Start by marking “Flipped” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  76,429 Ratings  ·  5,745 Reviews
Flipped is a romance told in two voices. The first time Juli Baker saw Bryce Loski, she flipped. The first time Bryce saw Juli, he ran. That’s pretty much the pattern for these two neighbors until the eighth grade, when, just as Juli is realizing Bryce isn’t as wonderful as she thought, Bryce is starting to see that Juli is pretty amazing. How these two teens manage to see ...more
Published May 13th 2003 by Knopf (first published October 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Flipped, please sign up.

Danel Probably not. The story has already a great ending. Writing a sequel will just ruin it, I think. After all, what do you want to add more ? A girly…moreProbably not. The story has already a great ending. Writing a sequel will just ruin it, I think. After all, what do you want to add more ? A girly boring romance about how Bryce and Juli fell in love and how they broke up and how hard it was for the both of them ? Hum... From my point of view, we should just enjoy the story like it is right now. Plus, this story has eleven years now. Unless the author wants to write an incredible 700 pages novel, I think there won't be any sequel. (less)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Giver by Lois LowryCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Best Young Adult Books
82nd out of 10,433 books — 70,732 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsTwilight by Stephenie MeyerCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Truth About Forever by Sarah DessenJust Listen by Sarah Dessen
Young Adult Romance
45th out of 2,920 books — 8,453 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola  Reviewer

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E

3.5 stars. This is the story of two beautiful kids who learn the true meaning of loving someone through an inventive panoply of mishaps and events. Now this is not your usual boy-meets-girl story and I cannot wait for you to discover why! … Let’s just say that the farm thingy is a vital element!

I had a lot of fun reading this book. It is short (true) and a middle grade story (again, true) but it can be enjoyed by readers of all ages! A timeless topic is being tackled and this nove
Jo
"Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss…” He turned to me. “But every once you will find someone who’s iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.”

Initial Final Page Thoughts.
*Eyes tree outside window*
I wonder…

High Points.
Juli. The entire Baker clan! Why don’t all YA characters have fun families?! Authors, you’re missing a trick! Bryce (eventually). Chest. Front yards. Eggs. Chickens. Basket boys. Pie. Girls with iron backbones. Tree climbing. Newspaper article
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
P.s: I have Both,Read and watched flipped...But in my opinion the movie was utterly charming ! I'm glad I watched it first so it was much easier to visualize the sences from the book :)

THIS MOVIE WAS AHMAZING !!!!.......

I laughed...

I cried...

AND I fell in love with the idea of all over again....:)

(This movie is a definte must see for everyone ! trust me ! its just WOW Even the soundtracks ahmazing ! )
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Edit : I just watched the movie and it was SO FREAKING CUTE!

Please don't laugh. Or do. I DON'T CARE. I'm just gonna smile like a big moron all day.

Don't you ever want to say "this is JUST me!" and then realize that maybe, just maybe, you'd better keep your mouth shut because it might change how people see you? Yeah? Because that's what I feel right now.

Okay let's go. Ready?

"She didn't just barge into my life. She barged and shoved and wedged her way into my life."

Juli is just like me! Like
Aaron Vincent
Oct 11, 2010 Aaron Vincent rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary-ya
Originally posted here.

I’ve been reading a lot of dark and violent books lately. I recently joined two challenges, both of which requires me to read those kind of books. Not that I’m complaining or anything because it’s those kind of books I enjoy reading the most. I just thought I need to read something different, something light and positive, something –as my friend Tina prefers to call them–fluffy. As it turns out, Wendelin Van Draanen’s Flipped was the right book for the break from gritty no
Amelia Mapstone
Feb 03, 2012 Amelia Mapstone rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who love humor and romance
Recommended to Amelia by: my teacher
the way it brings Bryce and Julianna together is just spectacular! I recomend this to all who love good childish humor! It is soooo "LOL"!
Pearl Angeli
description

"The first time I saw him, I flipped."

Wow, what a fun read! Everything in this book is loaded with all kinds of cuteness. I like the setting, the premise, and the whole idea of this book. I was kind of, in some way, in love with it.

