Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book

Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The humorous plight of a girl whose day is so overscheduled that she worries she will never...ever ever ever...have time to read her book. A perfect winddown to a child's busy day.
Published March 1st 2004 by Tricycle Press (first published September 1st 2000)

Sarah Sammis
When I was a child, my all time favorite book was a book of poetry and drawings by Remy Charlip called Arm in Arm. I still love the book and will read through it whenever I need a pick-me-up. Charlip has written many other books but for some reason I didn't read any of his others in my childhood. Now though when I see one of his books, I grab it. My most recent find was Why I Will Never Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book.

Besides the lure of it being written by Remy Charlip, the title h...more
Dolly
Feb 01, 2014 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
What an interesting, metafictional story about a young girl who cannot finish this book (the one that she's in). In some ways, it's a commentary of the never-ending cycle of our days and the ways in which we fill them up. It's also a touching tale of family togetherness.

The girl complains that she has far too much to do, but the items on her list are mainly the day-to-day chores and tasks we all must do. I love that she isn't being run from one activity to another, but instead is helping to run...more
Tam
Snorkle
This book just didn't do anything for me. I saw where the author was headed and thought it was an attempt at "cute" and "playful" but I was just a little bored. I actually finished the book in two sittings! The illustrations were little lacking, from what I've come to expect from Jon J. Muth, but they were still pretty good. I wasn't impressed with this book, but maybe it just wasn't my style. I won't go around recommending this book though.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.b...more
Magila
3.5

I found this to be a very useful picture book, and believe there is a certain segment of society that should read it. (Young and Old)

It chronicles a girl trying to read a book throughout her day. Her "overschedule," or maybe (to me) perception of the stresses and severity of her day, cause her to lose track and not finish her book.

There was a little touch of genius, as the book the protagonist reads is the same book you are reading.
Gail Barge
This book is unusual. It could be used for a lesson on time or a daily schedule. Young kids would enjoy some of the main characters silly actions (showering with a book, leaving a book in the fridge). I think this book would be best suited for lower elementary school students, not middle or upper. The illustrations were nice and colorful...story was just a little strange and difficult to follow.
Dale
Age of readership: 4-8
Genre: Picture Book
Diversity: Multiracial characters, time management
Description of the illustrations: Watercolors
Personal response to the book: I enjoyed the book because it is the actual book she was suppose to read (a picture in a picture).
Curricular and programming connections: The book could be used in a classroom or library story time lesson on time management.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
It's a kinda cute story. It lists everything the little girl does in her chaotic day, showing how she just doesn't have time to read her book. She reminds me of myself; carrying the book around everywhere she goes but never actually finding time to read it. Except she keeps leaving it places. Just for the record, I have never, ever, ever left my book in the shower.
Logan
Logan enjoyed the Droste Effect of this book (picture in a picture in a picture) and the long list of things the little girl has to do every day that keep her from reading.
Beverly
Boy, am I glad that I am not as busy as this young lady is! I love to read too much, and would hate it if I didn't have time to read!
Amanda
Interesting set up, but not nearly as witty and funny as I imagined. We did read this one more than once however, which usually is good.
Elizabeth
I don't actually remember this book, which was already not a good sign, but my comment back in 2008 was "couldn’t bring myself to care."
Beronica
This was an alright book to read to a child who has recently learned how to read a clock and getting the idea of scheduling.
Paula

A busy girl recounts all of the things she has to do in a day as she tries to find time to read.
Hajnal
This book humorously explores a routine day in the life of girl who never has time to read a book.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
sasasasasasasasasa
sasasasasasasasasa marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Corinna Cook
Corinna Cook marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Grettel
Grettel marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2013
Kathy
Kathy added it
Nov 12, 2013
Christina Dawn
Christina Dawn marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Laura Mitchell
Laura Mitchell marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Angela Mcentee
Angela Mcentee marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Abraham 'Remy' Charlip (born January 10, 1929) is an American artist, writer, choreographer, theatre director, designer, and teacher.

He studied art at Straubenmuller Textile High School in Manhattan and fine arts at Cooper Union in New York, graduating in 1949.

In the 1960s, Charlip created a unique form of choreography, which he calls "air mail dances". He sends a set of drawings to a dance compan...more
More about Remy Charlip...
Fortunately Arm in Arm: A Collection of Connections, Endless Tales, Reiterations, Ana Collection of Connections, Endless Tales, Reiterations, and Other Echolalia D Other Echolalia Mother Mother I Feel Sick Send for the Doctor Quick Quick Quick Sleepytime Rhyme A Perfect Day