Start by marking “Fairy Cube, Vol. 03” as Want to Read:
Fairy Cube, Vol. 03

Fairy Cube, Vol. 03 (Fairy Cube #3)

Ian used to just see dead people. Now he is one. Trapped inside his own body by the Fairy Cube, Ian must now figure out how to stop the devious spirit Tokage from taking over his life, stealing his girl and ruining any chance he ever has of resurrection.

Will Ian save Rin? Can he stop Tokage? Ian has one chance left to get his life back! Plus ? includes the full story of Ps

Published November 4th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Cube, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Cube, Vol. 03

Holly Interlandi
Nov 18, 2008 Holly Interlandi rated it really liked it
Reasons I love Kaori Yuki, #2934: I have to read every page at least twice to figure out what is actually transpiring. And once I get it, the revelations don't stop.
Une.rose
Aug 17, 2010 Une.rose rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Kaori Yuki's daring and originality within this medium is evident.

This is perhaps why, despite the short-cuts and abysses of explanation as to various story lines (background and concurrent alike), she deserves to be lauded as a risk-taker.

The helter-skeltered nature of this final volume detracts only marginally from the gestalt of the trilogy: a sweeping and wondrous gesture of myth-meets-modernity saga.

NB: Within this series, there is mention of abuse and implied sexual assault (attempted or
Mar 09, 2014 Laura rated it liked it
Shelves: 漫画
3.5

I liked this story well enough, and I liked the references to fairy/mythic culture. The characters were kind of one-note, and introduced in such a way that it became really confusing as to who was doing what, and who they were working for/with, etc. Animation is gorgeous, and very nice effects with the supernatural elements (fairy wings look totally awesome).

But, my major gripe is this: I think it's a bit of a cop-out when a character that is evil for the whole series suddenly redeems themsel
Casie25
Apr 06, 2010 Casie25 added it
Shelves: 2010
Ian is a boy who can see strange things since he was born, fairies, to be specific. His dad hates him for this ability because his mother claims that she can see fairies, and has left him. In the meantime, there are murdering cases going on, where the victim's back is slit opened, with blood spurting out, they called it "The Fairy Murdering Case". Following these mysteries, Ian ends up in an antique store with a weird guy and a doll and somehow, he is trapped in the fairyworld and must find a ...more
Elizabeth Moore
Oct 17, 2014 Elizabeth Moore rated it it was amazing
Very confusing series and the ending didn't sum it up very well but it was a nice ending. Though confusing I actually liked it because it made me focus more. I was like, "What?" and then, "What?" and finally, "Oh! What?"
Angelina Justice
Mar 30, 2011 Angelina Justice rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, graphic-novel, manga
Meh.....it wraps up nicely but I just can't give it the stars. You have to spend so much time trying to figure our the character transitions that the story stutters.

Great for a starry eyed middle school girl, but not much to speak for otherwise.
Stéphanie
Feb 08, 2014 Stéphanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Fairy Cube ou tous les travers de Kaori Yuki en trois tomes. Une narration brouillonne, des personnages qui se ressemblent tous, des retournements de situation tout les 2 pages et une fin bâclée. Reste juste de très beaux dessins, mais cela ne suffit pas pour faire un bon manga.
Amy
Jun 09, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Luckily this was just a three volume manga. This last book brought some of the concepts together, but by the time it felt like I was getting a hang on this alternate world the story was over. Overall, I do not feel that the story was bad, just needed a lot of work and flushing out.
Veronika KaoruSaionji
Jan 21, 2010 Veronika KaoruSaionji rated it it was amazing
Sweet (but very dramatic and interesting) fantasy about celtic myths, children of fairies (elves) and wars of fairies (elves) and gods in modern times. With relative happy ending. I like it. :o)
Mazohyst
Jan 15, 2011 Mazohyst rated it really liked it
Kaori Yuki's art never ceases to amaze me. Everything is just so beautifully drawn. This last volume has to be my favourite volume in the series. The bonus story at the end was a nice touch as well.
William
May 09, 2009 William rated it really liked it
I like happy endings. Many things were explained, even if the unfolding was a bit confusing. However, I did like the mythology portrayed in the series.
Kerry
Feb 10, 2009 Kerry rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, fae
This last book seemed really really chaotic and I suddenly had trouble following the characters, but the bonus story was good and of course the art from K.Yuki is always awsome.
Brittany
Dec 16, 2014 Brittany rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I like this series a lot, but its so short. I feel that the characters and plot could have had much more depth if it were longer.
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2015
Kirby Bezan
Kirby Bezan rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2009
Eme San
Eme San rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Saren
Saren rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2011
Nu
Nu rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Trisha
Trisha rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Bellis
Bellis rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2011
Shiki
Shiki rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2014
Slytheringirl
Slytheringirl rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2015
Lina
Lina rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Morgan
Morgan rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2009
ribbonknight
ribbonknight rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2010
terrance
terrance rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2010
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2011
Krissie
Krissie rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Mizuki
Mizuki rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2013
  • Tendre Voyou Vol.3
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 02
  • The Queen's Knight, Volume 2
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Kaori Yuki (see also 由貴 香織里) is a female Japanese manga artist best known for her gothic manga such as Earl Cain, its sequel Godchild, and Angel Sanctuary. Yuki debuted in 1987 with Natsufuku no Erii (夏服のエリー) which ran in the manga anthology Bessatsu Hana to Yume published by Hakusensha.

Her work is typically serialized in one of Hakusensha's two shōjo manga anthologies, Bessatsu Hana to Yume and
More about Kaori Yuki...