Start by marking “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder For Dummies” as Want to Read:
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder For Dummies

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder For Dummies

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  36 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Arguably one of the most complex emotional disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is surprisingly common. Furthermore, most people at some time in their lives exhibit a smattering of OCD-like symptoms. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder For Dummies sorts out the otherwise curious and confusing world of obsessive compulsive disorder. Engaging and comprehensive, it explains the ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by For Dummies (first published October 27th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder For Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Obsessive Compulsive Disorder For Dummies

Anna Kļaviņa
Jun 02, 2011 Anna Kļaviņa rated it liked it
I read this because I was interested to learn more about OCD. All my knowledge about this illness is from real life stories read in magazines, seen in TV shows.

I think this book could be more valuable for these who have loved one with OCD or these who are interested in this subject but not for these who actually have OCD.
Pat
Jan 24, 2013 Pat rated it really liked it
Having recently observed first hand an OCD person; and seen the effects of the disorder on them, their family, etc., I wanted to do some research on what I was seeing. This book was a good first glimpse into the world of OCD; and it's victims. Having some degree of OCD or it's tendencies myself, I was able to relate on a more personal level, as well. It is a complex disorder; and I came away with the clear understanding that one needs trained doctors and therapists involved in treatment to hope ...more
واسع علوی
Apr 08, 2013 واسع علوی rated it it was amazing
I have OCD. I haven't been diagnosed officially but that's just because I have never gone to a psychologist. This book helped me get a lot more in control of my obsessions and compulsions. I really suggest it to other people who have OCD or want to know more about it. The only setback I think is that it elaborates to much in some parts, but after all it's written for dummies isn't it?
Candace Dixon
looks pretty thorough; not that I need it to "understand", just going thru a rough time and more insight helps.
Jessica
Dec 26, 2011 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology
Good sections on what causes OCD and what exactly the disease does and how it affects your brain chemistry. Would have liked to have more information about the sub-types of OCD like Pure-O, etc.
Becky Shockey
Becky Shockey rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Daniel Farrell
Daniel Farrell rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Scott
Scott rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2011
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2010
Giulia Liberati
Giulia Liberati rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Katie
Katie rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Dec 15, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Kier Home
Kier Home rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Patricia McDonnell
Patricia McDonnell rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
John
John rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Tee Bylo
Tee Bylo rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Steve Hannen
Steve Hannen rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2013
Angua85
Angua85 rated it really liked it
May 31, 2015
Cassidy
Cassidy rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Elena
Elena rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2011
Priscilla
Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
W
W rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Gaia
Gaia rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2013
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Barbara Gerson
Barbara Gerson rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
Candace Dixon
Candace Dixon rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013