Landscape with Animals

Landscape with Animals

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The controversial erotic novel that explores the dark power of obsessive love

She is free and untamed; he is neither. With a simple glance, his image is cut into her. Between them develops an attraction that is irresistible, boundless, jubilant and destructive.

Written from both lovers' perspectives, Landscape with Animals explores the lives of two ordinary people through an...more
Published 2007 by Virago Press Ltd (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Landscape with Animals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Landscape with Animals

Esmeralda Greene
In a recent article in The Guardian, author Rick Gekoski rhetorically asks why there isn't a "good sex in fiction prize"; a counterpart to The Literary Review's Bad Sex in fiction award. In the course of the article, Gekoski writes knowledgeably of good, bad and indifferent writing about sex, and toward the end of the piece he says, "When I ask myself where I can find sustained high quality erotic writing, the best example that comes to mind is Sonya Hartnett's pseudonymous novel (as Cameron Red...more
Ysabel
May 18, 2008 Ysabel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes some heart behind their erotic fiction
I took this book with me into my garden on a sunny afternoon and read it all within four hours. Although the book is erotic in content, I found the overall feel of it quite sad. It is so rare to find a novel that manages to evoke so many different emotions all in one story. It is a book that celebrates love and sex, that celebrates the human body. Although the crudeness of the words was a little shocking to start with - I must admit to liking things written a little less bluntly - once you get i...more
Jenni
Two people that are having mutual attraction begins a relatiosnhip with eachother. There was passion, lust, desire and love. But also depression, angst and anger.
Contains alot of graphic contents, but the end really touched me on a emotional level. (view spoiler)...more
Art
Cameron S. Redfern is a pseudonym for Sonya Hartnett, an Australian author who mostly writes for young adults and children. I read and liked her Of a Boy, a very sad book that I often found my thoughts drifting back to. A secret erotic novel under a man's name sounded like an interesting proposition for a writer like her so I sought this book out. She writes passionately about the bond between couples, but there's just too many sex scenes and they often fail to ring true. Nobody ever says "you a...more
Chloe
Cameron Redfern is Sonya Hartnett's pseudoname when writing adult fiction. I love Sonya Hartnett's young adult novels, and Landscape with Animals has only minor flaws. I suppose I'm just prude, too much sex drowns out the remarkable prose.
Jess - The Tales Compendium
Very strange book. Did not like it at all. Had no problem with the content, just did not like the way in which it was written.
Tye Cattanach
There are NO words to do this justice.
Kushal
very different. lot of rubbish makes sense towards the end.
Alexandra Rolo
Não sei bem por onde começar pois não há muito a dizer sobre este livro de Cameron S. Redfern.
Atracção mostra-nos em breves páginas um relacionamento entre dois adultos que se baseia numa profunda atracção sexual. O ponto forte da obra é sem sombra de dúvida as descrições detalhadas que podemos ler.
Não é um livro para quem tenha sexo como tabu e para os fãs de 50 Shades of Grey é capaz de ser uma leitura a figurar nas suas bibliotecas.

in: http://nanoezine.wordpress.com/2012/1...
C.K.
This is story of a passionate affair that seems destined for disaster. There is graphic content but the author beautifully describes the emotions that lovers trapped in a doomed relationship go through. The joy, the loneliness, the fear, the frustration, the excitement and the sheer lust, anyone who has loved another will understand the feelings and empathise with the characters in the book. If you have just had an affair then read it with a box of tissues.
Vanili
I did not enjoy this book at all.. not what I expected.
Denise
leva 2 estrelas porque tem algumas frases bonitas e interessantes, porque de resto não é nada de especial
Velvetink
Dec 22, 2010 Velvetink marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
bargain = 1 of 29 books for $5.
Sasha Cameron
Sasha Cameron marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Abbey
Abbey added it
Jul 14, 2014
Ronson
Ronson added it
Feb 19, 2014
Cecilia Agemark
Cecilia Agemark marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
L'amore infedele Geheimes Verlangen: Erotischer Roman (German Edition)