Start by marking “Heroes: Volume Two” as Want to Read:
Heroes: Volume Two

Heroes: Volume Two (Heroes Graphic Novels)

Ordinary people and their extraordinary tales come to life in this volume - people who can instantly learn new skills just by watching them, or snap out charges of electricity to elicit pleasure or pain, or have the power to kill people by invading their minds.
Published November 25th 2008 by WildStorm (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heroes

Caroline
The main strength of the graphic novel series for Heroes is the development of the side characters, rather than the main characters of the series. In this volume, I was happy to see a whole lot more information on The Haitian, as well as Adam--they're two characters I was really interested in, but they never were given much development on-screen, so it was really nice to pick this up and read more about them. I was pretty disappointed with how Adam disappeared entirely too quickly from the show ...more
Elin Nilsson
Sep 11, 2016 Elin Nilsson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, 2016, comics
These two volumes basically just collect the webcomics that were published during the show's run. These comics show the background to a lot of side characters that you don't get to know much about in the show. For example I really enjoyed getting to know Candice (mostly because I can relate to her), and then of course learning how Ando and Kimiko came around to dating. I was kind of sad to learn that the rest of the comics weren't released as further volumes. Apparantly vol. 3 was set to be rele ...more
Andrew
Aug 25, 2014 Andrew rated it liked it
This was a totally unexpected purchase at a local charity shop - and in perfect condition, I love these kinds of discoveries.

Anyway the book, it is basically in the same format as the first volume - a series of short stories with the characters from the series filling in events before and after the episodes from the relevant series. And that is where I have a problem. It has been a long time since I saw the series and some elements of it I have forgotten what is worse I never got to these the la
Anni
Mar 15, 2010 Anni rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God I love this shit.
I am such a dork.
You know I watched the entire second season in one day?
Then had to buy this the next day?
Then read the entire thing?
I refused to watch season 3 til I had read this.
But the third graphic novel volume doesn't come out til NEXT JANUARY?
That means I will HAVE TO WATCH SEASON FOUR WITHOUT READING THE THIRD GRAPHIC NOVEL.
This is so tragic, I might just DIE.
I have to watch Season 3, but but . . I NEED the graphic novel for it too!

I actually saw someone who looked
Chris
Aug 29, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After just finishing Volume One, dove right into Volume Two. Two was also a bunch of really fun stories. Biggest disappointment with the series is that the rest of the webcomics didn't get published in paper. I know they're available online so will get to the rest eventually.

For Heroes as a series in general I really enjoyed the TV series even though after season one the show wasn't as amazing. I thought it was a really good attempt at making a live action comic book and had there been an on-goi
oxana
Apr 24, 2011 oxana rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the tv show Heroes
4 stars.

Unlike Volume 1, this collection of online comics had more random, irrelevant stories.

Still, a must-read for all Heroes fans because it expands the story and life of the characters we've seen on TV in a wonderful way.

The art varied a little: sometimes you could recognize the actor from TV, and other times you would just have to guess and wait for them to tell who they were telling about. Yet the art always came secondary to the story.
J.
Jan 19, 2011 J. rated it it was ok
Only for the hardest-core of fans (which I was, during season 1 and half of season 2), this is incredibly inconsistent. At its best, it shines a nice light onto some of the unexplained mysteries and minor characters of the show. At its worst, it's unrelated, poorly written, and with poor art--almost unbearable.
Nov 03, 2015 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I loved this volume so much more than the first one! The Haitian's back story with his father in their village, Candice's teenage years, the wives of Takezo Kensei and learning more about Noah and Elle's earlier cases were among my favorites. I'd recommend both volumes to any fans of the show but if you don't love Volume 1 (it was just ok for me), don't give up.
Bristol
I first read this book before watching the series, and it didn't make any sense. I was angry that I didn't get any of it - but then I watched the series, and it (of course) makes much more sense. I really enjoyed it and the back story of the different characters was very interesting! The art was amazing as well - the different styles are very cool to look at!
Sketching Girl
An entertaining read, and for me, some stories were better than others. Some stories seemed to go nowhere and you wish there was more to them. Heroes Volume 1 had a much better collection of short stories for my liking. So still good for fans of the series, but I would have liked all the stories in Volume 2 to be as good.
Shannon Appelcline
Most of this book contains origin stories and background stories which aren't particularly exciting. A scant few strips that connect with the episodes are a bit better, and at the end several strips seems to be building toward their own storyline containing Linderman ... but then the volume just stops.
Cardinal
Jul 08, 2009 Cardinal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
There's stuff about Claude in this book.
Claude, as we all know, is played by Christopher Ecclston, who also played the Doctor on the BBC's Doctor Who in 2005.

