Start by marking “The Killing Art (Kate McKinnon, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Killing Art (Kate McKinnon, #3)

The Killing Art (Kate McKinnon #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  15 reviews
History and fiction collide with deadly consequences in the third Kate McKinnon novel—a story of bitter revenge, where the past invades the present and a decades-old secret proves fatal

Kate McKinnon has lived many lives, from Queens cop to Manhattan socialite, television art historian, and the woman who helped the NYPD capture the Death Artist and the Color Blind killer. B
Published October 31st 2006 by HarperTorch (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing Art

Sofia Oliveira
Este livro começou por ser uma desilusão. Andou de mala em mala durante três meses até que desisti de forçar a leitura e o coloquei de lado. Sou apologista de que nem sempre é altura para ler um livro e, apesar de me apetecer ler um policial, Jonathan Santlofer não estava a conseguir cativar a minha atenção. Isso aliado às sucessivas interrupções na leitura levaram a que me perdesse na história e lesse algumas outras pelo caminho.

Com a chegada de mais uma maratona literária e depois de ter termi
Linda  Branham Greenwell
Santlofer does it again, with this chilling third installment to his Death Artist series.

Kate is recovering from the death of her husband Richard, re-shaping her life from the life of luxury they shared. She is working on a TV show and a book on the New York School of artists Pollack, de Kooning, Kline and Gorky. Their paintings are being slashed--in a museum, a law office, and in homes.

One of her fiends has a Franz Kline that is slashed in his home, and is killed when he surprises the vandal.
Mónica Silva
Opinião no blog http://howtoliveathousandlives.blogsp...

Este é um policial diferente, original, uma lufada de ar fresco. O autor combina o crime com a arte, a resolução de um mistério com a análise de grandes artistas. Santlofer dá grande destaque aos artistas da Escola de Nova Iorque, como Jackson Pollock, Franz Kline, Gorky, Philip Zander. Mesmo para quem não entende muito do mundo da arte, este livro é muito interessante e educativo.

O mistério que Kate tem que desvendar é intrincado e empolga
Steve
The Killing Art is one of those books that you just can't put down. It's a great murder mystery with plenty of action, twists, and turns that keep you guessing until the very end.

The story follows Kate McKinnon, a former police officer who now hosts an art history show on PBS. When a painting that she donated to a museum is destroyed by an unknown attacker, she gets involved in the case. As the trend continues, several more paintings are destroyed, and the attacks turn deadly as the attacker beg
Huntress Ayin
Jul 28, 2014 Huntress Ayin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Huntress by: Rioniña Ocampo
If you're a fan of thrillers and suspense novels, you shouldn't miss that book. The Killing Art is full of twist and turns that will eventually tickle your mind. If you wanted to be a secret agent, Kate's deciphering skills might help you out. MUST READ!
Leonardo Navarro
Un libro para amantes del arte en New York. Es bueno leer autores no tan conocidos, y de temáticas que casi no se ven. No es un libro de acción, y ni sé dónde quedó el misterio, la intriga y los sentimientos hacia los personajes. Son personajes muy complicados en una trama más complicada aún. No imagino qué hubiese sido de éste libro sin los dibujos que se encuentran a lo largo de la lectura. Salvado únicamente por su forma de escribir: normal y medianamente ligera, se deja leer. A lo mejor no e ...more
Writerlibrarian
This was my post New York book. Kate McKinnon gets tangled in the investigation of a serial slasher of modern art. Not any modern art. New York school artists artworks are targeted. De Kooning, Pollock, etc. Set in the New York art scene, this whodunit is fun and full of wonderful clues and you discover the history of the New York school artists at the same time. Made me go and order a book on the period. Then again, I enjoy modern art. I sat in front of this de Kooning at the Guggenheim and jus ...more
Jenny (Reading Envy)
I picked this up as a galley at ALA back in 2005. I guess the author is more known as an artist. This is a mystery set in the art world, where art from the “New York School” of painters is being destroyed and also the people who own the art. The characters were interesting and I loved the unique art throughout the book. I might try reading his other two mysteries, that also feature the character of Kate.
mim
This was one of my quick read, vacation type books. I liked the art world connections, and had recently seen the photograph of the 1950s artists mentioned in the book. I'll start another, maybe the first one he wrote, since I read this out of order. Not that it seemed to matter.
Salvador Daniel
Este libro me gustó mucho en cuanto a la trama pero para ser sinceros esperaba otro final.
Babete
Policial com pistas em obras de arte, original e interessante!
Julie
Loved the book kept me guessing right up to the end.
Marta
A very nice surprise.
andie
Apr 11, 2013 andie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-but-not-read, add
needs cover image
Ricardo Ayala
Ricardo Ayala marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Alejandra Diaz
Alejandra Diaz marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Justine Faeth
Justine Faeth marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Andy Vickery
Andy Vickery marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Natasha
Natasha marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Rodanthe
Rodanthe marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Skyler
Skyler marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Wclim
Wclim added it
Oct 07, 2014
Mariana Pereira
Mariana Pereira marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
  • Skin Deep
  • The Program (Tim Rackley #2)
  • Trust Me
  • Messiah
  • Body Count (Sophie Anderson,  #1)
  • Manitou Blood (Manitou, #4)
  • Known to Evil (Leonid McGill, #2)
  • Compulsion (Frank Clevenger, #3)
  • Last Breath: A Sherry Moore Novel
  • A Thousand Bones (Louis Kincaid, #8)
  • Until Dark
  • Jolie Blon's Bounce (Dave Robicheaux, #12)
  • Children of Wrath
  • A Study in Scarlet
  • Opening Moves (Patrick Bowers Files, #0.5)
  • Smoked
  • Skin (Jack Caffery, #4)
190058
Jonathan Santlofer is the author of five novels and a highly respected artist whose work has been written about and reviewed in the New York Times, Art in America, Artforum, and Arts, and appears in many public, private, and corporate collections. He serves on the board of Yaddo, one of the oldest artist communities in the country. Santlofer lives and works in New York City.
More about Jonathan Santlofer...
Inherit the Dead Anatomy of Fear (Nate Rodriguez, #1) The Death Artist (Kate McKinnon, #1) Color Blind (Kate McKinnon, #2) The Murder Notebook (Nate Rodriguez, #2)