Start by marking “Bound by Flame (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bound by Flame (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #2)

Bound by Flame (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  658 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Upon returning from a stint undercover with the deadly, highly armed cult, the Legion, Nick Lowell can't believe the changes in his world. He soon has to battle an attraction to Cynda Flynn, a fire Sibyl, and the most deadly battle he has ever faced.
Published July 29th 2008 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Bound by Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by Flame

Julie (jjmachshev)
Yowza, this book is waaayyyyy hot! No pun intended. "Bound by Flame" is Anna Windsor's second book in her 'Dark Crescent Sisterhood' and it's fabulous. Cynda, the fire sybil, fights the Legion, a personal enemy targeting fire sybils, and her own Motherhouse to get her man! And what a man Nick is!! He's half demon, handsome, and hung! What more could a fire sybil ask for?

I loved "Bound by Shadow" so much, I was almost hesitant to read this second book. I was afraid it woulnd't, couldn't be as riv
Lauren
Bound by Flame
3.5 Stars

Synopsis
In order to discover the identity of the killer targeting Fire Sibyls for death, Cynda Flynn must work with Nick Lowell, a former undercover cop with the NYPDs Occult Crime Unit who also happens to be a Curson demon. Nick has his other half under control but how long will that last now that Cynda in next of the killer's list.

Review
Good action scenes and some witty dialogue but the romance is not as engrossing as in Bound by Shadows.

Cynda and Nick are a likeable co
Leontine
Bound By Flame hits it off with pulse pounding action, it erupts from the pages with blazing fury and threw me into the back alley where Cynda and Nick get attacked. One thing's for sure, Anna Windsor knows how to make me sit up and pay attention from the first chapter, cause immediately a new threat is revealed that reeled me into the world of the Sybils again.

When the Sybils loose one of their own the pages seem to scream with emotion, the feeling of loss almost overwhelming but the Sybils po
Falling Off The Shelf
This review was originally posted on my review blog : http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com

Cynda Flynn is a regular fire bug, because it's her choice weapon. Fire flows through Cynda's veins as true as the blood. She is the pestle of her triad, and will do her part in protecting the innocent. She is always prepared for battle. This time she's unprepared, and it's all due to an undercover cop from the NYPD Occult Crime Unit, Nick Lowell. Nick is no ordinary man, in fact, he's half-demon as well,
Stephanie
I will say that these books are quite predicatable (so far) but I very much enjoyed this one despite that. I knew I would enjoy reading about Cynda from the moment I met her in Bound by Shadow. She's funny, independant, strong, caring and loyal. At first I thought it would be too easy and again predictable for Nick and Cynda to end up together with him being the twin brother of Creed, who was the male lead in the first book, but Nick Lowell is quite different from his brother and this story is v ...more
Katie
Tara
The thing about a series is that sometimes you read the same story with minor variations, over and over again. That's okay if you enjoyed the first and have established an interest in the characters. Bound by Flame is the second in a trilogy. I enjoyed the first book so much I bought the next two, basically knowing what I was going to get.

The heroine in Bound by Flame is the one character I didn't particularly care for in the first book. I thought this woman with the gift of flame was too hot-he
Stephanie
This book is much better than the first book entitled "Bound By Shadow". If you can manage to get through the first one without putting it down and stepping away from it indefinitely, you will benefit when reading the second one.

The story and magic behind the Sybils is much easier to understand, easier to follow, and the plot is much clearer. I'm glad I didn't give up on the first book and decided to muddle through it. Maybe I'll pick it up and read it again before reading the next one entitled
Cindy
Great read! Another outstanding action oriented paranormal.

The heroine is the second Sibyl of the triad, a worker of elemental fire magic. When she was six, her parents abandoned her to Motherhouse Ireland where fire sibyls are raised and trained. Now assigned to the Manhattan triad her life is disrupted by Creed's half-demon brother who insists on protecting her from the threat against all fire sibyls and her especially. He also refuses to believe she doesn't DO relationships...

Order REALLY ma
Erinaceina
I really wanted to like this book. I expected to like this book. Unfortunately, it completely failed to draw me in. Cynda setting fire to everything in her vicinity drove me nuts - I kept thinking about how inconvenient it would be, and it jerked me out of the narrative. I was never captivated by the relationship between Cynda and Nick, partially because so much of the book was taken up by battle scenes - the final battle (actually two battle scenes back to back) lasts approximately sixty pages ...more
Annie
Elementally locked in & loaded suspense filled adventure complete with sorcery, kick ass Sybils, sexy demons (and some nightmare ones) bound in a struggle to save lives & tradition all while the reader is seduced with some very hot sex...oops...sexy characters.

