Start by marking “The Trouble with Moonlight” as Want to Read:
The Trouble with Moonlight

The Trouble with Moonlight

British spy James Locke has seen some odd events—but nothing quite as fantastical as when, in the midst of a moonlit safe-cracking mission, he witnesses a ruby necklace being spirited away as if by conjurer's trick. Following the jewels leads him to Lusinda Havershaw, who's inherited the talent of turning invisible in the moonlight—at least, the parts of her that are unclo ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published June 3rd 2008 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about The Trouble with Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trouble with Moonlight

Rane
Mar 06, 2010 Rane rated it really liked it
Shelves: keeper, victorian-era
On a moonlit night, British spy James Locke is on a mission that focus on his safecracking skills, but as he hears and sudden noise and hides, he witnesses a necklace floating on it’s on in midair, chasing and later tracking down the necklace leads him to Lusinda Havershaw a
nevidimi who becomes invisible when in the moonlight, now Lusinda is part of the Great Game with Locke whom trains her into being a spy, but as their mission that involves russian spies get’s more heated as to, does the rel
Cheryl
I really enjoyed this book! It combined three of my favorite genres; historical romance, paranormal romance, and romantic suspence!

Lusinda Havershaw is a nevidimi. She becomes invisible when she absorbs the rays from the moon. She uses this to her advantage by running a recovery (not theft!) business. One night while she is recovering an item from a safe, she is spotted, well not her exactly, but the necklace she is recovering is oddly floating through the air.

James Locke is on a mission for Th
Kit★
Sep 01, 2010 Kit★ rated it really liked it
I thought the premise for this story was unique, that's what caught my eye. I liked the characters, even secondary characters had me hoping I'd get to read about them someday. I liked how it was a historical without overloading me with balls and gowns and glittering ton everywhere, it was nice to see a somewhat more normal lifestyle instead of Dukes and Earls dancing all over the place. I thought the love aspect was nicely developed too. All in all a good read.
Bronwyn Rykiert
Lusinda Havershaw has inherited the ability to become invisible in Moonlight. She has been using her ability to recover goods for people for a fee. You could call her a thief, but she prefers what she does to be called recovering. One night when she is recovering some jewellery for a client she comes into contact with James Locke. He does not quite know what he is seeing when he sees the necklace move around on its own, so he follows it to a house.

He sets up a trap to catch Lusinda and gets more
Jenn
Jan 26, 2015 Jenn rated it liked it
This book is about a young lady, Lusinda, who becomes invisible when she soaks up moonlight. When a spy, James, catches her, he convinces her to work with him to retrieve some documents from Russian supporters. It turned to be quite a suspenseful story and fun to read.

There is also the romance and at times while sees invisible. Quite entertaining. The ending was a bit surprising, some things I did not expect which always great to read in a book. Being too predictable is not enjoyable and this bo
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

I picked up this novel looking for something a little different and while the plot was more on the original side I didn’t find myself as impressed with this novel as I thought I would be. Even though I wouldn’t exactly say this is a bad novel I’m extremely picky about regency romance and this one just blends in with the sea of other books of the same genre, only it’s extreme cringeworthienss making it stand out.

I was very unimpre
Jean
This story is cute. It had a lot of potential. The main heroine and her family are very well developed as well as the hero. However, there were a few elements that I just couldn't let go.

First of all, she moves in with him without a female chaperone! This is Regency England. She is unmarried woman. This doesn't fly. First of all, she's so compromised and the servants think of her as a light skirt. Yea, yea. He gives his reasons why he wants her there but they don't work the cover story well eno
Shelly
Jun 22, 2009 Shelly rated it liked it
I_love_a_happily_ever_after
Nov 08, 2012 I_love_a_happily_ever_after rated it really liked it
This is the first Donna MacMeans book for me. I enjoyed it very much. In fact, I enjoyed this book a little too much at times and I found myself skimming ahead to see what was going to happen in the next chapter. I loved the paranormal elements, they were fresh and unique. I also really enjoyed the twist with the younger sister, I did not see that plot thread coming until the Auntie hinted about it. There were a few chapters with head hopping and I had to re-read various scenes a few times to fi ...more
Tina Reid
Oct 31, 2015 Tina Reid rated it liked it
This story is unique. I had the pleasure of meeting Donna MacMeans in Ohio at a writer's conference. She was a delight, and best of all she autographed a copy of her book for me.
Kenzie
Oct 06, 2014 Kenzie rated it it was amazing
Blake and Sinda pulled me right into their journey. This captivating story kept me reading until the end. A fun, sexy and heartwarming tale. Great book.
Christina
May 11, 2014 Christina rated it liked it
Good writing, great research. I like the historical side of the story, but I'm just not that into predictable romances.
Heidi
Apr 30, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it
The premise is cute and fun. Lusinda attempts to support her sisters with the only skill at her disposal. She gets caught by James and the plot thickens. This could be categorized as a light paranormal historical, which I like because I don't want to have to try to figure out the world and the players and who has what exotic powers. Both H/H have good chemistry and the romance is realistic. Yes, as some have pointed out, she moves in with him, which is probably unrealistic for the time. But it i ...more
Heather
Dec 08, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
The Trouble With Moonlight was a great story! The characters were interesting, as well as the plot. I liked that there was a bit of supernatural in it, but it wasn't overwhelming. The story centered around the relationship between the characters, and not just their special abilities. Portia really surprised me. I never would have guessed what happened with her, but I am curious as to how it all turned out.
Bird
Eh. An average read. Nothing sticks out as good or bad. It's one of those books you finish, then the next day you can barely remember how you felt about it. A fluffy time-filler.

