, 2011 Princessjay rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
A very interesting look at the numerology and kabbalah aspects of the tarot. An invaluable reference.
Alejandro
Sep 24, 2013 Alejandro rated it really liked it
I will say much of this went over my head, but I think it's a very thorough take on the tarot.

I will refer to it in my readings from now on.
Ellen Gilbert
Jun 06, 2014 Ellen Gilbert rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tarot
Nobody writes better and with more insight on the Tarot than Pollack. Indispensable for any reader but just as insightful for anyone on a spiritual path.
Jaina Bee
Jul 20, 2009 Jaina Bee rated it really liked it
Shelves: tarot
I've been using this book in my daily readings, which is how I study tarot books. Plenty of good information and Rachel's unusual and insightful observations.
Jason
Jason rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2010
Dung Dao
Dung Dao rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2011
Azhta
Azhta rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2014
Share rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Noe Umana
Noe Umana rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
Prakash mackay
Prakash mackay rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
Maurie
Maurie rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2011
Ryan Collins
Ryan Collins rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2015
Reb
Reb rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2010
Jess Cole
Jess Cole rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Pixelina
Pixelina rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2011
Tatyana Malikova
Tatyana Malikova rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Complete Book of Tarot Reversals
  • The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination
  • Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards
  • Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • The Qabalistic Tarot: A Textbook of Mystical Philosophy
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • Jung and Tarot: An Archetypal Journey
  • Tarot Plain and Simple
  • Shadowscapes Tarot
  • Tarot for Writers
  • The Tarot Bible: The Definitive Guide to the Cards and Spreads
  • The Crowley Tarot: The Handbook to the Cards
  • A Magical Course in Tarot: Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way
  • Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot: An Authoritative Examination of the World's Most Fascinating and Magical Tarot Cards
  • Complete Book of Tarot Spreads
  • Tarot Spells
  • The Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages
Rachel Pollack is an American science fiction author, comic book writer, and expert on divinatory tarot. Pollack has been a great influence on the women's spirituality movement.
More about Rachel Pollack...