Start by marking “Legs Benedict (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #14)” as Want to Read:
Legs Benedict (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #14)

Legs Benedict (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries #14)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  389 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A week of "mayhem-as-usual" at Hillside Manor kicks off with the arrival of a mysterious "Mr. Smith" and his floozie "Mrs." from New York City—and it accelerates into chaos when Mr. Smith himself kicks off, a victim of the foulest of plays. Hostess Judith McMonigle Flynn is shocked to learn that her now-defunct roomer was actually "Legs" Benedict—hit man for the notorious ...more
Published April 6th 1999 by Avon (first published December 31st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Legs Benedict, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legs Benedict

Gwyneth
Judith run's a lovely bed and breakfest, but some how always get's involved in murders some how. But with the help of her cousin Renie and her cop husband joe they always figure it out in the end.

This time her B&B is over run with mobsters. And people that seem nice but arn't. Also while all this is going on her son Mike is about to have a baby and she has to deal with her old mother, who is a bit of a pain in the but.

A hit man from the mod gets killed, then a FBI agent comes and thinks tha
VJ
Didn't one of the previous books in this series have the housekeeper smoking as well? Maybe it was a different book, but I could have sworn it was this series. I remember being taken aback by it, especially when she stated the Bible said nothing about smoking, just drinking.

Also, Judith used to serve rum punch in the summer, but now says she never serves liquor? Um, okay...

I have to say, this has been one of my favorite books of the series. The mysteries were woven together very well. The hijin
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!!
COZY MYSTERIES ARE GREAT...AND SO WAS THIS BOOK...
Mom
One of Dahdim's better bed and breakfast mysteries.
Susan
The new guests at Judith Flynn's bed and breakfast seem rather odd--for one thing, some of them seem to be previously acquainted, although none of them will admit it. But the last thing that Judith expects is for the Mob to drop by. No, actually, the last thing she expects is for an FBI man to arrive and claim that Judith's elderly mother was a concentration camp guard!
Jenya
I read this book after my husband did and if you like a good mystery this was an awesome book! I really would like to read more of her books, but our Library is very limited! If anyone can tell me where I can find the rest of her books to buy or check out that would be awesome!
George
#14 in the bed-and-breakfast mystery series with Seattle inn keeper Judith Flynn and her cousin Renie Jones. This one has a cast of characters with guests and neighbors, murder, and confusing identities as she works through the various clues to help solve what happened.
Sallie
I found a bunch of these B&B mysteries at my local used bookstore, so I keep dipping into them instead of Bill Bryson's book. I am reading BB's book, but these keep me entertained instead of challenging my feeble brain cells.
Jenn
Another good read from Mary Daheim. I like these cases that involve the B&B. I especially liked that there was more than one murder in this one.
Lollyletsgo
I love the locked in a house full of murder suspects whodunnit, and this one is a fun one- through in the mafia and call it jenja!
Diane Falvey
Really liked this one. Kept me on my toes with all the murders. the mafia in the bed & breakfast!! well thought out story.
Esther Welch
Didn't bother to finish. Probably shouldn't have started with book 14
Tracey
Not as good as the last two books. Kind of hit and miss with this author.
Kim
Great book.
Shirley Stenerson
Shirley Stenerson marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kristen Ray
Kristen Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Kittykorn
Kittykorn marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Paola
Paola marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Barb Danielson
Barb Danielson marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Laqueen
Laqueen marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
  • Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #8)
  • Photo Finished (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #2)
  • Dead Men's Hearts (Gideon Oliver, #8)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • The Merchant of Menace (Jane Jeffry, #10)
  • Tressed to Kill
  • Short & Tall Tales: Moose County Legends Collected By James Mackintosh Qwilleran
  • Ringing In Murder (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery, #16)
  • Miss Zukas in Death's Shadow (Miss Zukas, #7)
  • Relics (Faye Longchamp, #2)
Seattle native Mary Richardson Daheim has been fascinated by story-telling since early childhood. She first listened, then read, and finally began to write her own fiction when she was ten. A journalism major at the University of Washington, she was the first female editor of The Daily where she attracted national attention with her editorial stance against bigotry.
After getting her B.A., she wor
More about Mary Daheim...
Just Desserts (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #1) The Alpine Advocate (Emma Lord Mystery, #1) Fowl Prey (Bed-and-Breakfast Mystery, #2) Dune to Death (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #4) The Alpine Betrayal (Emma Lord Mystery #2)