Start by marking “Insatiable” as Want to Read:
Insatiable

Insatiable (Insatiable #1)

"Insatiable: a seductive portrait of two women and their obsession with one man."Life has delivered some hard knocks to Terelle Chambers, who grew up shuttling between foster homes. She desperately needs something or someone to believe in. She plans her future around Marquise, the father of her toddler daughter. Devastatingly sexy, Marquise is currently in jail on drug cha ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Simon & Schuster (first published November 30th 2004)

Cheryl
Jan 28, 2011 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, erotic, 2011
Well, this is my first Allison Hobbs book. I was really looking forward to reading it because she is my friend on Facebook, and I knew I was going to love her writing!

Terelle is trying to get everything ready for her baby daddy Marquise to come home from prison. He is in there on drug charges. She talks to him on the phone a lot, even though it costs and arm and a leg. She is working as much as she can to try to get the bills paid and make a good life for him when he gets home.

"Terelle let out
Jessica Holter
Jul 14, 2008 Jessica Holter rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, Allison Hobbs is a natural story teller. I blush at most erotica. (The truth is, a lot of it is unrealistic and embarrasses me when I see to words on the page, describing things you would not do in your right mind...) but the natural delivery of the lust of the characters in Insatiable made me very comfortable since Allison speaks it plain. Understand what I am saying, yall, when I say a woman made it with a gear shift in her car, and it was alright with me. I especially enjoy ...more
Saysha Wilson
Mar 13, 2008 Saysha Wilson rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites! Take a hood chick and a high maintenance chick and add a man to the mix...and you have nothing but DRAMA!
Teaguem2005
Jan 06, 2015 Teaguem2005 rated it it was amazing
Reading this a second time did not take away from the story one iota! Let me preface this review with the fact that I rock with all the Philly authors because I love reading "familiar" settings, lingo, etc.

Kai was an absolute certified nutjob! She wanted what she wanted when she wanted. Period. Marquise was the ultimate playboy who did what he wanted with whomever he chose whenever he wanted and Terrell believed every lie that he gave her. Terrell was the most lovestruck, my-man-loves-me-so-he
Valerie
Dec 03, 2008 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Valerie by: Ashley
A very hot and heavy read. I will nver forget that crazy character, Kai..Whoo!!!!!!!
Kamesha
Jan 03, 2009 Kamesha rated it it was amazing
I learned that a woman can have everything and have nothing all at once.
Valerie
Let me say first off, KAI is crazy... I loved that about her character. She gave the story life and the WTW (what the what) effect. Some of Kai's decisions and thought processes made you say okay, I hope I never meet a real life person like her, yet it made the story so interesting. Kai was definitely not my favorite person, but I could not wait to see what she had planned next...

Terrell is "dangerously in love" with Marquise. Marquise is in prison when the story begins, yet Terrell is doing eve
Sha
Feb 09, 2015 Sha rated it it was amazing
well written
Prinzessbtrfly
Apr 29, 2016 Prinzessbtrfly rated it it was amazing
I am loving the fact that Allison ' s characters are reappearing in different books!! I'm enjoying your work Allison!!
Linnette Anderson
Nov 17, 2015 Linnette Anderson rated it it was amazing
Never thought it would end like this. But love makes you do crazy things.
Tasha Amoretto
Oct 13, 2014 Tasha Amoretto rated it really liked it
This book was great! Kai is completely out of her mind! Poor Terelle is flat out dangerously in love as well. Zai is flat out ridiculous and a hot mess but yet very interesting! This is the love triangle from hell! Lol. I can't wait to read the sequel "The Climax" next! This book is a page turner not a boring moment in it! Enjoy!
Kellee
Apr 08, 2009 Kellee rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: not-all-that
This book was just ok. I read ONE book by Allison Hobbs a couple of years ago and thought she'd be a great author, but this is my 3rd book by her and I'm disappointed...and I've bought so many of her books because the first one was good. Now I'm stuck reading all the ones I paid for. Very slow...and I even have the sequel.
Tramaine Green
Aug 16, 2013 Tramaine Green rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I truly thought Kai was a looney tune and Terelle she was so naive. There was many a time she gave me a headache dealing with Marquise. What I didn't expect was for her to go off the deep end. Allison Hobbs did a good job putting this story together.
Jen
Jul 24, 2012 Jen rated it it was ok
Meh. The usual Allison Hobbs plot "twists" and absurd ending. Not that entertaining; found both women annoying in their own way, and the guy they were into was a jerk playing them both, so who gives a crap about any of these characters?
Michelle
Jun 19, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing

I loved this book!!!!!
ddnt understand how terelle's and kai's lives would intertwine but i loved the twist!!!! I felt for terrelle because she simply wanted happiness and thats all
Danielle
Nov 04, 2010 Danielle rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Meg Cabot's answer to Twilight, but it's even better than Twilight b/c there's actually some nookie!
Terray
Sep 29, 2015 Terray added it
It was a good book that shows you have to be careful what you get obsessed by.
Deidre
Aug 30, 2013 Deidre rated it it was amazing
this was my introduction into Allison hobbs and I've been a fan ever since
Michelle
Jun 19, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Loved it!!! Drama pulled me in
Keniisha
this book was weird but interesting
Atiya
Jul 11, 2013 Atiya added it
did not read was a first part
Dawn
Mar 19, 2013 Dawn rated it really liked it
Great writing, bazaar novel.
Debbie
Aug 05, 2013 Debbie rated it it was ok
That is some kinda crazy!!
Danielle Rameau
Pamela
Oct 12, 2013 Pamela rated it it was amazing
I loved it :)
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Lisa Matthews
Lisa Matthews marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall
Jeanida Luckie-weatherall rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
  • Secret Society (Secret Society, #1)
  • In Cahootz: Sequel to Hoodwinked
  • Still Hood (Hood Rat #2)
  • Message from a Mistress
  • Aftermath (Snapped #2)
  • It's Like Candy
  • Sixty-Nine
  • Thong on Fire: An Urban Erotic Tale
  • New York's Finest (New York's Finest #1)
  • Jayden's Passion (Raunchy #3)
  • Working Girls (Flint, #2)
  • The Kat Trap