Start by marking “God Child 8” as Want to Read:
God Child 8

God Child 8 (Godchild #3)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  1,555 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Godchild series is the sequel to the Cain Saga, involving the further adventures of Cain, Earl of Hargreaves, his butler Riff, and the sinister Delilah society.

A grotesque gift holds a clue to the Cain family past; a mortician's daughter has deadly designs on one of Cain's closest friends; and a woman from Riff's past may have murder on her mind. Enjoy three new tales
Published May 2005 by Carlsen Comics (first published June 19th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about God Child 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Child 8

Strangerealms
I think The Cain Saga, and its sequel Godchild, have the most messed up and tragic characters I've seen so far. It's dark, it's gloomy. Don't expect happy endings in these two mangas, dead bodies keep pilling up. All the characters are so complex.

The Cain Saga art is not as good as Godchild, one can guess the artist art was not mature yet unlike when she made Godchild much later. Still it's a must to read to fully understand what happens in Godchild. There are a lot of good contents to find ther
Shannon
I feel kind of disappointed after reading this. The other two volumes were amazing, but this fell flat to me. The artwork was still really pretty. However, I have to admit that plotwise it was a bit boring. The eerie plots that I'd come to love were non-existant in this volume. I missed the creepy nursery rhyme themed short stories. The mortician's daughter story was the only high point and even that was underwhelming considering the previous plots.

I was confused for a great portion of the mang
Eugenia Argerami
I have no idea what to say. This series is really confusing, but I think this one might have been the best out of the three that I read. It was a whole lot less violent, and slightly easier to understand.
amelia cavendish
This volume gets five stars simply for the last tale, The Stake, which tells us more of Riff's backstory and shows just how devoted he is to Cain. I loved it!

I enjoyed the other stories too. Zigeunerweisen features Cain's father and his organisation, Delilah trying to take someone Cain loves away from him. Fortunately they don't succeed and Cain and the person involved become closer as a result of the assassination attempt. Talk about a plan gone badly awry, Delilah!

The Mortician's Daughter is a
Monica
This third volume definitely picked up the pace. Everything was starting to be set in motion in this one, and I'm really beginning to enjoy all the murders and horrific back stories.
Anna
The whole bit with Uncle Neil's motives in the beginning happened too fast - I couldn't engage with the story.

I found the Mortician's Daughter to be far more fascinating. I wish that story had lasted longer, and I hope sometime in a future volume, we will find out Delilah's intentions behind the Coffin Maker.

Riff's small story was also too short to get me engaged. Yuki has fallen back on stuffing too many short stories into one volume, instead of concentrating on one large, well-developed story.
These books are so hard for me to review but what I can say is that they just keep getting better. :) I feel like I'm going to have to re-read them because so much has happened already and characters are introduced so quickly that I have trouble keeping straight who's who. Looking forward to trying to get my hands on and read some of Cain's back story. That might have been a little more helpful for me to follow the series had I read some of those first. However that is not to say that it is nece ...more
Shannon
See review of vol. 1
Ramona
May 17, 2010 Ramona is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: godchild
16/30
Wendell
Wendell is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Nichole Dawn Romero
Nichole Dawn Romero is currently reading it
Dec 07, 2014
Juana
Juana marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
  • Descendants of Darkness, Volume 10
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Volume 09
  • Tokyo Babylon, Vol. 03
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 4
  • Alichino (Alichino, #3)
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...