Start by marking “Strange Fate (Night World, #10)” as Want to Read:
Strange Fate (Night World, #10)

Strange Fate (Night World #10)

4.38  ·  Rating Details ·  1,753 Ratings  ·  143 Reviews
Sarah Strange is a normal teenager with annoying siblings and a crush on two boys, Mal and Kierlan, who happen to be her best friends. But Sarah also has visions of a place where dragons darken the sky and feast on humans. When Sarah confides in Mal and Kierlan about her visions, she discovers her friends are not who they seem. They are part of the Night World. And they be ...more
Published by Simon Pulse

J.D. Stroube
I just read that L.J. Smith is currently working on more books for the Secret Circle and Forbidden game series. Is she kidding? Come on! She keeps making excuses about how she has to take her time in order to write Strange Fate well. Maybe if she stopped writing books for the other series... she would have finished Strange Fate by now! I am actually very irritated with her. I understood when I read about her family issues, which was why she took such a long break from writing. I even understood ...more
Tabatha
Jan 08, 2012 Tabatha marked it as sequels-to-read
Shelves: i-want-this-now
You can check out other reviews on my blog:

I'm giving all readers a fair warning that there will be no fluffiness and cat gifs today. There'll be emotive language and serious topics.

*Deep breath*

I'm going to assume that L.J. Smith is never going to read this review because despite some, admittedly cute, pictures of a dog I really have no proof that she is still around.

But on the off chance that she is alive and finds herself on this very page then I'd like to say a couple of things.

Firstly, hi
Jan 08, 2013 Sarah marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I came to a strange realization recently. I have been waiting for this book for 15 years, over half of my life.

That is a bit disturbing.
☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾
Jun 11, 2013 ☽Ƹɱɱɑ☾ marked it as to-read

It. Has. Been. 15. Years.
I have not been waiting for 15 years, more like 3, but I feel bad for everyone who's been waiting longer. Or just waiting at all.

So on her blog she says she's writing two books for Strange Fate, so it's taking her longer. That's fine, but only if she hasn't published lots of books since 1998. Oops, she has!

So according to Barnes and Noble, Strange Fate is coming out in 2030.

Can you deliver Strange Fate to my nursing home?
FragmentsofInk
Nov 06, 2012 FragmentsofInk marked it as to-read
Shelves: boycotting
I think I was about 10 when I read all the books in this series (Night World), the four original Vampire Diaries books, and all Secret Circle, Dark Visions and Forbidden Game series books. LJ Smith and Christopher Pike were probably my favorite authors when I was young....

My point: I clearly remember finishing the very last page of the 9th book in the Night World Series - claiming I could look forward to the 10th and final book in the series coming soon to a store near me!!!! I probably had some
Tina
Jan 11, 2012 Tina marked it as to-read
Shelves: eventually-buy
wow you know you've been waiting too long for a book to come out when even goodreads removes the date of release

update: release date is December 31st 2030... when this comes out (if it does) im throwing it back at the author... the original release date was 1998 come on already please
Cece
Apr 06, 2012 Cece marked it as abandoned
UPDATE 3/2/2014: Yeah, maybe I should just accept the fact that this book is never coming out, albeit it saddens me to no end. The below rant I wrote about two years ago. Two years ago, LJ Smith told me it would be coming out soon. WHEN IS SOON???
I have the feeling she's left this series to rot. I'll have trouble moving on, but moving on is the way to go. I've got a whole lotta book series out there to read, and their authors are actually willing to finish them!

THE RANT I WROTE TWO YEARS AGO:

A
Alexandra Mott
Jun 10, 2012 Alexandra Mott marked it as to-read

MAJOR EDIT

I was doing some research today and I learned that L.J. had taken 10 years off of not writing. I learned that she had personal family issues. I believe family is the number one most important thing in the world so I understand why she hasn't gotten this book out yet. When things start to alter your life you can lose your motivation for anything you do. L.J. must have lost her motivation and took a long break. It is okay now though because would you want her to write Strange Fate in a s
Leigh-ann
May 18, 2012 Leigh-ann rated it did not like it
I just realized that I have been waiting 14 years for this book. 14.
That is disgusting. With all of the demand for this book, I can't believe the publishers have not made her write it.
They had the audacity to re-release the first 9 - that should have meant something. But the years on that are coming and going also.
She can say all she wants about "taking time." When she was sick it was understandable, but the way she pumps out books now this is ludacris.
C
Jun 24, 2012 C marked it as to-read

Why.
Did it take.
So long.

