Start by marking “The Best-Ever Wheat-and Gluten-Free Baking Book: Over 200 Recipes for Muffins, Cookies, Breads, and More” as Want to Read:

3.10  ·  Rating Details  ·  20 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
There was a time when being diagnosed with celiac disease or learning you had a sensitivity to wheat or gluten meant a lifetime of dry, tasteless baked goods that crumbled in your hands and often weren't worth the effort you put in to make them. Not any more!Today, easy-to-use alternative flours, grains, and flavorings are on supermarket shelves everywhere, which means you ...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Fair Winds Press (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Best-Ever Wheat-and Gluten-Free Baking Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best-Ever Wheat-and Gluten-Free Baking Book

Amanda
Sep 17, 2008 Amanda rated it liked it
This book has a lot of good information in addition to good looking recipes. I only tried one and it was an almost exact rip off from Bob's Red Mill tapioca flour bag, except bob's uses the bread machine. I'm going to try it instead. I only give this book a three because this seems to be stuff you can get for free on the internet and I don't see myself using any other of the recipes any time soon.
Kristin
Jan 16, 2008 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those with Celiac Disease or a wheat allergy
This book is an excellent baking cookbook for anyone with a wheat allergy or celiac disease. The author gives lots of information about all the different gluten-free grains, as well as information on the flours. I found it fascinating and very helpful. There are a ton of recipes in here with everything from Muffins to Apple Crisp. Very well worth the investment!
Lindsay
Mar 21, 2008 Lindsay rated it really liked it
For someone who loves to bake, learning that they have Celiac disease can be very frustrating. Baking without gluten is completely different. This is a fantastic book, and a great way to make the transition to eating gluten free less difficult.
Diane
Mar 16, 2011 Diane rated it really liked it
I like this book. It has a lot of different baked goods with reasonably accessible ingredients.
Even though I got it from the library, I'm now planning to buy a copy.
Betsy
Oct 22, 2010 Betsy rated it liked it
Lots of great information, even though it's an older book.
Hiwot Woldemariam
Hiwot Woldemariam marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Bo lalalala
Bo lalalala rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Anne Russo
Anne Russo rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Bill D
Bill D rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Amber Nesbitt
Amber Nesbitt marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Sachin Singh
Sachin Singh marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
☆~Stephanie ~☆
☆~Stephanie ~☆ rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2015
Beverly Alexander
Beverly Alexander rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2015
steven haddock
steven haddock rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2014
Crystal J
Crystal J rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Pinky
Pinky rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2013
Kena Rebecca
Kena Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Kena Rebecca
Kena Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Bin Ali
Bin Ali marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2013
Elprice
Elprice rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Mary Chambers
Mary Chambers marked it as to-read
May 18, 2012
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012