Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)

Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  646 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The night holds endless pleasures . . . and hides nameless terrors.

As the broom end of her Sybil triad, Merilee Alexander has the sacred duty as a warrior witch of taking out the trash. Lately, though, she’s been a little overwhelmed: Manhattan is a mess. And her prophetic end-of-the-world nightmares aren’t helped by the waking fantasies of love. Or the fact that the objec...more
Published August 26th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Light

Lauren
Bound by Light
4 Stars

Synopsis
The Sibyls are facing their most dangerous foe yet in the form of a demonic power bent on garnering political power. It will take everything that air Sibyl, Merilee Alexander and her OCU partner, Jake Lowell have to defeat this evil enemy but in order to do so they must first come to terns with the secrets and the desires between them.

Review
A sweet romance and an action packed plot with a climax of epic proportions.

Despite the common threads linking the books in thi...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Whew! What a cataclysmic ending to the 'Dark Crescent Sisterhood' series by Anna Windsor. "Bound by Light" is the story of the last of the triad and the most mysterious of the demon brothers.

As the broom of her triad, Merilee is used to being the clean-up crew and she's certainly seen some horrible things. But none of that explains why lately she's have nightmarish dreams and visions of death and destruction. She'd much rather be dreaming about the hunky demon brother standing in front of her in...more
Katie
Benny
So, My thoughts on this book, is that I love The name. Bound by light, how beautiful is that, right?

Secondly the characters have a lot of spice, which I love. I love how Jake is so different, and how his lack of knowledge is so plain to see with the 'Tarzan' quote.

The desire in the book was fiery, the awareness they had between them, and trust. I like that between characters who are warriors.

I absolutely love the Story line, The Idea of Sybils is great and it keeps the reader wanting more, with...more
Stephanie
This is my favorite book in the Dark Crescent Sisterhood series so far. I loved Merilee, I love that she's intelligent, funny, loving and brave. I'm an Air sign myself so I guess that's another reson I feel akin to her. And Jake is such a perfect match for her. I was skeptical at first about them ending up together since this is now the third Lowell brother ending up with a Sybil form the same triad but it worked out so perfectly...eventually. It's definitely not smooth sailing for them though....more
Stephanie
Definitely better than the first two... I couldn't put this book down. This book is the last in the trilogy, all about the third sister, Merilee, who is an air Sybil. Her Sybil sisters, Cynda and Riana, both found true love in the first two books, and now it is her turn.

There were twists I didn't expect and a very god plot. I don't want to give anything away and spoil it for those who have not read the book yet. However, I will say that for me it was a real page turner.

Read the first two, and t...more
Cindy
The conclusion to this series actually worked the least for me although not because it was a bad book. Nick and Cynda definitely had chemistry and I liked him telling off the Mothers who had the nerve to sneer at him after he had helped save them... But eventually it does work out although a lot of good people are killed. The plot introduced in the first book - the death and transformation of Creed and Nick's brother - is resolved. The fourth element of the Sisterhood is reborn...

Order REALLY ma...more
Amanda
Enjoyable read. Would recommend it.
Jess
A nice ending to the trilogy. As the series went on the books also got better. I think there's another trilogy after this one that has characters from a different Sybil Triad, but my library doesn't have the books. Oh well.

This book was about Jake and Merilee. I liked the two together, they had some nice romantic elements, there was a nice amount of action and I liked that the previous characters were still in this book. Overall, a good book.
Mafi
Mais uma grande livro..mais uma vez adorei o girl power (chicks run the world! :D ) e claro que ameeeeeiii o romance dos protagonistas! :P

