Start by marking “Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit” as Want to Read:
Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit

Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The 27th book in the best-selling Pure Gold Classics. Editor James Snyder has compiled some of Tozer's greatest works on the Holy Spirit, including a free audio CD of Tozer's sermons.
Published January 1st 2007 by Bridge-Logos

To ask other readers questions about Tozer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tozer

Barry
A. W. Tozer was not a man to mince words and spoke what he believed to be the truth of God's Word and leave the rest up to God. This book is a collection of sermons he preached at the Alliance Church he pastored in Toronto.

It is so far similar to Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God, in that it is not about being 'charismatic' but is about allowing the Holy Spirit his rightful place as followers of Christ. It is a call to recognize his person, authority, and role in our lives as we seek to live fo
Paul
This collection of sermons by A.W. Tozer on the Holy Spirit was refreshing in many ways. First I have spent too little time reading about and studying about the Holy Spirit. I'm troubled that I've not really ever been taught much about this third person of the holy trinity Godhead. I recommend it to all.
This collection of sermons were bold and are timely as though being written today about the church. I found myself gasping for air at times over how current these messages are.
Tozer brought thin
Keegan Hatt
I feel bad giving it 2 stars, but I cannot reconcile the first six chapters with what I see in scripture with respect to being filled with the Spirit. Chapters 7-10 were incredible and every Christian should read them.
Clara Roberts
The first half of the book was not very good but the last have of the book made it worth the read.Interesting quotes are "Christianity stands or falls on Jesus Christ ... with the the illumination of the Holy Spirit." Tozer says that Christianity should be spiritual with social overtones.
Mary Hamilton
A collection of sermons by one of Christianity's best. His humor and wit comes across and I could almost hear him preaching, though I've never actually heard his voice. I recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn more about the Holy Spirit and his role in the life of Christians.
Cate
great insight and reminders of how to cultivate the relationship between myself and the Holy Spirit
Brandon
Surprisingly bad, at least the first 50 percent. I cant go on.
Sahr Ngewoh-Tana
Sahr Ngewoh-Tana marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Tina Spar
Tina Spar marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Anthony Golden
Anthony Golden marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Ellien
Ellien is currently reading it
May 16, 2015
Nancy
Nancy added it
May 04, 2015
Judy Maurer
Judy Maurer marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Lib
Lib marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Mattie Johnson
Mattie Johnson marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Prince Holiness
Prince Holiness marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
BAMIDELE DANIEL
BAMIDELE DANIEL marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Nomsa
Nomsa marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Sihle
Sihle marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Ali Ololade
Ali Ololade is currently reading it
Mar 27, 2015
Shawna Forrey
Shawna Forrey marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Julian Thorne
Julian Thorne is currently reading it
Mar 13, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Kelisha Farquharson
Kelisha Farquharson marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
  • The Life of A.W. Tozer: In Pursuit of God
  • Theirs Is the Kingdom: Celebrating the Gospel in Urban America
  • Experiencing the Holy Spirit
  • Spiritual Slavery to Spiritual Sonship
  • The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask: (With Answers)
  • Surprised by the Power of the Spirit: Discovering How God Speaks and Heals Today
  • Perspectives on the World Christian Movement: Reader
  • Surprised By Grace: God's Relentless Pursuit Of Rebels
  • Release of the Spirit: The Breaking of the Outward Man for
Aiden Wilson Tozer was an American evangelical pastor, speaker, writer, and editor. After coming to Christ at the age of seventeen, Tozer found his way into the Christian & Missionary Alliance denomination where he served for over forty years. In 1950, he was appointed by the denomination's General Council to be the editor of "The Alliance Witness" (now "Alliance Life").

Born into poverty in we
More about A.W. Tozer...
The Pursuit of God The Knowledge of the Holy The Pursuit of Man: The Divine Conquest of the Human Heart The Attributes of God: A Journey Into the Father's Heart (The Attributes of God, Volume 1) Whatever Happened to Worship?: A Call to True Worship