Start by marking “Harry Potter ja liekehtivä pikari (Harry Potter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter ja liekehtivä pikari (Harry Potter, #4)

Harry Potter ja liekehtivä pikari (Harry Potter #4)

4.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,626,149 Ratings  ·  24,493 Reviews
Harry Potter herää Likusteritiellä arvessaan tuntuvaan polttavaan kipuun. Sitä ennen hän on nähnyt kammottavan todentuntuista ja pelottavaa unta, jossa on kuulunut Voldemortin ääni... Huoli arvesta kevenee hiukan, kun hän saa kutsun lähteä Weasleyn veljesten ja Hermionen kanssa huispauksen maailmanmestaruuskisoihin. Loppuottelu on huippujännittävä ja kisojen tunnelma ilois ...more
Published 2008 by Kustannusosakeyhtiö Tammi (first published July 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter ja liekehtivä pikari, please sign up.

Arya Of course you can buy it! It's very popular and easy to find!
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Joanie (Hawthorn) I think if he tried to do that it would be really obvious what he was doing, but all Harry had to do was touch the cup so no one knew what happened.

Sasha Alsberg
Oct 23, 2015 Sasha Alsberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Um. Wow. Yeah. That was freaking FANTASTIC!!!! Probably my favorite so far, just wow oh my gosh......WHAT EVEN!! I feel empowered and sad at the same time (sad because...you know). 5/5 stars of course!
Zoë
Aug 05, 2015 Zoë rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't mind me, just crying my eyes out.

This was WAY better than I remember it being, and I remember it being pretty darn good. J.K. Rowling is a writing goddess and I can't believe how much foresight and planning went into this series. She already hints at the horcruxes and many other things in this book that don't show up until much later. Definitely one of my favorites in the series!
Hira
Jun 15, 2013 Hira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*To read more reviews by me visit Views & Reviews *

I seriously have no idea why I still review these books when I have nothing new to say. I mean... J.K. Rowling is perfect. This series is perfect. And I dream day & night of going to Hogwarts. So what I'm going to do is, I'm going to show you how I felt about this book:

When I started the book:

During the book:

At the end:

Umm.. Mam Rowling..

All in all

description

Sorry for the lame review, readers. I just really don't know what to say..
Stephen
This was the beginning of my addiction to POTter. I had previously experimented with and enjoyed POTter on 3 different occasions, but could easily have walked away and never touched the stuff again. Then, under some pressure from some POTterHEAD peers of mine, I tried the newest blend called the Goblet...and everything changed. As the warm, easy, potato chip prose crossed my blood-brain barrier, euphoria ensued. My inner child was smitten.

I...was...hooked and I...was...happy.

Ignore the so-call
Raeleen Lemay
Dec 14, 2014 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, own
Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

SO I HAVE A FEW NOTES ON THIS ONE:

-at the beginning, Voldemort says to Wormtail, "I will allow you to perform an essential task for me, one that many of my followers would give their right hands to perform..." OMG J.K. ROWLING FORESHADOWS EVERYTHINGGGG

-when the Weasley men come to Privet Drive through the Dursleys' fireplace is just.... priceless. Yet ANOTHER scene that I wish had made it into the movie.

-We get to meet Bill in this book (way e
Riley
Jan 01, 2016 Riley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This one is still my favorite!
Aj the Ravenous Reader

Normally, I congratulate myself for finishing a 500 + page novel but after reading 734 pages of this book, my only reaction was “How could it already be over?”The more I read Harry Potter, the harder I fall in love with J.K. Rowling. I couldn’t grasp how she could make this most fantastic series with the most complex and most expertly planned out plot, you could tell she was so sure of the story the moment she started writing the first book. Her attention to detail is more than impressive and th
Darth J
Nov 24, 2015 Darth J rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Death had always been a major theme of these books, but Goblet of Fire was really the turning point of the whole series. Not only did Voldemort return, but we found out that the Wizarding World is much larger, and (view spoiler).

The characters become more real yet are still stuck in flux between child and adult, which is apropos seeing as how this book is literally in the middle of the series.
Mohammed Arabey
Mar 10, 2016 Mohammed Arabey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

في سوريا والعراق ظهر قادة الدولة الإسلامية "داعش" يغزون مدنهما يخرجون من ليس منهم,من ليس "إسلاميا" مثلهم من بيوتهم ومدنهم… يقتلون وينحرون رأس من يقف أمامهم, من يختلف عنهم في الدين أو المذهب وحتي الرأي أحيانا..من ليس مثلهم لا يحق له العيش في الدول التي يفتحونها أو ينتووا فتحها

وعلي مقربة منهم ,مكانيا, في فلسطين هناك الصهاينة ,يتغلغلون بأراضيها يخرجون من ليس منهم, من ليس يهوديا صهيونيا من بيوتهم واراضيهم..يقتلون ويقصفون بيوت من يقف أمامهم ,من ليس صهيونيا أو يهوديا هو أقل منهم شئنا...هم الساميون أسم
Wendy Darling
I'm apparently the crankiest person on earth, because this was my least favorite Potter book yet. (AZKABAN being my favorite!) It's mostly because:

1. There is too much tournamenting for my taste.
2. I hate the house elves. :O
3. The word "quietly" is egregiously overused. It loses its effectiveness because it appears so often.
4. There are moments when Harry and Ron behave like stereotypical stupid boys (I know, I know, they're 14...doesn't mean I can't be annoyed with them.)

