Start by marking “365 Tv-Free Activities You Can Do With Your Child” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
365 Tv-Free Activities...

Steve Bennett

365 Tv-Free Activities You Can Do With Your Child

Make the most of your time with your child-whether it's five minutes or a whole afternoon-with simple, fun activities that will excite the whole family. From arts and crafts to toymaking to math and number games, 365 TV-Free Activities You Can Do with Your Child will help take your kids away from the tube and stimulate their minds. You'll promote better health, improved me ...more
Published October 10th 1991 by Adams Media Corp (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about 365 Tv-Free Activities You Can Do With Your Child, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 365 Tv-Free Activities You Can Do With Your Child

Caranna
"Do you have an egg carton candy? An old magazine? What about some toilet paper rolls or a cardboard box?"

We've all had those days when our kids lay around complaining, "I'm bored..." "There's nothing to do..." Or we reach the point where we are ready to do something other than watch TV and play video games.

This book is set up in such a fun way. At the beginning of the book there are thumbnail illustrations with a title and page number for each activity. This makes it easy for the kids to go th
Molly
Some favorites:

- Divide a celery stalk's bottom in half and place one foot in a jar with red food coloring and the other in a jar with blue and the next morning, see the pattern traveled. (Along with putting carrot tops in water, potato roots and prints and other garden adventures.)
- Flashlight activities: placing primary color balloons on the tops of flashlights and "mixing" on the ceiling; cutting out star systems in paper bags and shining a flashlight through juice containers.

Also: Family his
Suzanna
I saw this at my library and picked it up hoping for a few new ideas to pull my kids away from the TV. There are lots of great ideas, not all crafty. Some are simple word games or guessing games. I wouldn't say every single idea in the book is amazing or life changing but I marked a bunch of activities and have started working through a few of them with my kids. There were lots of things I never even thought of before. It's a great book for anyone looking for some new ideas (though Pinterest wor ...more
Randi
Jun 11, 2008 Randi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the book you keep on hand to grab when you have no idea what to do with your bored child. These activities are really fun and have different levels of parental involvement, so you can choose an activity that works with a free afternoon or keeping a child occupied while you make dinner. The ideas encourage creativity in children and use spare household objects.
Julie Suzanne
From toddler activities to stuff for older kids, mostly free. Definitely NOT a craft book--there are many word games, paper games, and silly stuff to do as well. Great for a rainy day if your kid isn't busy with lessons of one sort or another.
Coreyann
Mar 06, 2011 Coreyann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still have this book from when my older kids were children back in the early 90's and now I've cracked it out again for activities to do with my littlest one who just turned 3 years old. This is definitely a keeper forever with kids around!!!
Ashley
Nov 13, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great for the 4-12 age range in my opinion. Most were a little too old for my kids just yet. All of them were a lot of fun and most were things that cost nothing or were done with things you probably already have. I will have to remember it in a few years.
Roberto Gonçalves
Nem sempre é fácil ter a TV como concorrente do tempo das crianças, este livro ajuda-nos a sermos mais criativos e envolver as crianças em atividades lúdicas, educativas, que estreitam os laços entre pais e filhos
Kelly Aley
Nov 22, 2008 Kelly Aley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book saved my tail many times when I babysat. Now I use it with my own kids. GREAT things to do without television.
Samma
Samma rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2013
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2008
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Cecelia Kwartler
Cecelia Kwartler rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2016
Dianne Maurer
Dianne Maurer rated it liked it
May 24, 2013
Delia Huitema
Loved it and used it all the time when my kids were smaller
Nellie
Nellie rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2009
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Ariel Dagan
Ariel Dagan rated it it was ok
Aug 27, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Lori Mangan
Lori Mangan rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2015
Rodica Chav
Rodica Chav rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Sylvie Villeneuve
Sylvie Villeneuve rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Anne
Anne rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2008
Marilu
Marilu rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2009
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2009
Hilary Thomas
Hilary Thomas rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Carrie
Carrie rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2009