Flipped is not just purely fluff, it's deeper than what I've expected because it conveys great messages that serve as an inspiration to the readers.

"One's character is set at an early age. The choices you make now will affect you for the rest of your life."

I li
Beatrice Masaluñga
June 2, 2011

When I first watched it online, it reminds me of my elementary days of having a crush just like Julianna Baker. I flipped when I saw that guy whom I really liked when I was in 6th grade.(But I didn't stalked him) :) ahahaha!

At first, Bryce Loski hated Juli ( in a way he was really annoyed at her), But Juli likes Bryce so much, then.. it flipped! :D Bryce then likes Juli, and Juli ignores Bryce. I just love it! It's cute and it's really an essence of a true teenage love story. It's so
Liz* Fashionably Late

Can't do words *___*

Trees, eggs and kisses :3 What else do you need in life?

Love was the first thing July felt when she met Bryce, her new neighbor. Panic was the first thing Bryce felt. Oblivious to this fact, July intimidated Bryce with her forthrightness and curiosity while Bryce tried to hide from her as much as possible.

The first thing I loved about Flipped was the warm feeling of simpler times and their innocence and ingenuity. It reminded me of my first crush and how honest it was. If yo
Scarlet Cameo
May 13, 2016 Scarlet Cameo rated it really liked it
Shelves: rc-16
English review at the bottom

"La primera vez que Juli Baker vio a Bryce Loski, flipó. La primera vez que Bryce vio a Juli, corrió"

Este libro es absolutamente bello. Leerlo es estar todo el tiempo así:

o así

y en ocasiones, así

Pero principalmente es amar y, a veces, odiar, a los personajes. La historia sigue a Juli Baker y a Bryce Losky durante 6 años, desde que Bryce se muda al vecindario de Juli a la tierna edad de 7 años. Juli queda enganchada de Bryce (view spoiler)
Amy (Foxy)
Nov 28, 2013 Amy (Foxy) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
Flipped reminds me of a younger/innocent version of Neighbor From Hell series. Juli and Bryce are neighbors who attend the same school. Their rocky relationship portrays the struggles between boys and girls in elementary and middle school.

Both learn to look beyond the surface and search for something deeper in the human nature. In doing so they discover themselves as they continue mature.
"One's character is set at an early age, son. The choices you make now will affect you for the rest of your
Allyson
May 29, 2015 Allyson rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again
ABSOLUTLY HORRIBLE ENDING!!!!! She should've kept going on with the book instead of ending it there!
Cait (Paper Fury)
That was so stinkin' adorable. I was a bit nervous at first and I did have some quibbles, but, PEOPLES! It was so cute! I love the hate/love relationship and the writing was super beautiful and had some really poignant lines and just: YES. THIS IS GOOD STUFF.

It's dual narrated by Bryce and Juli. And they're voices are so addictive to read! Also very different! I could tell from their tones whose chapter it was, but I loved Juli 100000% and Bryce, like, um, 2%. He was awful okay?!? He was really
Michelle
Dec 22, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it
Recommended to Michelle by: Ms. Castagna
Shelves: 9th-grade
By Wendelin Van Draanen
212 pp. United States of America
Random House, Inc. $14.99
ISBN 0-375-81174-5

A seven year old girl, Juli, falls for a boy in her class, Bryce—well, maybe more for his amazingly beautiful blue eyes. Perhaps this might not sound as interesting as your favorite romance series, Twilight, or illustrate true love like Romeo and Juliet. But, Wendelin Van Draanen’s new romance novel, Flipped, will definitely flip you off your feet. She has her own unique way of demonstrating
 ᴍɪᴄs ✖shut me up already✖
description

Por lo general no me gustan los libros que son de chicos chicos (12, 13 años) que se enamoran. Me parecen tontos o patéticos pero este *suspiro*, este libro hace que deje todos mis malditos prejuicios de lado y lo disfrute.

