Start by marking “Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit” as Want to Read:
Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit

Tozer: Mystery of the Holy Spirit

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The 27th book in the best-selling Pure Gold Classics. Editor James Snyder has compiled some of Tozer's greatest works on the Holy Spirit.
Published January 1st 2007 by Bridge-Logos

To ask other readers questions about Tozer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tozer

Barry
Apr 18, 2012 Barry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A. W. Tozer was not a man to mince words and spoke what he believed to be the truth of God's Word and leave the rest up to God. This book is a collection of sermons he preached at the Alliance Church he pastored in Toronto.

It is so far similar to Francis Chan's book, Forgotten God, in that it is not about being 'charismatic' but is about allowing the Holy Spirit his rightful place as followers of Christ. It is a call to recognize his person, authority, and role in our lives as we seek to live fo
Paul
Aug 17, 2009 Paul rated it it was amazing
This collection of sermons by A.W. Tozer on the Holy Spirit was refreshing in many ways. First I have spent too little time reading about and studying about the Holy Spirit. I'm troubled that I've not really ever been taught much about this third person of the holy trinity Godhead. I recommend it to all.
This collection of sermons were bold and are timely as though being written today about the church. I found myself gasping for air at times over how current these messages are.
Tozer brought thin
Josiah
Jan 15, 2016 Josiah rated it it was amazing
I wish I could A.W. Tozer were still alive today so that I could attend his church and hear him preach with such candor and conviction. He doesn't suger coat his messages and gets to the heart issues. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this collection of sermons and learned a good bit about the Holy Spirit as well as some fascinating church history. I highly recommend this book.
Keegan Hatt
Jan 04, 2014 Keegan Hatt rated it it was ok
I feel bad giving it 2 stars, but I cannot reconcile the first six chapters with what I see in scripture with respect to being filled with the Spirit. Chapters 7-10 were incredible and every Christian should read them.
Ellien
Aug 27, 2015 Ellien rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, tozer
My first book on Tozer's preaching. This is truth about the living Holy Spirit and the many awesome blessings, guidance and loving ways about God, our perfect Advocate. A must read for anyone wanting a true real life relationship with Jesus, our Savior, which is experienced not in this world of the flesh, but in the spirit, which is in us, around us, of us.
Clara Roberts
Nov 26, 2013 Clara Roberts rated it liked it
The first half of the book was not very good but the last have of the book made it worth the read.Interesting quotes are "Christianity stands or falls on Jesus Christ ... with the the illumination of the Holy Spirit." Tozer says that Christianity should be spiritual with social overtones.
Mary Hamilton
Sep 06, 2012 Mary Hamilton rated it it was amazing
A collection of sermons by one of Christianity's best. His humor and wit comes across and I could almost hear him preaching, though I've never actually heard his voice. I recommend this book for anyone wanting to learn more about the Holy Spirit and his role in the life of Christians.
Cate
Aug 16, 2012 Cate rated it it was amazing
great insight and reminders of how to cultivate the relationship between myself and the Holy Spirit
Brandon
Aug 16, 2013 Brandon rated it liked it
Surprisingly bad, at least the first 50 percent. I cant go on.
Michael Padgett
Michael Padgett marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Favour Emetu
Favour Emetu marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Emelda R
Emelda R marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Robert Stone
Robert Stone rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2016
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Eyo Etengeabasi
Eyo Etengeabasi rated it it was ok
Jun 14, 2016
Tom
Tom is currently reading it
Jun 11, 2016
Mica Noyago
Mica Noyago marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Nancy Bryant
Nancy Bryant marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Reed Stratton
Reed Stratton marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Revmike10 REESE
Revmike10 REESE rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Yan
Yan marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Joyce Allen
Joyce Allen marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Futahi Clark
Futahi Clark marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Andrea 'Niecey' Terrell
Andrea 'Niecey' Terrell marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Jason Lott
Jason Lott rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Jinsol Lee
Jinsol Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Beyond Smells and Bells: The Wonder and Power of Christian Liturgy
  • Sex and the Supremacy of Christ
  • Real Worship: Playground, Battleground, or Holy Ground?
  • Restoring At-Risk Communities: Doing It Together and Doing It Right
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
  • Heaven Taken by Storm: Showing the Holy Violence a Christian is to Put Forth in the Pursuit After Glory (Puritan Writings)
  • Being God's Friend
  • The Murder of Jesus
  • The Works of Jonathan Edwards, 2 Volumes
  • The Vision: A Two-in-One Volume of The Final Quest and The Call
  • The Life of A.W. Tozer: In Pursuit of God
Aiden Wilson Tozer was an American evangelical pastor, speaker, writer, and editor. After coming to Christ at the age of seventeen, Tozer found his way into the Christian & Missionary Alliance denomination where he served for over forty years. In 1950, he was appointed by the denomination's General Council to be the editor of "The Alliance Witness" (now "Alliance Life").

Born into poverty in we