Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Well-loved Tales)

Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Well-loved Tales)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Illustrated by Eric Winter
Published by Ladybird Books (first published January 28th 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Goldilocks and the Three Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goldilocks and the Three Bears

Aliya Farooq
There are many books that many of us have read during our childhood yet cannot find them anymore in classrooms today. Goldilocks and the three bears will never get old, it is an ever- lasting book.

As you all probably already know, this story tells us about a young girl wandering the woods and comes across an empty house with 3 bowls of porridge, 3 chairs and 3 beds. WHilst she is sleeping, the three bears return and see that they bowls have been touched, a chair has been broken and someone is s...more
Mehzabein
This classic tale of goldilocks and the three bears will never get old. I think this is a wonderul book which should be in all the classrooms. It tells the story of a young girl called Goldilocks who wanders into the house of the three bears where different mishaps happen. I remember this story book being read to me during circle time when I was in year 3 and then being told the moral of the story after my teacher had finished that it is not good to steal, and to be kind and friendly to everyone...more
Jackie Mc
What a classic book!
I love it!
Lilias Bennie
Some things just live with you from childhood. I am told by my big brother that I hounded my great auntie Jean to read me this story when she came to visit. I loved it. I also loved the deep voice she put on when reading about Daddy Bear and in particular how the hairs on her chin danced around when she did.

I will make sure I go for a wax before I read this book to my own wee great nephew. I'd like him to grow up with a better image of his old auntie in his head than I had!!!
~*I love Tea*~
As far as I'm concerned Goldilocks is a spoilt brat who is taking things that don't actually belong to her. The poor bears - what did they do to deserve some over-zealous human girl taking there food. That said I do like the story. Maybe I'm reading to much into it.
Den
I had this story read to me as a child and read all the Ladybird books to my children when they were young and am now sharing them with the children in schools.
Val
Great illustrations. Well written even though it is a read it yourself book.
Small size easy for child to hold.
Maxine
Never one of my favourites, a tale about being rude and ungrateful really! Poor baby bear :(
miaaa
Bukunya tipis banget tapi ilustrasinya keren khas buku dongeng hehe
Marts  (Thinker)
A fairytale favourite, who doesn't know the tale of Goldilocks?!
Shahmeer Baweja
I read this book a long time ago!!
Shahmeer Baweja
I read this a book a long time ago!!
Arub
Arub added it
Jul 18, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Luly
Luly added it
May 24, 2014
Dex
Dex marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Noura
Noura added it
May 07, 2014
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Little Red Riding Hood Rumpel-stiltskin Snow White and Rose Red Cinderella Beauty and the Beast