Start by marking “Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Well-loved Tales)” as Want to Read:
Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Well-loved Tales)

Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Well-loved Tales)

3.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  100 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Illustrated by Eric Winter
Published by Ladybird Books (first published January 28th 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Aliya Farooq
Sep 25, 2011 Aliya Farooq rated it it was amazing
There are many books that many of us have read during our childhood yet cannot find them anymore in classrooms today. Goldilocks and the three bears will never get old, it is an ever- lasting book.

As you all probably already know, this story tells us about a young girl wandering the woods and comes across an empty house with 3 bowls of porridge, 3 chairs and 3 beds. WHilst she is sleeping, the three bears return and see that they bowls have been touched, a chair has been broken and someone is s
Mehzabein
Sep 15, 2011 Mehzabein rated it really liked it
This classic tale of goldilocks and the three bears will never get old. I think this is a wonderul book which should be in all the classrooms. It tells the story of a young girl called Goldilocks who wanders into the house of the three bears where different mishaps happen. I remember this story book being read to me during circle time when I was in year 3 and then being told the moral of the story after my teacher had finished that it is not good to steal, and to be kind and friendly to everyone ...more
Marts  (Thinker)
Oct 07, 2010 Marts (Thinker) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
A fairytale favourite, who doesn't know the tale of Goldilocks?!
Khim
Dec 05, 2014 Khim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wie kent het verhaal nou niet van Goudlokje of Goudhaartje. Goudhaartje die verdwaalt in het bos en bij het huisje van de drie beren binnen wandelt. Dit dunne boekje is een juweeltje, de illustraties zijn prachtig en maken het lieve verhaal teder en speciaal.
Anna
Apr 06, 2016 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
Goldilocks is a huge asshole. What is the moral of this story?!
Jackie Mc
Feb 15, 2014 Jackie Mc rated it it was amazing
What a classic book!
I love it!
Lilias Bennie
Feb 15, 2011 Lilias Bennie rated it it was amazing
Some things just live with you from childhood. I am told by my big brother that I hounded my great auntie Jean to read me this story when she came to visit. I loved it. I also loved the deep voice she put on when reading about Daddy Bear and in particular how the hairs on her chin danced around when she did.

I will make sure I go for a wax before I read this book to my own wee great nephew. I'd like him to grow up with a better image of his old auntie in his head than I had!!!
~*I love Tea*~
As far as I'm concerned Goldilocks is a spoilt brat who is taking things that don't actually belong to her. The poor bears - what did they do to deserve some over-zealous human girl taking there food. That said I do like the story. Maybe I'm reading to much into it.
Den
Jan 27, 2012 Den rated it it was ok
I had this story read to me as a child and read all the Ladybird books to my children when they were young and am now sharing them with the children in schools.
Val
Jul 03, 2008 Val rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great illustrations. Well written even though it is a read it yourself book.
Small size easy for child to hold.
Maxine
Apr 24, 2013 Maxine rated it liked it
Never one of my favourites, a tale about being rude and ungrateful really! Poor baby bear :(
miaaa
Bukunya tipis banget tapi ilustrasinya keren khas buku dongeng hehe
Red
Aug 06, 2015 Red rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-corner
goldilocks as a metaphor to people's impact on climate
Shahmeer Baweja
I read this book a long time ago!!
Shahmeer Baweja
Jul 13, 2009 Shahmeer Baweja rated it liked it
I read this a book a long time ago!!
Anti Wibawa
Dec 03, 2008 Anti Wibawa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
cute
Carley Robins
Carley Robins rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Summer
Summer rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Nicola Shepherd
Nicola Shepherd marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Ruba Idris
Ruba Idris rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Minako
Minako rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton rated it really liked it
Feb 29, 2016
Joanne Lanham
Joanne Lanham rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016