Start by marking “Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book” as Want to Read:
Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book

Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book

A whimsical, witty bedtime story in wonderful format with gorgeous pictures - From bestselling author of Hooray for mel.Arm in Arm, Peanut Butter Party and Sleepytime Rhyme - Fantastic full-colour illustrations by John Muth, author of Stonecutter Dracula, and prize-winning illustrator of Come On, Rain - Celebrates the joys and frustrations of being a passionate reader with ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Tricycle Press (first published September 1st 2000)

Be the first to ask a question about Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book

Sarah Sammis
Feb 20, 2010 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
When I was a child, my all time favorite book was a book of poetry and drawings by Remy Charlip called Arm in Arm. I still love the book and will read through it whenever I need a pick-me-up. Charlip has written many other books but for some reason I didn't read any of his others in my childhood. Now though when I see one of his books, I grab it. My most recent find was Why I Will Never Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book.

Besides the lure of it being written by Remy Charlip, the title h
Bonnie
Charlip, Remy, and Jon J. Muth. Why I Will Never Ever Ever Ever Have Enough Time to Read This Book. Berkeley, CA: Tricycle, 2000. Print:
Summary: The narrator of this book is so busy that she thinks she will never have time to read the book that she is narrating. She has to prepare for school, make her bed, make breakfast and accomplish so many other chores. By the end of the book, she accomplished so many things that she didn 19t have time to read the book. This is a really cute book that young
Dolly
Feb 01, 2014 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
What an interesting, metafictional story about a young girl who cannot finish this book (the one that she's in). In some ways, it's a commentary of the never-ending cycle of our days and the ways in which we fill them up. It's also a touching tale of family togetherness.

The girl complains that she has far too much to do, but the items on her list are mainly the day-to-day chores and tasks we all must do. I love that she isn't being run from one activity to another, but instead is helping to run
May 12, 2009 Laura rated it it was ok
This book just didn't do anything for me. I saw where the author was headed and thought it was an attempt at "cute" and "playful" but I was just a little bored. I actually finished the book in two sittings! The illustrations were little lacking, from what I've come to expect from Jon J. Muth, but they were still pretty good. I wasn't impressed with this book, but maybe it just wasn't my style. I won't go around recommending this book though.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.b
Magila
Dec 23, 2012 Magila rated it liked it
3.5

I found this to be a very useful picture book, and believe there is a certain segment of society that should read it. (Young and Old)

It chronicles a girl trying to read a book throughout her day. Her "overschedule," or maybe (to me) perception of the stresses and severity of her day, cause her to lose track and not finish her book.

There was a little touch of genius, as the book the protagonist reads is the same book you are reading.
Dale
Aug 06, 2011 Dale rated it liked it
Age of readership: 4-8
Genre: Picture Book
Diversity: Multiracial characters, time management
Description of the illustrations: Watercolors
Personal response to the book: I enjoyed the book because it is the actual book she was suppose to read (a picture in a picture).
Curricular and programming connections: The book could be used in a classroom or library story time lesson on time management.
Little Miss and the Legomeister
It's a kinda cute story. It lists everything the little girl does in her chaotic day, showing how she just doesn't have time to read her book. She reminds me of myself; carrying the book around everywhere she goes but never actually finding time to read it. Except she keeps leaving it places. Just for the record, I have never, ever, ever left my book in the shower.
Chris Young
Jun 17, 2014 Chris Young rated it really liked it
A young girl recounts all of the reasons in her hectic day that she doesn't have time to read this book. Exasperating and comical, featuring warm illustrations of a multicultural family, I like that this book acknowledges that many children have a lot going on at home and sometimes just can't get to that book or homework assignment, no matter how much they'd like to.
Gail Barge
This book is unusual. It could be used for a lesson on time or a daily schedule. Young kids would enjoy some of the main characters silly actions (showering with a book, leaving a book in the fridge). I think this book would be best suited for lower elementary school students, not middle or upper. The illustrations were nice and colorful...story was just a little strange and difficult to follow.
Emyrose8
Aug 18, 2014 Emyrose8 rated it liked it
I've always wanted to write down literally every single thing I've done in a day from beginning to end. This book makes me want to do that even more. I like that the girl is holding a book that's pictures are identical to the pages she's on.
Whole And
Excellent book to discuss making time for what's important. A reminder for the big people in our little people's lives to carve out time for matters such as reading even when life seems impossibly busy.

Illustrations by Jon J Muth, one of our favourite authors.

Tam
Jul 23, 2014 Tam rated it liked it
My 5-year-old liked how the author broke down every single thing she was doing and how the girl was reading the same book we were.
Elizabeth
I don't actually remember this book, which was already not a good sign, but my comment back in 2008 was "couldn’t bring myself to care."
Lesley Burnap
Aug 18, 2015 Lesley Burnap rated it liked it
Charming! Might lead to a good discussion about when your children/students read during the day/evening...and how to, as Donalyn Miller says, read on the edges!
Beronica
Feb 01, 2011 Beronica rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This was an alright book to read to a child who has recently learned how to read a clock and getting the idea of scheduling.
Beverly
Mar 27, 2012 Beverly rated it really liked it
Boy, am I glad that I am not as busy as this young lady is! I love to read too much, and would hate it if I didn't have time to read!
Logan
Oct 14, 2010 Logan rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Logan enjoyed the Droste Effect of this book (picture in a picture in a picture) and the long list of things the little girl has to do every day that keep her from reading.
Amanda
Oct 01, 2011 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
Interesting set up, but not nearly as witty and funny as I imagined. We did read this one more than once however, which usually is good.
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2010
Miri
Miri rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2012
Beth Butler
Beth Butler rated it it was ok
May 07, 2012
Leslie
Leslie rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Aria Eve
Aria Eve rated it did not like it
May 09, 2009
Katherine
Katherine rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Nadine Jones
Nadine Jones rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2012
Paula
Sep 14, 2011 Paula rated it liked it

A busy girl recounts all of the things she has to do in a day as she tries to find time to read.
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2010
Miriam
Miriam rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Carrie Bergantino
Carrie Bergantino rated it liked it
May 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Abraham 'Remy' Charlip (born January 10, 1929) is an American artist, writer, choreographer, theatre director, designer, and teacher.

He studied art at Straubenmuller Textile High School in Manhattan and fine arts at Cooper Union in New York, graduating in 1949.

In the 1960s, Charlip created a unique form of choreography, which he calls "air mail dances". He sends a set of drawings to a dance compan
More about Remy Charlip...