Start by marking “InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)” as Want to Read:
InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha, #6)

InuYasha: Wounded Souls (InuYasha #6)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  2,395 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Kikyo, the killer of InuYasha in the distant past, is distraught from the shock of being resurrected, and she must make a decision — whether to return to death for Kagome's sake or hold onto her second chance at life.
192 pages
Published October 1st 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 18th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about InuYasha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InuYasha

Sesana
May 16, 2012 Sesana rated it really liked it
There's actually quite a bit going on here. The Kikyo cliffhanger is resolved (of course, her storyline isn't near done yet), Miroku gets added to the family, and Naraku is revealed as the real Big Bad of the series. Quite a lot of story for one volume. Miroku was never my favorite out of the InuYasha family, and I know that I would really dislike him in real life, but he can at least be funny.
Kasimachi
Dec 04, 2014 Kasimachi rated it it was amazing
This book is really hearth braking mostly for Inuyasha because his first love and killer Kikyo is brought back to life with kogome's soul by a witch.And now she is forced to fight Inuyasha to the death because of her past thoughts of Inuyasha attacking her from the back which was Naraku disguised as Inuyasha to trick Kikyo to blaming Inuyasha for taking the jewel and breaking their trust.Part of Kogomes soul goes back to her and Kikyo is left with a little soul;From then on she uses soul ...more
Ash
Sep 18, 2015 Ash rated it liked it
*This review is for the series as a whole (with a 3 star rating) and will be included on every volume for my own organizing purposes.*
This will probably be the longest review I've ever written, and for that, I apologize. I have a lot to say and despite the character limit, it will be said.
InuYasha is honestly a classic in the sense that the anime is well-loved, the manga is typically well-loved, it was original-ish when it was first published, but it went on way too long. It's a 56 volume series
Sabrina
Dec 14, 2008 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
The story begins in Feudal Japan, when InuYasha, a half-demon (han'yō), steals the Jewel of Four Souls from a village. The Jewel of Four Souls is an item that can increase one's powers enormously and can also turn InuYasha full demon. InuYasha does not get far before Kikyo, the young miko of the village, shoots him with a sacred arrow that indefinitely seals him onto Goshinboku, a sacred tree in the nearby forest. After being mortally wounded, Kikyo tells her younger sister, Kaede, to burn the ...more
Cat
Mar 20, 2014 Cat rated it liked it
Joti
Apr 12, 2016 Joti rated it it was amazing
Rachel
Kaotic
Jun 30, 2015 Kaotic rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, online
We get to see even more confirmation that Kagome is special in a world of freaks and demons. She is able to purify the tainted shards of the Shikon Jewel. (Something that everyone knows if they've watched or read any part of the series - I'm hoping to get caught up to where I was soon, but I have a lot more to go).

Anyway - the Shikon fragments are capable of being corrupted by the evil spirits in those who wield the fragments. Upon seeing the fragment Miroku, the inappropriate monk, can see imme
Lauren
Feb 09, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What first drew me to this series was the romantic historical aspect. I loved how a modern day girl gets pulled back into the past. I don't know what it is about those stories that attract me so much, maybe it is the difficulty for the girl of fitting in and having to rely on the guy so much to be able to get along in the world.

I also really liked the group aspect to this series and the corresponding relationships that affect each of the characters.

I would really recommend this series to fans of
Starbubbles
Nov 05, 2010 Starbubbles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aug 20, 2015 Sarah rated it really liked it
Save Kagome (view spoiler). Reasoning it is...InuYasha is a dumbass, but we already knew this. Kagome survives by her own willpower alone.

Here we meet Monk, the man with a blockhole in his hand (basically). After a little tussle, Monk and InuYasha join forces to defeat an army made by a painter that paints with blood...
Miriam
Nov 28, 2015 Miriam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, graphic
This started with the Kikyo cliffhanger story from band 5. At first I felt like my interest waned a bit after that. Miroku didn't seem like a very interesting new character, and maybe I had read these too close together... But then as always it got more complex that I had expected and some important plot points were introduced.
Christina
Oct 28, 2013 Christina rated it liked it
There is something more pulling Inuyasha and Kagome to each other than just their quest for the Shikon Shards, this becomes evident when Kagome's soul is stripped from her and Kikyo is revived.
It has been proven that Kagome is the reincarnation of Kikyo!
Now Inuyasha must choose between letting Kikyo die and by doing so, resurrect Kagome, or will he save Kikyo and leave Kagome to die?
Caroline
Oct 08, 2007 Caroline rated it liked it
Another volume that introduces a recurring character, a monk with a cursed hand that serves as a black hole. I liked the idea behind the curse, and the tie-in with Inu Yasha's past should lead to some fun storylines in the future volumes. Also looking forward to more information regarding Kikyo.
Yue
Nov 06, 2015 Yue rated it really liked it
Another new introduction, Miroku, a monk with a powerful hand. I like that Inuyasha is not alone anymore in the battles. Too bad his story with Kikyou... Kagome would be, what, the replacement?

Also, a new villain, Nakaru. Maybe THE villain?
Candice Snow
Jul 16, 2016 Candice Snow rated it it was amazing

Miroku is finally here! Everyone's favorite perverted monk!

miroku photo: Miroku! Miroku.png
jenny
This volume introduces the perverted monk Miroku, who is a favorite character of mine. The Chapter title I love is"Monk on the Make". Too funny! There's lots of good banter between Inuyasha and Kagome which always makes me smile.
Julie
More Kikyou arc, plus the introduction of Miroku. Also, we find out who the big baddie is that they'll spend the series tracking down. Wheee!
Desi Ariyanis
Oct 11, 2014 Desi Ariyanis rated it really liked it
'You got to see me naked, so you should think of it as a pavor, right?!"  I like Inuyasha's face when Kagome said this 
Fumphwoog, Lady of all Sorrows
Sep 24, 2008 Fumphwoog, Lady of all Sorrows rated it really liked it
Pretty good, some random weird stuff in it... but I like all of the different types of demons in it. :)
Ernest
Aug 09, 2011 Ernest rated it liked it
The introduction of a new character who will later come to be a travelling companion is the major plot development of the series. Apart from that, this is another standard of this series.
Lanie
Yay! Finally met miroku! Totally love him! XD and all this new drama with kiko and inuysasha? Awesome!!!!!! Talk about deepening the plotline! :) and who is this mysterious naurko? >:)
Nick Therrien
J'ai beaucoup aimé la fin de l'arc de Kikyo, ainsi que l'introduction de Miroku, par contre, je n'avais aucun intérêt pour l'arc avec le dessinateur...
romanoff
romanoff rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Dustin Frazee
Dustin Frazee rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2010
Christina Lavin
Christina Lavin rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2013
Meagan
Meagan rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2016
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it it was ok
May 13, 2009
  • From Far Away, Vol. 05
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 4 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #10)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 2: Oracle
  • Red River, Vol. 4 (Red River, #4)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 25
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United
More about Rumiko Takahashi...

InuYasha (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1)
  • InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2)
  • InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)
  • Inuyasha, Volume 01 (VIZBIG Edition)
  • InuYasha: Lost and Alone (InuYasha, #4)
  • InuYasha: Flesh and Bone (InuYasha, #5)
  • InuYasha: Close Enemies (InuYasha, #7)
  • InuYasha: Stolen Spirit (InuYasha, #8)
  • InuYasha: Building a Better Trap (InuYasha, #9)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)