Start by marking “Bandit” as Want to Read:

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Poor Bandit! His toy basket, fuzzy mouse, blanket, and bed are gone. So is his litter box, food bowl, and tuna. Then his owner carries him to the car. What’s happening? Is he going to the vet, or on vacation, or . . . is he moving? Bandit’s adventure comes to life with Vincent Nguyen’s vivid, retro full-page and paneled illustrations featuring graphite pencil, ink, waterco ...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Two Lions

Poor Bandit, his entire home has been packed up around him. No couch, no litter box, no food bowl. He is put into a carrier and immediately knows that he is headed for the vet. But instead he finds himself in an empty house with none of his beloved things! So he heads back out on his own and returns to his house, curling up in the sunny spot he loves. His owner comes to rescue him when the new family throws him out of the house, and when they return to the new home he finds all of his things wai ...more
In this funny story, a cat moves with his owner and does not know where they are going. When they reach the new place, the cat sneaks out, so that he can return to his home, to learn that he has a new home. At first, the cat is scared, but grows to love his new home just as much. This story relates to anyone moving because it can be scary to start something new. In the classroom, I could talk to the students about moving and how it can sometimes be a good thing in the end. At the end of the day, ...more
The illustrations were interesting and kind of good, but didn't really stand out. I did not especially care for the story or the way it was told. I've moved with cats. It isn't fun, but this owner got pretty much everything wrong. Also -- where is the kid for this story?!
My sister has a cat, he disappeared and she said...if he is alive he would find his way we figured he went to the litter box in the sky.

This book has its funny parts. Like "I am a claw abiding citizen" and "Purrfect"

The pictures dots makes it feel like a newsprint comic strip but okay! I like it!
cat was a little too much of an asshole, arrogance ok, cats are arrogant, this came off as worse.
Great artwork, nice big pictures, simple story, inside of cats head. ST on moving?
Sam Bloom
I know you can't really put these things in a children's book: cat pukes; cat hides for hours without coming out; cat refuses to eat; cat claws owner in fit of terror and anxiety; cat leaves scratch marks up and down freshly-painted walls. Nonetheless, any one of these occurrences would have made this story of a cat whose family moves more realistic, and therefore more enjoyable, to me.
Rheta Thola
My 2 year old loves this book. I actually think that the pictures are not that fun, but it seems to be the layout of the book that actually gets her interested. It is about a cat who's owner moves. But the story is broken into different blocks, similar to comic strips. There is a small amount of narration, but it is mostly word bubbles from the cat.
Amy Brown
Bandit doesn't understand why everything is changing and why his owner takes him to a new home. He runs back to his old home only to find that new people live there. Thankfully his owner finds him and brings him back. A moving story told from the point of view of the cat.
Good for cat lovers. The illustrations were just okay and the text got a little cheesey at times. I liked it fairly well though.
cat's owner returns to old house...they are reunited. it was okay. illustrations are in cartoon format.
Kathy Fredrickson
Another on on my shortlist for best picture books, I really enjoyed the story and format of "Bandit."
I'm not a huge fan of the illustrations and comic book style, but other than that it was a decent story.
Comic book panel style illustrations are interesting. The story is a little flat.
Kathryn Carlsen
Kathryn Carlsen marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Kirry added it
Dec 28, 2014
Chelsea Collins
Chelsea Collins marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Karen Rostoker-Gruber
Oct 28, 2014 Karen Rostoker-Gruber rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Karen Rostoker-Gruber’s first picture book, “Rooster Can’t Cock-a-Doodle-Doo,” was published in July 2004 by Dial Books for Young Readers. Her first novelty book, “Food Fright,” was published in October 2003 by Price Stern Sloan. “Bandit” was published by Marshall Cavendish in 2008. “Bandit’s Surprise” and “Tea Time,” and "Ferret Fun," were all published by Marshall Cavendish.

Karen has two new boo
More about Karen Rostoker-Gruber...