Start by marking “What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?” as Want to Read:
What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?

What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
This is the perfect book for introducing a young child to the concept of how babies grow. Every month the life-size drawings give parent and child a fantastic opportunity to explore how big the baby is in comparison to everyday objects, along with providing information about the umbilical cord, the womb, and the baby's developments each month.

The flexible paperback binding
Published April 15th 2008 by Henry Holt and Co. BYR Paperbacks (first published July 5th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?

Julius, the Baby of the World by Kevin HenkesThere's Going to Be a Baby by John BurninghamThe New Baby by Mercer MayerWaiting for Baby by Harriet ZiefertI'm a Big Sister by Joanna Cole
New Baby Siblings
41st out of 64 books — 12 voters
Peter's Chair by Ezra Jack KeatsWaiting for Baby by Rachel FullerMy New Baby by Rachel FullerHello in There! by Jo WitekBabies Can't Eat Kimchee! by Nancy Patz
Best Getting Ready for Baby Books
14th out of 16 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Sarah Lane
Aug 02, 2014 Sarah Lane rated it liked it
This is a book for children about pregnancy. The book goes through each month describing what is happening to the baby as it grows. It even compares the size of the baby to different things so children can understand how big it is.
Jen
Nov 22, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pb, siblings, giftlist, baby
I don't know about the science part of the book, but I think it's cool that it's life size. The newborn seems a LITTLE large, but what a great teaching tool.
Heather
Jul 25, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
my 4 yo loves this book and is obsessed with how the baby grows inside a Mommy right now. She kept picking up the Spanish version of this book & thankfully, we finally found the English version which I can actually read!! Age appropriate, cute illustrations, that you can hold up to your belly, a nice amount of facts, and I like the time table of days / weeks on the bottom. I wish I had this when I was pregnant with my 2nd child.
Jen
Dec 26, 2013 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This was good, had lots of facts to help older kids learn about their younger sibling to-be. My one quibble with it is that the pages are supposed to represent the actual size of the baby, but I held it up to my growing belly and there's NO WAY that it's true to life. Maybe I had the extra-large version?
Suzanne
Jun 19, 2008 Suzanne rated it it was amazing
This book is great! It was totally age appropriate and my daughter LOVED the little facts (especially that the baby pees 15 times a day). It teaches about how the baby grows but isn't too long and doesn't use vocabularly I am not yet ready to teach my daughter (like sperm). So good!
Roxanne Hsu Feldman
May 24, 2008 Roxanne Hsu Feldman rated it really liked it
It is fun and full of easily understandable information with little bits of facts presented pleasingly on the pages. The baby-inside-the-tummy life-sized picture on each spread is also informative and not gimmicky at all.
Sharon Lawler
Great treatment of a subject which some children find mysterious or confusing, and some parent try to avoid!
Lupine
Great book on the development of babies. I wish I had discovered this book when my second was on the way!
Andrea Smith
Andrea Smith rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Sascha
Sascha added it
Jan 20, 2016
Tegan Keppel
Tegan Keppel marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Rikki
Rikki rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2015
Owly
Owly added it
Oct 01, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Harriet
Harriet rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Rahni
Rahni rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2015
Oana
Oana marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Melanie Simmons
Melanie Simmons rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Stacey Jeffcock
Stacey Jeffcock marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Anna Mestre
Anna Mestre marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Ruth
Ruth rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Jill
Jill added it
Aug 02, 2014
Sarah added it
Apr 29, 2015
Rebecca Burnett
Rebecca Burnett rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2014