Start by marking “The Rough Guide to Blogging” as Want to Read:
The Rough Guide to Blogging

The Rough Guide to Blogging

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The Rough Guide to Blogging is the ultimate reference for all things weblog. It takes you into the blogosphere, from blogging''s early history and where it is today, to the future of blogs and their social and cultural impact. This book will help you to discover the greatest blogs on the web and to understand newsreaders and RSS. Whether you want to start your own blog or ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Rough Guides Limited (first published July 17th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Rough Guide to Blogging, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rough Guide to Blogging

Jaime
Jul 24, 2011 Jaime rated it really liked it
Today I’m taking a little time away from my usual line of reading/reviewing (fiction) so I can review Jonathan Yang’s Rough Guide to Blogging.

I don’t consider myself someone new to blogging by any means, but that certainly doesn’t mean I know everything. With that in mind, I got this book to read in the hopes I would find out something new that I could hopefully apply to my personal blogging.

This guide is a great example of what a guide should be.

In this book, you are introduced to blogs and blo
Scott
Excellent general overview on how to become a blogger and what the world of blogging is all about. Short, concise entries on the history of blogging, how to find blogs, how to subscribe to blogs and how and where to begin your own blog. This Rough Guide volume, like others in the RG series, features tons of side bars and a massive appendix, all listing further resources to explore, or cool sites to visit for blogospheric inspiration.
Katie/Doing Dewey
Jan 07, 2012 Katie/Doing Dewey rated it really liked it
Do you wish your blog had thousands of followers or was one of the best known blogs in its' niche? I can honestly say that's not why I write (although I love having readers and very much appreciate that people read my ramblings, thinking about having an audience while writing just makes me nervous!). But even so, the main reason I enjoyed The Rough Guide to Blogging was because it caused visions of future blogging success to dance in my head. I would honestly recommend picking this or a similar ...more
Gina
Dec 24, 2014 Gina rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
good ref book
Tracy
Aug 30, 2015 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: writing, social-media
To the point. Not overwritten. I used the book as a resource for teaching a teen writing conference with an emphasis in blogging and social media.
Elizabeth Olson
Sep 29, 2011 Elizabeth Olson rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011, how-to
A good resource for technical tips on formatting, structure, key words, and getting your blog picked up by search engines -- overwhelming for the novice or would-be blogger yet to set the world on fire.
Sheri
Jul 30, 2011 Sheri added it
comprehensive high level overview of blogging 101 but don't expect depth or specific content ideas. somewhat outdated - written in '06, now 2010. What you need to know to get started.
Krystal Racca
Jun 22, 2010 Krystal Racca rated it liked it
The author forgot (or simply neglected) to include anything pertaining to the Mama Blogging Phenomena, much to my dismay. Otherwise, very useful information and easy to read.
Teena in Toronto
Jul 05, 2012 Teena in Toronto rated it really liked it
An excellent book if you are a blogger!

The information is in bite-sized pieces and I enjoyed the writing style.

And there were lots of cool websites to check out.
Rustam
Mar 15, 2007 Rustam rated it really liked it
I already know all about blogs, BUT there was a lot of good pointers to a lot of interesting, informative, and kooky blogs that I'd never read before.
Cameron Sharp
Apr 30, 2012 Cameron Sharp rated it liked it
Liked it. At this point in time some of it is out of date. I'm sure there are other more up to date books about blogging I will discover soon.
Elizabeth
Oct 22, 2008 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction, read2008
Good overview of blogging. Most was a review, but did fill in some gaps in my knowledge and taught me more about what is possible.
Elizabeth
May 08, 2013 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Good resource for beginners. This book is a few years old (published in 2006), so a new and updated edition would be welcomed.
Bambi
Oct 08, 2010 Bambi rated it it was amazing
A small book with a HUGE amount of information! An excellent guide to blogging!
Eric
Apr 04, 2007 Eric rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: tech people
It helped me realize the power and potential of blogging
Rachel
Jan 11, 2011 Rachel added it
Shelves: 4-29-09, discarded
apparently it's weird to read books about blogs.
Mar 11, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Excellent how-to for first-time bloggers.
Shiva
Sep 12, 2008 Shiva rated it really liked it
my frnd asked me 2 go through it.....
Holley
Holley added it
Feb 17, 2016
Dannii Elle
Dannii Elle marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jan 18, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2015
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2015
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
J.A. Yang enjoys board games, karaoke, and strong wireless signals. His favorite font is Enviro. Originally from San Diego, he travels around looking for spare couches to sleep on. He's authored a few books, been published online here and there, and wonders why no one mourns the wicked. He believes in the power of self-respect and achieves through the power of Grayskull.

Currently he is busy writin
More about Jon Yang...