James didn't appeal to me as a love interest. I find myself getting annoyed with characters who spend the whole novel fighting their feelings for one reason or another.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Lusinda Havershaw has an interesting gift. She becomes invisible in the moonlight. James Locke is a British spy and recruits Lusinda to assist him with a case.

Interesting concept. Becoming invisible in the moonlight :)
It was a cute, witty read with a touch of suspense. Not overly doused in paranormal. I would certainly recommend it.
Gemma
Jan 12, 2011 Gemma rated it liked it
ReadingWench
Apr 01, 2011 ReadingWench rated it really liked it
I do not like paranormal books at all. This one I picked up because I had liked her other book. I found it quite interesting in the fact that in moonlight she turns invisible. She also uses this gift, forms a buisness, and retrieves things that were stolen from her clients.
Sabrina
Highly recommend for something a little different.I'd read it again. Main characters must deal with things to be kept secret to protect loved ones, and with past horriffic happenings, but through love are able to endure and find happiness. Happiness being something we all want.
Lisa Brick
Aug 15, 2011 Lisa Brick rated it liked it
So the book has everything a Romance novel should have. I would have liked to see more action (not the bedroom kind either) but it seemed to drag a bit. I already knew who the evil guy was before they revealed it at the end. Not sure if I will read another book by this author.
Normalene
May 23, 2009 Normalene rated it it was amazing
Girl goes invisible in the moonlight but her clothes don't so guess what that means - yes no clothes. So she starts a recovery service and adventures ensue when she and a spy for England go after the same safe at the same time. Loved this one, hope there are more.
Aug 23, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
I found the plot, dialogue and romance to be quite weak in this book. Also I thought it was quite short in pages. It could have been really good - the plot sounded great from the synopsis on the back of the book, but the idea was far better than the actual story.

Sara
Aug 09, 2011 Sara rated it liked it
This was a fun read about a woman who goes invisible during moonlight. Lots of political intrigue, betrayal, and of course, the necessary "falling in love" without realizing what's happening. A fun read.
Lilmissmolly
Jul 04, 2012 Lilmissmolly rated it it was amazing
So far this is my favorite of Donna's books. I just love historical fiction with an element of the supernatural that is NOT vamp or werewolf related. I keep waiting for the sequel.... (sigh)
Cassandra
Aug 27, 2008 Cassandra rated it really liked it
I read it in one day. This is a classic style, super-fun paranormal historical romance. Light, enjoyable, and fun.
Xanmarknayden
Aug 28, 2008 Xanmarknayden rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: none of my young girl friends
I actually really loved this book, it was fun and sexy, if you are a young girl I know, this is not the book for you.
Bree
Sep 08, 2010 Bree rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This was a very good book, but when I stopped reading it, I couldn't really seem to get back into it.
Jen
Mar 23, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Simple book that didn't hold my interest much at all.
Mitzi
Fantastic bool
  • The Spy Wore Silk
  • Captive of Sin
  • Spirited Away
  • As Luck Would Have It (Providence, #1)
  • Under Your Spell (Witches of Mayfair, #1)
  • Sighs Matter
  • One Week As Lovers (Somerhart, #3)
  • Fallen (The Prometheus Project, #1)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
  • The Spy Wore Blue (Lord and Lady Spy, #1.5)
  • Prince of Dreams: A Tale of Tristan and Esyllte
  • The Captive
  • My Lord and Spymaster (Spymasters, #2)
  • The Accord
  • Surrender to a Scoundrel (American Heiresses, #6)
  • A Daring Passion
  • Her Scoundrel (Bad Luck Brides, #6)
An award winner author, Donna MacMeans writes witty and seductive historical romance set in the Victorian era.
More about Donna MacMeans...