Start by marking “Pardon My President” as Want to Read:
Pardon My President

Pardon My President

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Whether you voted for Bush or not, you owe the world an apology. He’s your president, after all, and the last eight years have been disastrous. Pardon My President features dozens of ways to say “I’m sorry”—just sign your name, fold along the score lines, and add a stamp.

Here are hilarious and heartbreaking apologies to John McCain, Barack Obama, Queen Elizabeth II, the
Published July 1st 2008 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Pardon My President, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pardon My President

Lilly G
The book consists of foldable letters (pre-addressed) to parties who deserve an apology from us. Whether you want to apologize to Iranian people, French people, African-Americans, or the color Orange (which has been used and abused in the new alert system...), it's all in here. The letters are hilariously well-written. This one is a gem. Even though he's gone, it's a good one!!
Petergiaquinta
So I read this book today, and let me amend my comment from yesterday--these letters of apology are not ostensibly by Bush, but by the author who has graciously taken it upon himself to apologize to a long list of people and things on behalf of George Bush because the moron obviously doesn't have it in him to do the right thing and issue these apologies himself.

Highlights? Apologies to the word "Accomplished," Max Cleland and Michael Moore...

And who comes out smelling like a big bunch of roses?
Stefani
Extremely funny and depressing at the same time. I laughed at the language, but being reminded of the facts was a little hard to bear. Overall, it was a very interesting concept for a book, to have it written as letters you could send. I may have to send a version of one of these letters in the future!
Andrew
I actually dislike Seth Grahame-Smith's writing. I think the plots in his stories are regularly quite immature. Who writes a book about our nation's 16th president being a vampire hunter? Who puts zombies in 'Pride & Prejudice'? Really? But, it was an interesting coincidence when, around halfway through this quick-read, witty piece of political commentary, I actually found out it was written by the same guy.

Overall, I'd say that the first half contains some of the funniest political commenta
Meaghan
This book had a strange effect on me. Don't get me wrong, I love Bush-bashing as much as the next person (I was a Bush-hater as far back as 2002!) and I think this book is hilarious. I had to stop myself from losing control and cackling maniacally in the library reading room. But after I finished it, I felt incredibly worried and depressed. Because really, everything in these "apologies" is true.
Valerie
Oct 26, 2008 Valerie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Valerie by: Bookshop SantaCruz
If you are on my Chrismahannukah list please skip this review. Although light hearted, there are a few zingers here. His apologies to Queen Elizabeth, teachers, and the word 'Accomplished' were some of my favorites.
Rociel
Apr 11, 2009 Rociel marked it as to-read
my friend Miranda keeps telling me about how i would love this book so much because of "great love" for Bush and his leadership capabilites
Michael
Funny, but oh my god, I get it already! This book is major sarcasm overload. There's something almost vicious about it, after awhile.
Lauren
Hysterical, while at the same time unbelievably horrifying.
Josh
Fantastic premise. Fantastically executed.
Shonas
pure entertainment!
Jenny
Really funny.
Brigiett Hesford
Brigiett Hesford marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Hossein
Hossein marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Claire Cox
Claire Cox marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Joshua Mcallister
Joshua Mcallister marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Taylor Tomasko
Taylor Tomasko marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Comawhite
Comawhite marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Amy Bellino
Amy Bellino marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Billie
Billie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Sherry Cockerham
Sherry Cockerham marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Chiek Er
Chiek Er marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Sevanna
Sevanna marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Richard Brook
Richard Brook marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
  • The Dangerous Book for Dogs: A Parody
  • You Got To Be Kidding: The Cultural Arsonist's Literal Reading of the Bible
  • Reality Boulevard
  • Famous Crimes the World Forgot: Ten Vintage True Crime Stories Rescued from Obscurity
  • Serial Killers True Crime Anthology (Annual True Crime Anthology, #1)
  • Behind the Screen: How Gays and Lesbians Shaped Hollywood, 1910-1969
  • The Smart Aleck's Guide to American History
  • Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things: 2,317 Ways to Save Money and Time
  • Thanks and Have Fun Running the Country: Kids' Letters to President Obama
  • Phaic Tan: Sunstroke on a Shoestring
  • Boogers Are My Beat: More Lies, But Some Actual Journalism!
  • The Animal Review: The Genius, Mediocrity, and Breathtaking Stupidity That Is Nature
  • The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification
  • Fear Less: Real Truth About Risk, Safety, and Security in a Time of Terrorism
  • What the Corpse Revealed
  • Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives
  • Dog Heroes of September 11th: A Tribute to America's Search and Rescue Dogs
  • Griff Carver, Hallway Patrol
Seth Grahame-Smith (born Seth Jared Greenberg) is an American author, screenwriter and film producer. He is best known for his novels Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter which both hit the New York Times' best seller list. Seth Grahame-Smith lives in Los Angeles, California with his wife, Erin, and his son, Joshua.
More about Seth Grahame-Smith...
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1) Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel Unholy Night How to Survive a Horror Movie