While I go just waiting for this book, L.J Smith is probably sitting there, writing it like [image error]

Really.
I just want to read it.
Lucille
Jul 10, 2012 Lucille marked it as to-read
Shelves: must-have-now
Update: October 07, 2015

The year is now 2030. Pluto has been considered a planet again since 2014, the Super Moon occured in 2015, and the aliens finally visited us in 2019. The vampires have been enslaving us since 2024, have burnt all our books, and also banned the art of writing them.

The year 2030 ends. Somewhere out there, millions of fans who have been waiting since 1998 for Strange Fate cry out in their beds as they remember the characters whose stories were never finished.

The book never
Amanda
Nov 14, 2012 Amanda marked it as to-read
This book was originally supposed to be published in 1998. NINETEEN. NINETY. EIGHT.

I was 13 in 1998. Now I am 27. I have absolutely zero sympathy for LJ Smith. Finishing the Night World series should have been prioritised over starting new projects and writing new series or extending existing series. I can't lie, even as disappointed and jaded as I am, I will probably still read the book if/when it finally gets released. But I wouldn't be surprised if this never happens. All you guys who are mo
Erika
Jan 02, 2012 Erika marked it as cant-wait-to-read
I seriously can't wait any longer!!! I hope it comes out soon, the dates keep getting pushed back from 2010 to 2018. I wish it would be released already! It is a shame to see such a great series come to an end, hopefully this final book will match up to be as good as the others!
Luke
Jan 24, 2012 Luke marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Strange Fate
The dramatic conclusion to the series

Now that I have read every Night World story that is out now—from book one, Secret Vampire, all the way to book nine, Witchlight—I am waiting for Strange Fate to be published. Although that is still not known to anyone, I have hope that it will be released in, say, the next two years (or at least before this decade is over).

I understand the reason for the long delay. For a decade, L.J. Smith put her writing career on a hiatus in the midst of a
kitty cué
Jun 09, 2012 kitty cué marked it as to-read
We don't care about Vampires Diaries. Finish this book, I have been waiting to long! AND SERIOUSLY TWO GUYS?! No, I want one you can only have one soul mate (they've said it through all the freaking books!)

LJ Smith, get with the program.

P.S. I was hoping for three stories.
Mallory
Jun 04, 2012 Mallory marked it as to-read
Ha Ha has anyone seen Barnes and Noble's new release date for Strange Fate! Either someone is making a joke or someone had to mistype because it says....publication date: 12/31/2030. I know, right!
Shannon (formerly The Holy Terror)
So ... funny thing. I was talking about this series with a friend and about how I've been waiting for a decade for this book now.

What's sad is, the last book came out in 1998, so I'm quickly approaching TWO decades now of waiting for the continuation of this series.

Come join me in my (non-denominational) prayer circle, hoping that this book will one day be released.
Anastasia シ
Apr 06, 2012 Anastasia シ marked it as to-read
OMG I JUST READ ON http://www.amazon.com/Strange-Fate-Ni... THAT THIS BOOK IS COMING OUT ON DEC 31 2030!!

OMGGGG I CANT WAIT THAT LONGGGGGG! I'VE ALREADY BEEN WAITING LIKE 3 YEARS!

Edit: august 27, 2012

DEAR LJ SMITH,

STOP WRITING MORE NOVEL TO THE SECRET CIRCLE AND THE VAMPIRE DIARIES AND PLEASE PLEASE FINISH AND RELEASE THIS BOOK!!
I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANY LONGER!!
-ANA

Edit: august 27, 2012 (#2)

I WAS JUST BROWSING LJ SMITH SITE AND SAW THIS!! >>>

Nidhi Thomas
Jan 04, 2012 Nidhi Thomas marked it as to-read
What do I see! July 10th! :O 2012! that's..that's....AWESOME!
Wait. Wait. No. Nope, wrong she hasn't said anything about the release date....

UPDATE

It is now the year 2015 and there is still no news of this book coming out. I really do think that this book may never come out. Also I feel like now there is so much pressure on this book that if it turns out bad, the readers (who have been waiting a long time) will be more enraged. Personally, I would just be happy to have completed the series becau
Jinan H
Apr 16, 2012 Jinan H marked it as unreleased-to-read
oh for God's sake publish it already!!

Update
2nd of March 2013
I am seriously scared that I die before she publishes this.