The book gets an extra
Maureen
Dec 21, 2015 Maureen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread in December 2015 for #HarryXmasToYou

Seriously so many things I forgot because it's so different from book to movie! It's so good still though. I loved Dobby in this book.

Reread in December 2014 for #HarryXmasToYou

Again, so great. Lots of things I forgot! Like Ludo Bagman as a character, the Weasley's coming to be Harry's family for the third task, and just how things actually happen in the book since it varies in the movie. Things start to get dark after this book!
Brina
Mar 30, 2016 Brina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads, j-k-rowling
This is at least the 10th time I have read Harry Potter. I feel like I am doing a disservice writing a review of this book. That being said, I usually reread the entire series around this time of year when I am waiting for spring to start. It is like revisiting an old friend and brings a warm feeling to my heart. In my last review, I equated reading Potter to warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top, basically the ultimate comfort read.
My favorite section in this book occurs in the last 150
Andie (_HalfBl00dPrincess)
I've read this series more times than I can even remember. But every time it feels like the first time all over again. There's always certain details that I forget between my re-reads and movie watching and it's great to revisit and remember why this is one of my favorites of the series. I loved how much foreshadowing is in it and knowing what's coming, certain parts just break my heart. I decided to do the audio book by Jim Dale for the first time ever. Oh my was it great! Definitely recommend ...more
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)
Rating: {}

THIS BOOK GUYS. THIS BOOK.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire has ALWAYS been my favorite Harry Potter movie of all time and I can finally say with great ease that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is also my FAVORITE HARRY POTTER BOOK OF ALL TIME.

I don't even know where to start! This book was just absolutely MAGNIFICENT beyond words.

I LOVED the Quidditch World Cup.

I LOVED that we got to see a few of the other Wizarding schools.

I LOVED the Triwizard Tournament.

I LOVED the Yule
Susan
Sep 04, 2007 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now THAT'S a book! The groove that J.K. Rowling starts to find in HP 3 is fully realized in 4. Partly it's that the kids (and therefore the readers) are getting older so she can delve into more adult, complex themes and situations, and partly it's that I think she's really finding her voice. We finally got our very own HP's, I am happy to report, and it's so funny to look at them all side by side b/c of the HUGE leap in size between 3 and 4. Then they get a little tricky b/c while 4 and 5 look t ...more
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
FINALLY ready to get back to this. I actually listened to the first 150ish pages last weekend when I was on the road, and I didn't kneel over. Of course, Snape's not been mentioned yet, so we'll see . . . *crosses fingers*

Juliana Zapata
Jun 02, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Como todo el mundo me advirtió este libro estuvo más oscuro y la historia se complicó bastante. Ame leer como empieza la adolescencia de los personajes, los celos de cada uno en determinadas situaciones y la forma en que afrontaban estas situaciones.

Amando profundamente la historia y a todos sus personajes, leerlos crecer ha sido maravilloso

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Councillor
Believe it or not - yes, I finally read the fourth book in the Harry Potter series, a book which made me anticipate the next three installments in the series even more eagerly. A Harry Potter book is no book you simply read; it is a book you are allowed to live in. I don't know any fantasy world which feels as realistic as this one. While the first three books were comparatively short, this one was - so far - the longest with 766 pages. 766 pages? It felt like 300, considering my pace while rush ...more
(9 3/4) Gerasimos Kyritsis
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Katya
Here be warned: This review contains cursing.

Greetings, loved ones, and let us talk of a young witch named Hermione Granger.

Hermione is, and always has been, a delight to read. Not necessarily because she's a girl, but because she is the only character amongst those 14 year olds who actually has a good head on her shoulders.

When I was young and gullible, I hated this book. Hated how it killed off Cedric and how bloody the series got afterwards. I hated it enough to renounce the franchize. Now
Evgeny
Feb 02, 2016 Evgeny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Harry Potter's fourth year at Hogwarts. His enemies still want to kill him (what else is new?) and this time they use a very elaborate scheme to do just that. Poor Boy Who Lived have to fight ever more difficult challenges on the top of his ever more difficult classes.

