Superman: Doom in a Box

Superman: Doom in a Box

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
When Clark Kent receives an action figure of Doomsday, it seems like a harmless toy. But soon enough, Clark realizes that this harmless action figure is actually a creator of destruction. As water makes Doomsday grow larger and larger, he becomes unstoppable and the city is threatened. So to save the city from devastation, Superman must act to save the day.
Published January 29th 2008 by Meredith Books

Jeffrey
Mar 17, 2010 Jeffrey rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids who like super heroes
Yesterday, I lauded Hulk vs. Hulk which was published by the same firm (Pennyworthy) a this one. Unfortunately, I cannot give this one a similar recommendation.

While the story is arguably more complex, or at least less obvious, than the other book, the art, while technically solid, fails to convey energy to a verbose script printed with oversmall font. It might be enjoyable from a read yourself perspective, but it's not fun to try and read aloud.

I don't hate Superman and if your child likes supe...more
Emily
I enjoyed this book because out of all the super heroes, I like Superman the most. It was entertaining and it kept me guessing how Superman was going to defeat the enemy. This book would be a great book to recommend to kids who are interested in science fiction and super heroes. It can help them work on predicting because the teacher can ask, "How do you think, Superman will stop Doomsday?"
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
George Kraft
George Kraft marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2012
Superman: I Am Superman! Phonics Comics: The Smart Boys (Phonics Comics) Be a Hero! Fantastic Four: The Imagination Trap The Fantastic Four vs. The Sea Monster