16th of February 2014
Am I still waiting for this book nope I don't think so
Janni
Jun 11, 2009 Janni marked it as to-read
I've been waiting on this book something like a decade now. Rereading all the others in anticipation of its (hopefully? please?) release. :-)
Marika
Oct 26, 2016 Marika marked it as to-read
George R. R. Martin fans have nothing on those of us waiting for this book.
Jus' Saying...
Sophie
Jun 07, 2013 Sophie added it
this is never even gonna end up being written. I loved the original 4 VD books, and that lead me to read the Nightworld books at least 5 years ago. And sorry LJ Smith, but the rest of your newer books suck. Like reeeeaaaallllyy badly. Besides the Forbidden Game series, I loved that too. But the books have gone down the toilet. I gave up on the last VD series but with the co-author, the writing was terrible, as was the plot. Don't even get me started on Dark Visions and the Secret Circle. Then th ...more
Sailor  Mercury
Mar 13, 2012 Sailor Mercury marked it as to-read
COME OUT NOW YOU STUPID BOOK! UGH!
EDIT: 6/28/2012- WHAT THE HECK! OMG I JUST READ, "SEVEN GO OUT ON A MISSION TO SAVE THE WORLD, AND ONLY TWO COME BACK." THE FRICK? YOU CANT KILL OFF OUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS! What about Rashel, Quinn, Mary-Lynette, Ash, Morgead, Jez, and so on? If Rashe/Quinn live, Mary and Ash don't. That can't happen. THE FRICK. DON'T YOU DARE KILL THEM.
.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*:
For everyone anxiously waiting, here's an preview L.J. posted

EDIT: 02/08/13

Brand new chapter 1!

Great, the reason she's making this book so big is because of adding MORE pointless details just like Shadow Souls I love Ash and all but UGH. L.J.'s never gonna learn, is she?

EDIT: 09/07/13

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to this at all. It's already been glaringly obvious since Nightfall came out and the info she's menti
Leanne
Jun 25, 2013 Leanne rated it liked it
I read the first Nightworld book the month it was released. I don't even know how long I have been waiting for this book now, but I was still in school at that point and I'm 31 now.

George R Martin writes books faster than this. Enough said.

Yennhi Nguyen
Jul 02, 2012 Yennhi Nguyen marked it as to-read
This book is taking so long to be published that I'm forgetting all the characters names -__-
Jessica Hernandez
Aug 05, 2014 Jessica Hernandez rated it it was ok
Alright. I have been waiting 6 years for this goddamn book. Occasionally I go looking for any news, and I ended up on LJ's "Fans Burning questions page. This woman is just being rude.
"When is (blah blah blah) coming out"
"Oh, soon, meanwhile have you read my other books?"

LIKE SERIOUSLY? I GET THAT YOU WOULD WANT YOUR BOOKS READ BUT THIS SHIT IS RIDIC.

ITS BEEN 15 YEARS.

I know she had family issues. I know she had to stop writing for awhile. BUT COME THE FUCK ON.

Also, how can she write fanfiction
Cheese
Apr 02, 2012 Cheese marked it as to-read
Finish this fucking book before you continue your series destroying rampage.

Though at this point, I have no doubt this will end up as crappy as that drivel you call a continuation of The Vampire Diaries.
Kiera
Apr 02, 2012 Kiera marked it as to-read
i really NEED to know who dies so i can mourn them and get on with my life i'm ready.
is anybody else waiting for this book too? 36 140 Dec 25, 2015 04:45PM
WHO HAS 2 SOULAMTES?! 3 33 Feb 03, 2015 07:10PM
Does anyone know when bit will be released? 2 34 Apr 29, 2014 04:14AM
audio book?!?! 1 7 Aug 19, 2013 09:18AM
*Night World*: A baby for the Strange Fate 12 62 May 04, 2013 05:15AM
where can I find this? 18 409 Jun 27, 2012 05:26AM
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate Issue 4 54 Jan 04, 2012 08:51PM
  • Thirst No. 5: The Sacred Veil (Thirst, #5)
  • Untitled (Nightshade Legacy #2; Nightshade World #8)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Diabolical (Tantalize, #4)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Untitled (Gone With the Respiration, #3)
  • All Hallows (The Morganville Vampires, #6.6)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Untitled (The Wicked Powers, #3)
  • Havoc (Mayhem, #4)
  • Swear (My Blood Approves, #5)
  • Everafter (Kissed by an Angel #6)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Remember Me (See Me, #2)
  • Sweep: Volume 4 (Sweep, #10-12)
  • #girlnovel
  • Nyx in the House of Night: Mythology, Folklore and Religion in the PC and Kristin Cast Vampyre Series
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

Night World (10 books)
  • Secret Vampire (Night World, #1)
  • Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)
  • Spellbinder (Night World, #3)
  • Dark Angel (Night World, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Soulmate (Night World, #6)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Black Dawn (Night World, #8)
  • Witchlight (Night World, #9)