The Best-Ever Wheat-and Gluten-Free Baking Book: Over 200 Recipes for Muffins, Cookies, Breads, and More

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
There was a time when being diagnosed with celiac disease or learning you had a sensitivity to wheat or gluten meant a lifetime of dry, tasteless baked goods that crumbled in your hands and often weren't worth the effort you put in to make them. Not any more!Today, easy-to-use alternative flours, grains, and flavorings are on supermarket shelves everywhere, which means you...more
Published July 1st 2005 by Fair Winds Press

Amanda
This book has a lot of good information in addition to good looking recipes. I only tried one and it was an almost exact rip off from Bob's Red Mill tapioca flour bag, except bob's uses the bread machine. I'm going to try it instead. I only give this book a three because this seems to be stuff you can get for free on the internet and I don't see myself using any other of the recipes any time soon.
Kristin
Jan 16, 2008 Kristin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those with Celiac Disease or a wheat allergy
This book is an excellent baking cookbook for anyone with a wheat allergy or celiac disease. The author gives lots of information about all the different gluten-free grains, as well as information on the flours. I found it fascinating and very helpful. There are a ton of recipes in here with everything from Muffins to Apple Crisp. Very well worth the investment!
Lindsay
For someone who loves to bake, learning that they have Celiac disease can be very frustrating. Baking without gluten is completely different. This is a fantastic book, and a great way to make the transition to eating gluten free less difficult.
Diane
I like this book. It has a lot of different baked goods with reasonably accessible ingredients.
Even though I got it from the library, I'm now planning to buy a copy.
Betsy
Lots of great information, even though it's an older book.
Kena Rebecca
Kena Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Kena Rebecca
Kena Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Bin Ali
Bin Ali marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Mary Chambers
Mary Chambers marked it as to-read
May 18, 2012
Maya
Maya marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
BoringLibrarian
BoringLibrarian marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2011
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2011
Hannalies
Hannalies marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2010
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 23, 2010
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2009
Collagraph Printmaking Secrets of Buying Art: Original Prints and Reproductions The Best-Ever Wheat-And Gluten-Free Baking Book: Over 200 Recipes for Muffins, Cookies, Breads, and More Lithography: A Complete Guide Secrets of Buying Art