Start by marking “I Shaved My Legs For This?!” as Want to Read:
I Shaved My Legs For This?!

I Shaved My Legs For This?!

2.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  83 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Four stories by two of today's most talented chick-lit authors and two talented contemporary romance authors explore the trauma of the blind date, as only Theresa Alan, Holly Chamberlin, Marchia Evanick, and Lisa Plumley can imagine.
Published January 1st 2006 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about I Shaved My Legs For This?!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Shaved My Legs For This?!

Cara
Jun 28, 2015 Cara rated it it was ok
Shelves: fun-or-frivolity
This was a book of four long stories of the silly-fluff chick-lit variety. It's about dating new people. I've been doing that myself, so I know this process can be funny and ridiculous, but mostly this book was overblown and tiresome. Each of the main characters was clueless and melodramatic, everyone was quirky to excess, and all of the situations were ridiculously extreme. It's books like this that make me hesitate to ever attempt to write a funny dating story book. If my shit is really as unf ...more
Michele
Jan 09, 2010 Michele rated it really liked it
The trauma of the blind date. It’s like being trapped in a bad, four-hour movie. Like shopping for Manolos with a maxed-out Visa. Like going for a massage and getting a bikini wax instead. Like…well, you get the idea. How many frogs can a woman kiss before a non-slimy prince comes along? There’s only one way to find out…

Love Is Blind (Or At Least Nearsighted) Theresa Alan When it comes to dating, Heather’s been pretty lucky. Well, if you don’t count the verbal flasher and the guy who started goi
Mizzlilayahoo.Com
Jan 26, 2016 Mizzlilayahoo.Com rated it really liked it
Fun stuff. The last story was a bit too romantic novel-ish for me, however.
Sheila
Jul 07, 2014 Sheila rated it liked it
Nice fun summer read. Perfect for the beach or patio.
Mary Pessaran
Feb 18, 2012 Mary Pessaran rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
What a hoot! Each story took a vastly different approach on the perils of blind dating. Cleo Barnes: Worst Blind Date Ever, may have been my favorite because Cleo was just neurotic. I also enjoyed Max. He seemed like a real guy you could actually meet becasue he was so genuine.

Just Jennifer was also grand. Nice to have the two different Point of Views. We don't often get the male voice in these stories. A very satisfying ending.

Overall, worth staying in for a night and reading these stories.

Riley Quinn
Apr 14, 2011 Riley Quinn rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable book. It's an anthology featuring Theresa Alan, Holly Chamberlin, Marcia Evanick and Lisa Plumley.

I was originally interested because someone recommended Lisa Plumley. I found I enjoyed all the stories, leading me to look into other books by these authors.

All of the stories were fun, interesting and there were several spots that were laugh out loud funny. It's rare that I enjoy all the stories in an anthology but I did with this one.
Olivia
Oct 13, 2009 Olivia rated it did not like it
This was the first book in my ENTIRE life that I have ever considered not finishing. I did keep hoping that each story would in some way be better than its predecessor, but I was bitterly disappointed. This collection was a waste of my limited and very precious reading time.
Rosa
Dec 23, 2008 Rosa rated it did not like it
Shelves: summer2008
Gaaaah. I think reading this book made me more stupid. Poorly written, unrealistic dialogue, telegraphed plotlines... It benefits from being a short story collection, if only because you keep thinking, maybe the next one will be better.
Kathryn
Mar 30, 2009 Kathryn rated it liked it
A series of stories about girls that got all excited about boys, shaved thier legs, and then was sorely disappointed. Raise your hand if that's happened to you!!!!!!!!
Jun 11, 2008 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: humor
Writing was not very good. Stories were too predictable. Kinda made me feel like I lost brain cells for reading it.
Mariefitriani
Light reading, really funny chick lit. Mlaps, you should find this! I got this from Looe Library. Haha
May 18, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Great short stories! I really enjoyed this book as a vacation read!
Janice
Dec 30, 2008 Janice rated it it was ok
In my efforts for light hearted reading, I picked this up. So so.
Jun 06, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok
Beach read. Several short stories, none of which held my interest.
Celina
Mar 01, 2013 Celina rated it it was amazing
Very funny.
Denise Parchen
Jul 09, 2013 Denise Parchen rated it really liked it
Funny easy read
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Oumeima
Oumeima marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
S
S marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Leslie R.
Leslie R. marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Allison Chrisman
Allison Chrisman rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Lavender Panda
Lavender Panda marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2015
Sally Witt
Sally Witt marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2015
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2015
Aizel sulinap
Aizel sulinap marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Tee
Tee rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
190848
Best-selling author Lisa Plumley has delighted readers worldwide with more than three dozen popular novels. Her work has been translated multiple languages and editions, and includes contemporary romances, historical romances, paranormal romances, and a variety of stories in romance anthologies.

Her fresh, funny style has been likened to such reader favorites as Rachel Gibson, Susan Elizabeth Phill
More about Lisa Plumley...