So, as Doctor number nine would say, "Fantastic!!!"
Megan
Jul 23, 2014 Megan rated it it was amazing
If you enjoyed the television series Heroes, then I highly recommend you check out the two graphic novels! They are fantastic! Great stories that extremely well drawn! It's fun to learn more about some of the characters that you've come to know along the way!
Stacie
Aug 03, 2010 Stacie rated it liked it
I know it's been awhile since I've seen season 2 of Heroes, but this book made me feel lost. T times I didn't recognize characters and had no idea how some of the stories related to the show. Slightly disappointed!
Craig
Dec 26, 2008 Craig rated it liked it
I thought the overall writing and art quality on this volume was better than the first, but it was still a bit spotty.

Entertaining for fans of these characters. I wouldn't put it up on any literary pedestal, though...
Kelly José
Aug 09, 2009 Kelly José rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found myself glued to this book when I read it, and I enjoyed it a lot from cover to cover. In my opinion, it was even better than the first volume.

Another high recommendation for any Heroes fans who want something extra with the storyline.
Joan
Well Heroes is my favourite thing in the world, so. This graphic novel really gives such a great look into the backstories of the characters and I especially loved the one of Will (that's his name right? flying boy) and his whole robots/aliens thing. so much. :)
Rachel
Feb 05, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it
Actually 3.5 stars... Definitely for fans of the show. Loved the backstory developments of several characters & introduction of characters that aren't on the show, yet inhabit the world, are intriguing. Worthwhile!
Caitlin
I can't actually remember exactly when I finished reading this; sometime late in 2014. Good collection, a lot of interesting side stories and characters.
Lucy
Jul 05, 2009 Lucy rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Heroes fans, if there are still any in the world.
Shelves: adult, graphicnovels, 2009
Not very satisfying. A few interesting stories, but largely underwhelming. I was intrigued by Linda Tavara, who seems to be almost a female Syler, but we barely got a taste of her. Sigh.
Tricia
Jun 19, 2010 Tricia rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Not as good as the first one - kind of like the show. Some of the stories were really really good, but most seemed to end abruptly or tell me things I didn't care about.
Ivy
Oct 07, 2009 Ivy rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Heroes Fans
This was better than the last. Totally worth the wait. Check it out, it answered a lot of questions i had after watching the show.
Helen
Sep 28, 2015 Helen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I enjoyed this as much as the first volume. It is a real shame that further volumes do not appear to have been published
Louise Colclough
Louise Colclough rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2016
Hemisha
Hemisha rated it it was ok
Dec 14, 2013
angela
angela rated it did not like it
Jun 19, 2012
Silvia
Silvia rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Sebastian
Sebastian rated it really liked it
May 21, 2009
Lily Chong
Lily Chong rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2014
  • Heroes: Volume One
  • Transformers Spotlight, Volume 1
  • Blue Beetle, Vol. 4: End Game
  • The Walking Dead: The Governor Special
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (The Force Unleashed, #2)
  • Countdown to Final Crisis, Vol. 3
  • Outsiders, Vol. 3: Wanted
  • Captain America: Hail Hydra
  • Star Wars Omnibus: A Long Time Ago...., Vol. 2
  • Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace
  • The Dream Thief (Abadazad, #2)

Heroes Graphic Novels (2 books)
  • Heroes: Volume One