I was impressed at how complete this story was. The author doesn't shirk her duties or tie up loose ends quickly. Everything was given its due & went beyond my expectations for where the story would end. I love that! This was
Amanda
I love these characters. This book made me want to become part of their world.
Roxy
This series is much better than i was expecting. The characters are well developed, tightly plotted, intriguing and engaging storyline. Plenty of twists to keep the reader interested. The mothers are quite intimidating. Love the elemental magic part of the story. Enough steaminess for those who want the romance element. The romance blends well into the story without feeling separate or overtaking the action of battles, or mystery of the legion and their demons.
Gypsie Holley
This was better than I expected. Also witty.

Best Quotes from Book:

Cynda> "Sex does not solve all the problems in the universe."
Merilee> "Prove it."

Merilee> "I think I'll buy her a two week vacation in Austin, Texas. Or maybe Houston."
Cynda> "Why Texas?"
Merilee> "Duh? Cowboy butts!"

Haylie
Absolutly loved this book! I can't wait to read the first and last books...I really can't say anything because it was sooo good! Although Mother Keara kinda made me mad when she told Cynda to either choose her friends, powers and family over the man she loved! But it was a happy ending so its all good!!!
Alaina Hulvey
The first book was really hard for me to get into. The second one was worse. I thought this book was boring and too similar to the first book. True I didn't finish it. But I think I'm done with this series before it begins. I didn't think the first story was on it's way to epicness anyway.
Celeste
Even better than the 1st book in this series. Nick and Cynda were so darn HOT together (literally and figuratively!)

I have a new author to add to my favs list! Anna Windsor!!
J.
It was a nice read. Had some nice touches, though I cannot say it was mind blowing. It didn't really bring in much new material in my mind compared to the first book. Yes, we saw a bit more of the legion and Jake, but I don't know... It was entertaining.
Cyndi
This book was definitely better than the first. I was more intrigued by the main characters and their story than I was with the first one. Hopefully, the third one will be even better.

I'm still trying to decide if these are keepers or not.
Robin
Good action, and I like how it built on the first book, but didn't totally depend on it. This one showed us the fire sybils, and I enjoyed it as much as the first. Strong female lead, strong male lead and they both manage to find a balance.
Jess
Surprisingly it wasn't as annoying as the first one. This one featured Cynda, and in the first book I couldn't stand her. The author definitely toned her down in this one. She bordered on being a shrew in the first book.
Dana
Book 2 - also good. Cyndi's personal battle involves learning to trust/love - which is kinda overused, but still a good storyline. I like how the books progress through the overarching storyline with their battles.
Heidi
I enjoyed it but I can't say it was the best I have ever read. Second in a series that I have had a hard time getting into the first.
Jeannette
I liked this more than the first one...I think the background is firmer and not as confusing as in the first.
Vhlicious~V
Very good book, loved the ending....left you kinda hanging but you knew what was going on at the same time
Virna DePaul
Super sexy, fast-paced, unique and engaging story! So glad I found this author.
Filipa
Not as good as I expected but... it was readable.
Lynette Lazaroff
I loved this book! I recommend this and the entire series!
Isabelle Macnider
Perfect balance of good story and good sex.
Amanda
The Dark Crescent Sisterhood #2
  • My Wicked Enemy (My Immortals #1)
  • Seduce Me in Shadow (Doomsday Brethren, #2)
  • In Darkness Reborn (Paladins of Darkness, #3)
  • Warrior Avenged (Sons of the Zodiac, #2)
  • Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Demon's Kiss (Compact of Sorcerers, #1)
  • Storm Kissed (Nightkeepers, #6)
  • Darkfire Kiss (Dragonfire, #6)
  • Edge of Desire (Primal Instinct, #3)
  • Hunter's Salvation (The Hunters, #11)
  • Night Magic (Wing Slayer Hunters, #3)
  • Dark Moon (Nightcreature, #3)
I'm in my 40's now, and finally living my lifelong dream of loving all my jobs. I still work in psychology, I farm, I write--and I have a blast.

I'm southern by birth, and I've lived in the south most of my life. My foothill farm is beautiful, and I couldn't ask for a better place to live or write. I find inspiration, peace, joy, and beauty in my family, my home, the woods, and the love of all my m
More about Anna Windsor...

The Dark Crescent Sisterhood (6 books)
  • Bound by Shadow (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #1)
  • Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3)
  • Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4)
  • Captive Soul (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #5)
  • Captive Heart (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #6)
Bound by Shadow (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #1) Bound by Light (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #3) Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4) Captive Soul (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #5) Captive Heart (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #6)