Las primeras páginas me tuvieron riendo a carcajadas Juli acosando y tratando de acercarse a Bryce y el haciendo todo lo posible por sacársela de encima.
Amé a Juli y Bryce, como ambos crecieron y maduraron a lo largo del libro, me gustó que a pesar de que Juli gustaba de Bryce
Mariℓina
Apr 23, 2015 Mariℓina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a sweet story! Brilliant really and so refreshing! I needed a good break from all the greedy and dark reads and this one was exactly what my poor soul wanted: A great coming-of-age story.

Flipped is a book filled with laughter, awkwardly cute situations and an absolutely adorable first love between Juli, the clever and determined beautiful girl and Bryce, the arrogant jerk with the sweet heart and the most amazing blue eyes.

Juli used to follow Bryce around since the first time they met. He w
Martin C.
Mar 09, 2009 Martin C. rated it it was amazing
I must say, Flipped is a great book and also has a great teaching, as well as being huge amount of fun to read because of the author's fabulous techniques. One of the techniques the author uses in the book is showing different perspectives throughout the book, to be speciefic: the way he describes the point of view from Juli's and Bryce's perspective, also a very fun technique since you're always wondering what the other character in the story thinks too. Another entertaining technique is the q ...more
Majo
“Algunos de nosotros tenemos un acabado mate, otros satinado, otros esmaltado… pero de vez en cuando conoces a alguien que es iridiscente, y cuando ocurre, no hay nada comparable”

¡Qué libro más maravilloso! Me he enamorado totalmente de este dulce y divertido libro.

La historia sigue a Julliana “Juli” Baker y Bryce Loski, como se conocen a los siete años, cuando él se muda y continua por seis años de su vida, hasta el comienzo de su adolescencia.

Julie se enamorá inmediatamente de Bryce y comi
Violet
May 30, 2008 Violet rated it liked it
Knowing two sides of the story is always the best.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

I just fell in love with it and its simplicity and innocence.

This book struck me with its adorably cute, light-hearted romance and wholesomely philosophy, I mean sort of philosophy.
Well just seeing the cover and reading the back details of the book, you'll immediately assume that its just your typical boy-meet-girl puppy love story- cute and severely simple.
Ooh, don't that things fool you.
Yes, it is cute. Yes, its quiet amusing that they understand things at early ages, in short, they are darn s
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads
I LOVE THIS BOOK. I seriously looooooovvvvvvveeeee this book. I laughed. I cried. I laughed and cried some more. I'm going to buy a bunch of copies of this book and give them to all of my friends.
Melanie
OMG. SO. CUTE. AND THAT MOVIE ADAPTATION WAS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. I LOVE.
Minh Nhân Nguyễn
5 sao

Mình đọc cuốn này chỉ với mong muốn tìm cảm giác nhẹ nhàng, yêu đời thôi nhưng không ngờ được đọc một cuốn sách hay đến vậy :). Thật ra trong lúc đọc sách chẳng mang lại cảm giác nhẹ nhàng chút nào, chính xác càng đọc lại càng thấy phát sùng lên. Tính mình vốn hay bức xúc trước chuyện bất bình mà, nên cảm thấy bực bội kinh khủng. Nhưng bực bội thế nào thì đọc phần sau sẽ càng thấy "sướng" thế nấy, sướng như được gãi trúng chỗ ngứa vậy :).

Tác giả viết theo kiểu luân phiên góc nhìn từ Bryce v
Tina
Sep 27, 2010 Tina rated it it was amazing
Original post at One More Page

I’ve had this book for ages, but I haven’t reviewed it ever (then again, I hardly review books back when I bought this). This, along with Stargirl is one of my favorite young adult books. I bought this on a whim, and ever since I first read it, I’ve loved the story. Julianna, especially, is a very memorable character that I wish a lot of times that I carry the same wonder and sparkle she has. :)

When Bryce Loski moves into the neighborhood, Julianna Baker was mostly
Inés Izal
Jun 04, 2016 Inés Izal rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favoritos, 2016
Este es el mejor libro sobre un romance entre dos "amigos" de infancia que he leído nunca.
description

PD: el padre de Juli Baker es el mejor padre del mundo.
Molly
Sep 19, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
I've read the first chapter and I FLIPPED. It seems I needed a dose of cute and this book was the cutest thing in months.