Muitas emoções fortes, é um livro pesado, tem acção mas muitos sentimentos à flor da pele, a autora é realmente pro à expressar as sensações, parece tudo tão real, parece que conheco todas as personagens, não são ficticias, parecem reais e adoro quando isso acontece, pois é um sinal do grande talento da autora.
StrangeBedfellows
This is my favorite of the Dark Crescent Sisterhood series thus far. Jake is a much more developed character than his brothers, and he's far more interesting and sexy, too. You also get more bang for your buck with this one, since the plot has more going on than the first books. The situation is rather dire for the Sibyls, which makes this one hard to put down. There's love, there's pain, there's violence and magic. What's not to love?
Carolyn F.
I give this book 3.5 stars. I really liked Jake a lot more than Merilee. He's sort of a tortured soul. Merilee's the normal sassy gal that you find in most stories so nothing really new or special. This is the first book I've read in the series. Like usual, I bought a huge lot of books and this was in there. From reading about the other women in this triad, I'm not sure I would like the other books, but who know.
Dana
the final book - and everything does tend to wrap up very well. Again - this book is different enough and developed enough from the other two to make the trilogy interesting. Merilee is a great character but it's really Jacob who goes through the personal journey of discovery to balance his "good" and "bad" sides that make the characters come to life. All around - a good series.
Cyndi
Okay, these books definitely improved with time. I think I'm keeping them but I'm not sure I'm going to keep up with the series. We'll see; maybe if I get bored :)

This story had the most emotional connection with the main couple (probably because the story built up from previous books). This was a great way to end the "sisters'" story.
J.
I really liked this one :) Jake is such a great character and Merlilee was believable--their relationship and it's evolution was nicely done. I also enjoyed Andy's development, though we didn't really -see- it per say. I'm hoping to see more of her :) He overarching storyline is also developing into a much richer experience, which I like.
Haylie
OMG, absolutly LOVED this book! ~SPOILERS!!~ I was sooo glad that Jake put aside his arrogance and got together with Merilee. It kinda made me mad that he pushed her away for so long, at the end the suspence almost killed me with the monster and whether Jake and Merilee would live...but they did soo it was an awesome book!!
Robin
The third book in the series, and enjoyable as the first 2. The male lead is a bit more complex, and we learned more about their paranormal world. It didn't feel like a re-hash of the first two, as often happens with series. Most of the same characters, but from the Air Sybil's perspective this time.
Lisa Foster
The D.C.S. was fun to meet ! And quite sexy. Good 'Old Country' roots to start. When it really was good vs. evil. Not good vs. politically correct. Please write some more Dark Cresent Sisterhood adventures ! Thank you
Nancy
Jul 30, 2011 Nancy added it
Started out slow, but then picked up. Jake hasn't been my favorite male in the series, I liked Nick the best, so that my skew my view a little bit. Whiz bang ending though. I liked it.
Jessie Potts
Bound by Light is on this week's FlashbackFriday pots over at HEA!
Amanda
I have read the other 2 books of her series and have enjoyed them. They are a way to get out of the "real" world.
Filipa
3,5 stars

The best book of the series. But I will not read more books... It didn't get enough of my attention.
Courtney
I think this book took me 2 weeks to read (I usually finish in max 2 days). Won't bother with the rest of the series.
Great trilogy! A nice light "paranormal romance" with action and awesome heroines.
Bradley
Okay, but the story dragged on. Bye! Bye! =)
The Dark Crescent Sisterhood #3
Heather
I truly wasn't impressed with this book
Jessenia
Love this book - love the series...
Chelsea Laviguer
my favorite of all three!
  • Seduce Me in Shadow (Doomsday Brethren, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2)
  • Eternal Moon (Moon, #8)
  • Dawnkeepers (Nightkeepers, #2)
  • Demon's Kiss (Compact of Sorcerers, #1)
  • Edge of Desire (Primal Instinct, #3)
  • My Forbidden Desire (My Immortals #2)
  • Thunder Moon (Nightcreature, #8)
  • Hunter's Salvation (The Hunters, #11)
  • Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2)
  • Immortal Champion (Immortal Brotherhood, #3)
  • Kiss of Fury (Dragonfire, #2)
I'm in my 40's now, and finally living my lifelong dream of loving all my jobs. I still work in psychology, I farm, I write--and I have a blast.

I'm southern by birth, and I've lived in the south most of my life. My foothill farm is beautiful, and I couldn't ask for a better place to live or write. I find inspiration, peace, joy, and beauty in my family, my home, the woods, and the love of all my m...more
More about Anna Windsor...
Bound by Shadow (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #1) Bound by Flame (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #2) Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4) Captive Soul (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #5) Captive Heart (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #6)

“It’s never stupid to be afraid of shit that can kill you.” 0 likes