In case somebody still did not get a clue that the series left children book territory in the end of the previous book, this one begins with a chapter seemingly taken straight from an adult horror story instead of showing Harry's m
Inge
Could you be any more perfect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Kiki
Oct 27, 2015 Kiki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel like I've been stabbed. Right in the feels. There are tear stains all over the last 60 pages.

Jesus, I need to take a nap for a year after that.
P
Feb 28, 2016 P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“It is my belief... that the truth is generally preferable to lies.”

Re-read - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire largely steps up from the previous ones, it's the darkest book I've ever read since Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Who knows ? Harry Potter grows up and becomes a boy who has to take his responsibility on shoulders, he never wants to be selected, he never wants glory and prestige, yet the world turns against him anyway.

I love how this book isn't a children's book anymore, i
Franco  Santos
Feb 14, 2016 Franco Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excelencia pura. Me encantó. Creo que este es mi favorito de la saga por ahora. En Harry Potter y el Cáliz de Fuego se desarrolla una prosa más madura y oscura. No puedo decir nada más; mi amor por este libro es indescriptible.

—Saludémonos con una inclinación, Harry —dijo Voldemort, agachándose un poco, pero sin dejar de presentar a Harry su cara de serpiente—. Vamos, hay que comportarse como caballeros... A Dumbledore le gustaría que hicieras gala de tus buenos modales. Inclínate ante la muerte
Kate ♡
Sep 27, 2015 Kate ♡ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BLOG POST REVIEW:

Actual Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Ah, J.K. Rowling truly is a genius! The way this book is moulded together is a true art and masterpiece. It continues to baffle me how one could come up with such an incredible story like this, simply from their own mind.

In this novel, we begin to see the start of Ron and Hermione’s future relationship, and it was so cute to read about Ron’s obvious jealousy.

This book really set up the eerie tone for the next book
Jason Koivu
Jul 21, 2015 Jason Koivu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
If the "shit got real" in the last book, well, in this fourth book shit got unreal.

Goblet of Fire took the series forward and yet in tone it felt like a regression to the first two books. Certainly it is darker and slightly more mature in subject matter. However, there's a lingering "freshman" feel which I blame on the inclusion of the Tri Wizard Tournament. It seemed out of place at this point in the story.

I have no problem with the idea that the wizarding establishment didn't believe (or want
Nanna
Mar 15, 2016 Nanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book! How did little me read this and be okay? I would have been freaking out man! Thank god I know how this series ends hahah

"YKW IS BACK?!" Omg. THEYRE ALL GONNA DIE! Everyone is gonna die!! Life on earth is over!!!!"

That's what I probably should have thought.

I love all of the parts with Dobby :) and hermione was even better in this one!! I still hate Snape and Gosh, you jerk! Sirius made my heart all warm and fuzzy and the Weasleys, I can't. They're family goals!
Etnik
Aug 22, 2015 Etnik rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FAVORITE OF THE SERIES.
sweet jane
May 07, 2016 sweet jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Το Κύπελλο της Φωτιάς είναι μέχρι στιγμής το αγαπημένο μου από τα τέσσερα πρώτα. Όπως και στον Αιχμάλωτο του Αζκαμπαν, έτσι και εδώ, οι σελίδες του βιβλίου είναι γεμάτες από δράση και ένταση, αλλά και από αλληγορίες γύρω από τις αρετές της δικαιοσύνης και της αγάπης.

Προσωπικά, αισθάνομαι ότι τα πράγματα σκοτεινιάζουν και δεν βλέπω την ώρα να διαβάσω και τα επόμενα βιβλία. Ειδικά τώρα που είμαι εν λευκώ, μιας και δεν έχω δει καμία από τις τελευταίες ταινίες!
Harry Potter Fans : Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire 5 24 Jun 28, 2016 06:22PM
Around the Year i...: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by J.K. Rowling 20 59 Jun 21, 2016 01:54AM
Who would you like to go to the Yule Ball with? 17 68 Jun 19, 2016 07:38AM
Honors English II...: Book 13-14 Carver 1 1 Jun 08, 2016 07:50AM
  • Trickster's Choice (Daughter of the Lioness, #1)
  • The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1 (Chrestomanci, #1-2)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 1 (Tennis Shoes, #3)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2)
  • Land of Loss (Everworld, #2)
  • The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2)
  • Praise to the Man (The Work and the Glory #6)
  • A Muralha de Gelo (As Crónicas de Gelo e Fogo #2)
  • Ghost Hunter (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #6)
  • The Shamer's Signet (The Shamer Chronicles, #2)
  • Dragonsong (Harper Hall, #1)
  • Enna Burning (The Books of Bayern, #2)
  • Let the Circle Be Unbroken
  • Dark Magick (Sweep, #4)
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • The Book of D'ni (Myst, #3)