Rating 4.5 (rounding on 5 without regrets)

Grandpa to Bryce...
“Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss….” He turned to me. “But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.”

Juli Baker has had a crush on Bryce Loski from the moment she laid her eyes on him.

"The first day I met Bryce Loski, I flipped
Nenangs
uwoooo...buku ini bagus sekali...
ceritanya sih sederhana banget, tentang perkembangan bryce & juli yang tumbuh bersama sejak keluarga bryce pindah rumah ke lingkungan keluarga juli (kelas 2) sampe mereka ampir naik kelas ke kelas 9, tapi daleeemmmm.... apanya yang dalem? ah...kalian harus baca sendiri...hehehe...

pokoknya, ada dua pelajaran utama yang sangat berharga. kebanyakan dari kita udah tahu/sering dengar tentang ini, tapi kebanyakan juga suka lupa. hmm...quotable quotationnya juga lup
melmarian
Aug 04, 2016 melmarian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teens
Shelves: teens, favorites
Selesai baca dalam semalam :D

Baguuuuusss... suka banget. Sama sekali gak menye2.
Repiu nyusul ^^

###Update 20 Sept 2011###

Cinta monyet tidak pandang bulu. Juli Baker yang masih berusia 7 tahun pun tidak luput dari panah si monyet (#eh) ketika tetangga baru datang untuk tinggal di seberang rumahnya dan membawa serta seorang anak laki-laki sebayanya yang bernama Bryce Loski.

[Juli] Pertama kali aku bertemu Bryce, aku jungkir balik. Pasti karena matanya. Ada sesuatu di matanya. Matanya yg biru dengan
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}

3.5 cute stars! And the film is even cuter!(Except that Bryce is blonde, and when I saw the movie I was really young, and I was having this haters phase when I had an overly hyperbolic and exxagerrated and stereotypical view of blondes, and I used to think that they would take over the world with machine guns...i'd personally love that...cough*

CUTE.

cute, cute, cute cute ,cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, cute,
Fiona
"But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare."

This has been sitting on my shelf forever with no intentions of getting to it anytime soon, until someone mentioned it to me and the movie. I didn't realize it was a movie until I watched the trailer and realized I have seen that movie and really enjoyed it. So I immediately picked up the book and liked it right away! I love coming of age stories like this - some cute puppy love and a bits
HMSA Reads: Book Review: Flipped 1 1 Aug 24, 2016 02:45PM
Mrs. Anderson's E...: Flipped 1 9 Jan 07, 2016 07:30PM
  • Shug
  • Heartbeat
  • Click Here: To Find Out How I Survived Seventh Grade
  • The Schwa Was Here (Antsy Bonano, #1)
  • Love, Stargirl (Stargirl, #2)
  • Never Mind!: A Twin Novel
  • Zen and the Art of Faking It
  • The Only Alien on the Planet
  • Rules of the Road (Rules of the Road, #1)
  • The Naked Mole-Rat Letters
  • Waiting for Normal
  • No More Dead Dogs
  • The Off Season (Dairy Queen, #2)
  • Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life
  • Emma Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree
  • True (. . . Sort Of)
  • The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver  (Ruby Oliver, #3)
  • A Crooked Kind of Perfect
Van Draanen was born in Chicago, Illinois. One of her early influences was Dandelion Wine . According to the author, the book was "about the magic of growing up and [it] reminded me of all the wonderful mischief my brothers and I got into when we were young." Bradbury's work inspired Van Draanen to write How I Survived Being a Girl, which was published by HarperCollins in 1997. Other early influe ...more
More about Wendelin Van Draanen...

11 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Some of us get dipped in flat, some in satin, some in gloss...." He turned to me. "But every once in a while, you find someone who's iridescent, and when you do, nothing will ever compare.” 1140 likes
“My heart stopped. It just stopped beating. And for the first time in my life, I had that feeling. You know, like the world is moving all around you, all beneath you, all inside you, and you're floating. Floating in midair. And the only thing keeping you from drifting away is the other person's eyes. They're connected to yours by some invisible physical force, and they hold you fast while the rest of the world swirls and twirls and falls completely away.” 585 likes